Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2021, 11:00 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
How can people be so in denial? Protesting is peaceful, holding signs, walking around and maybe chanting. NOT throwing objects at police, setting fires, breaking store-front windows and looting..... this is straight up lawlessness.
but they want free HDTVs! That's what it is all about. Looting for Duante.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 02:47 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Here's my two cents on this whole situation:

The young man (as he's old enough to vote and clearly not smart enough to pull out) knows that when you resist arrest things bad things can happen. Why didn't he just do what he was told to do? Hasn't he seen the news in the past year?? Why didn't you just register your tag like every other person?

However, he did have a warrant out and he knew it. He clearly was not a productive member of society at the age of 20 with that type of warrant out.

The cop-She clearly had her gun out the entire time (if that's who's body camera film we are watching with the gun front and center) so there's NO WAY she could have been confused about her gun and her taser.

They BOTH are at fault.
so you are implying a cop with 26 years on the force and is eligible to retire anytime soon decided to wake up one morning to shoot a black guy in broad day light? why wait after 26 years?

Old 04-14-2021, 03:14 AM

295 posts, read 246,363 times
This shooting is questionable in part because Kim Potter was involved in another shooting in 2019.

She reportedly told two officers to turn off their body cameras before she shot an autistic man.

This makes me think that Potter is a very calculating person who is always aware of the body camera and how to use it to avoid getting in trouble. I think there's a high percentage chance that she shot the person on purpose. The gun feels different from the taser. It should have been obvious what she was holding.

Since she was nearing retirement, perhaps she decided that she wanted to go out with a literal bang. I mean.. why not? After all, she'll probably get away it, and she got to stick it to BLM. Many cops view BLM as an enemy organization/movement.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:26 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It's madness. These wokes today are nothing less than cultural terrorists. Plain and simple.
Don't worry, unlike last year, the looters and rioters are vaccinated this time.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:28 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalens View Post
This shooting is questionable in part because Kim Potter was involved in another shooting in 2019.

She reportedly told two officers to turn off their body cameras before she shot an autistic man.
Why lie?

"Officers from the Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Crystal, and Maple Grove police
departments, as well as deputies from the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office, responded to the
scene. Officer Kim Potter, a police officer with the Brooklyn Center Police Department (BCPD)
for 24 years, was among the first to arrive. As she arrived, officers were still securing the scene
so that Mr. Dimock-Heisler could receive medical treatment. Officer Potter instructed Officers
Turner and Akers to exit the residence,"

https://www.hennepinattorney.org/-/m...l-8-5-2020.pdf

Old 04-14-2021, 03:31 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:

This makes me think that Potter is a very calculating person who is always aware of the body camera and how to use it to avoid getting in trouble. I think there's a high percentage chance that she shot the person on purpose. The gun feels different from the taser. It should have been obvious what she was holding.

Since she was nearing retirement, perhaps she decided that she wanted to go out with a literal bang. I mean.. why not? After all, she'll probably get away it, and she got to stick it to BLM. Many cops view BLM as an enemy organization/movement.
yeah, i heard cops are murderous people. they wake up every morning with the intention of shooting some black guys for no reason.

this is why i had to chuckle when libs are pretending like they care with their fake crocodile tears when Capitol police Brian Sicknick was killed on Jan 6.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:52 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:

That theory is completely insane.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
"Twice as many white people are killed by police than black and almost the same number of Latinos."

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/
Which is entirely meaningless and you know it. Blacks are only 12% of the population, so if they were killed by police at the same rate, the number should be almost 10 times as many whites.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No, but if true, the world is objectively a better place now that he's no longer in it. He was a criminal that acted foolishly and it lead to his death. Ultimately not a bad thing.
For a misdemeanor offense.

I had a misdemeanor offense a couple years ago and I do not view myself as a criminal.

Have you ever had a misdemeanor offense?

You're acting like the warrant was for a major, violent crime.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornery Carrot View Post
Why the double standard where those being detained have to follow every single instruction but cops are allowed to break rules with no repercussion?
End qualified immunity. If the police simply comply with rules and regulations, they have nothing to fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies