Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 07:24 AM

3,225 posts, read 1,606,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Link doesn't work.
Something funny goes on here. This is not the first time that a link I post seems to get changed after a while into a link that does not work. I double check my posts and make sure that the links work after I post. This link worked when I posted but now that I cannot edit my post it has been changed into a link that does not work.

I noticed this in a past post but ignored it. Now in this thread I have two posts that have been changed so the links no longer work.

I do not think it is me making a mistake, which leaves a bug in this software or someone going in and breaking the links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 07:24 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...-shows-rcna650

Hardly anyone showed up for these organized protests nationwide. The US is moving past the white nationalist dialogue made popular by ex-president Trump. Now that Trump has lost his megaphone, many have gone back to hiding or have reformed.
LOL. White lives matter is a flop I Agree. But trump never supported or gave white lives matter a megaphone. Show me a video stating trump saying that. Trump only supported proud boys in which a person of color is its leader. Lol. White lives matter has always been a flop before, during and after trump. Lol. And I say this as a person of color. Lol. You loose with your gas lighting.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:26 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Oh, I misunderstood your post when you demeaned others. And for clarity I was indicating the movement.

So you do agree that it is absurdly ridiculous and laughable that White Lives Matter is a movement of people who are accustomed to privilege and feel threatened and oppressed by equality?
Except I didn’t demean others and if you were indicating the movement you’d have said so.

If it’s a movement the protests would be huge, but I always love the terms white privilege and oppression, rather than blaming oneself for their own shortcomings...although free stuff via entitlement is certainly enticing.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:31 AM

1,601 posts, read 867,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Please do tell how Trump’s presidency “wreak havoc?”

I mean, during Trump’s presidency the borders were better secured, no wars, no Islamic terrorism, Middle East peace, nuclear threats from North Korea subsided, low unemployment, economy at its best in many decades, military strengthened, foreign capital repatriation back into the U.S. increased substantially, new and better trade deals with our neighbors, gas prices low, etc.

Compared with what’s going on just three months into Biden’s presidency and Trump’s four years looked like a paradise. Most of the supposedly chaos were nothing more than Leftist media generated fake hype.

If that is what you call havoc, then clearly you have been thoroughly brainwashed by the Left.

I see the OP hasn't bothered responding to you. Le sigh indeed.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:32 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Because 99.9% of white people aren’t racist. You’d have to be stupid to believe in white supremacy.

Have you seen all the idiot white liberals with their stupid policies that are destroying the country? They are far from supreme.
"White Supremacy" is like "Global Warming" and "Russia"

Large, nebulous, undefinable "boogie men" that can be leveraged forever and ever for political gain.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Leftist protests are normally large because they are loaded with a bunch of unemployed losers and radicalized college students living off of mom and dad. Right wing protests will always have less participation.
This is how a lot of people see it.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:39 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...-shows-rcna650

Hardly anyone showed up for these organized protests nationwide. The US is moving past the white nationalist dialogue made popular by ex-president Trump. Now that Trump has lost his megaphone, many have gone back to hiding or have reformed.
A normal person would have taken this story to mean that white supremacy is clearly not an issue in this country.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:42 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
A normal person would have taken this story to mean that white supremacy is clearly not an issue in this country.
Bingo

Old 04-12-2021, 07:45 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't think you can make that assessment from the article. They are just not as emboldened to voice and organize out in the open as what many were lead to believe. Plenty of them up here in the NJ area... most would deny actually being racist.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:59 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Not surprising, you would have to be insane to attend such an event in todays climate.

1. Covid risk

2. Social media captures you there and your employer retaliates.

3.You are guaranteed to be labeled a racist.

There is no upside to attending
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies