Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2021, 12:45 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Don’t recall anyone kneeling on a man being a cause of death.

My post suggests that being a criminal, especially a repeat criminal, a serial criminal, etc..., and one that chooses to resist arrest, is likely going to have a bad day.

There is no poor entitled criminal, that’s just an excuse folks use to defend them.

Abide by the law, and one won’t put themselves in a bad position. It’s really that simple.
No cop I've ever known would, after being told multiple times by a suspect that he could not breathe, put him face down on the ground and kneel on his neck.
Not one.
Of course, the medical examiner indicates that the knee on the neck was the proximal cause of death.....
will we ever really know the truth?
These incidents get worse as time goes on because of all the hatred and rhetoric on both sides. So people call the cops quivering cowards or whatever someone here said, and the offenders are frightened they will be 'murdered' by the police. As with everything, the truth is in the middle there somewhere.

Minnesota law enforcement needs a top to bottom assessment of policies and procedures. Surely they must have Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST training) when an officer is certified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If I were her, I would absolutely say not one single word to anyone in public, except under oath in a court of law. But yeah, guilty or not, I think her effectiveness as a police officer is done. She should retire.
Agreed. But, she is guilty of making a mistake....and egregious, irreversible mistake that will haunt her for the rest of her life. It will be up to the district attorney to determine if she should be prosecuted criminally.

On the other side of the coin, if the young man had complied and not resisted being arrested on a valid warrant, none of this would have happened.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
No cop I've ever known would, after being told multiple times by a suspect that he could not breathe, put him face down on the ground and kneel on his neck.
Not one.
Of course, the medical examiner indicates that the knee on the neck was the proximal cause of death.....
will we ever really know the truth?
These incidents get worse as time goes on because of all the hatred and rhetoric on both sides. So people call the cops quivering cowards or whatever someone here said, and the offenders are frightened they will be 'murdered' by the police. As with everything, the truth is in the middle there somewhere.

Minnesota law enforcement needs a top to bottom assessment of policies and procedures. Surely they must have Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST training) when an officer is certified.
Anyone that can talk can breathe.

That’s what courts are for.

Don’t be an offender and there won’t be a problem.

Criminals need a top to bottom assessment, especially serial criminals. Keep them locked up and the country will be a better place as they obviously can’t behave and don’t value their freedom.

Personally, I’m in favor of total police defunding. Let those that hate the police and defend the criminals fend for themselves. Let social workers handle it.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This mayor just said that he doesn't believe cops necessarily need weapons at traffic stops.
Is everyone in Minnesota municipal government dumber than a bag of hammers??
Traffic stops are the most dangerous (or they were) encounters police officers have....that and family disputes.

No cop in his right mind will make a traffic stop unarmed.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Anyone that can talk can breathe.

That’s what courts are for.

Don’t be an offender and there won’t be a problem.

Criminals need a top to bottom assessment, especially serial criminals. Keep them locked up and the country will be a better place as they obviously can’t behave and don’t value their freedom.

Personally, I’m in favor of total police defunding. Let those that hate the police and defend the criminals fend for themselves. Let social workers handle it.
I don't disagree with you.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:33 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I don't either, but the surest way to ensure that it never happens is to say that it can't. That's why I've never liked that "genie" phrase.

Women as cops on the street puts everyone at greater risk, most especially the female officers themselves. And police work was already plenty risky enough when the force was all male. It has long been known that many criminals, to whom savage behavior comes naturally, will much more likely try to overpower a female officer than they would a large male officer. They know their chances with a man would be slim to none and that then they'd be spitting out their teeth. With women, many more like their odds.

I lived in the Kansas City area in the early 80s and it was then that we saw the first women on the force. I knew it was social engineering silliness then, remains so today, and always will be. It puts everyone - the public and the police force - at greater risk.

Tragically, it didn't take very long for that much higher risk scenario to play out and take the life of a young woman who wanted to be part of that silly social experiment. Hearing of that tragic incident shook me then and its memory shakes me to this day. I was sad, but I was also angry - at the system stupidity that led to it. It was so predictable and so preventable.

https://www.odmp.org/officer/11515-p...na-hummel-rose
Definitely agree.

And what I have noticed in the TC here, is the female police officer always has to have a partner. The men, they don't always have to have a partner.

So, because of PC, and pushing this woke craziness, we all pay more in taxes to coddle to women that really have no business doing that job.

There have been TONS of examples of female cops through the years throughout America getting overpowered and many bad (horrible) results from such.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:41 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Let's face it, the people of Minneapolis deserve to have their city burned down, it's what they voted for.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:44 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Let's face it, the people of Minneapolis deserve to have their city burned down, it's what they voted for.
Bingo

Let them sleep in the bed they made.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:47 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
agreed.
the police chief resigned too.
As they should have, along with the ultimate people in charge, the Mayor and City Council. They are in charge of the Police Force, but always keep their jobs. Things won't change with out the people in charge being held accountable. Always Democrat Mayors, you notice

Old 04-13-2021, 01:47 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Yup. People need to enjoy the cow pie sandwich they voted for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies