Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 11:44 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times

Advertisements

Please put schumer under oath and ask him what incident he based his statement about the intel community having six ways from sunday to to get even?????????????

'Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC"

Is schumer saying their is a deep state and they go rogue if anyone opposes them?????

What evidence prompted schumer to make such an inflamatory statement?????

Place schumer under oath!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 11:45 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Yes, and Farrakhan has the right to say how bad white people and America are. I believe in the right of people to filter through the crap and make their own decision. First amendment baby!
But lots of people are so gullible, they will fall hook, line and sinker for anything. Supposedly Alex Jones has said his followers can be so dumb that they will buy dick pills.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So no need to look for Timothy McVeighs?
The founding fathers of this country were once labelled the same way as Mcveigh was...(and we celebrate their victory today)...just saying.

What would you call a person that attempts to fight a tyrannical govt? ( a terrorist or a patriot)

Old 04-16-2021, 11:52 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So as a far right activist, Alex Jones should have the right, if he wants to, to put on a doctor who says covid vaccines will cause 50 million deaths?
If people in general are so stupid that they cannot form their own opinion based on what multiple (ideally opposing) sources say, then that is on them. I do not jump off a bridge because some guy on the radio says to jump off a bridge.

So, to answer your question, yes, absolutely. I'll decide for myself whether to believe what I hear or not. I prefer to hear differing opinions and decide for myself. As for the vaccine, since there was no clinical trial at all to speak of, we have NO idea what might be the long-term effects. We are all involved in the largest clinical trial in world history. Guess we just wait and see.

The sad thing is that IF there are harmful long term effects, the vaccine developers and manufacturers have denied any legal responsibility. Class action suits won't even be possible. As I said in another thread, that is way more of a red flag for me than I need to say, "No thanks."

Old 04-16-2021, 04:19 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what about the ones that strolled through the doors held open by capitol police, and the ones who never entered the building?
investigate them too?
Yes. As with any legal investigation, you endeavor investigate all the potential suspects. Those who aided and abetted the action may not have played a direct role, but they could still be guilty.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:31 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So as a far right activist, Alex Jones should have the right, if he wants to, to put on a doctor who says covid vaccines will cause 50 million deaths?
He's not far-right, and he's not an activist. He's an entertainer. And, of course, he has the right to air anything he wants as long as it is not criminal.

"Big Lies" are par for the course at the Left's propaganda outlets, and you never complain about that. Funny how that works.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The founding fathers of this country were once labelled the same way as Mcveigh was...(and we celebrate their victory today)...just saying.

What would you call a person that attempts to fight a tyrannical govt? ( a terrorist or a patriot)
Are you joking? He killed 168 people including 19 children. I definitely wouldn't call him a patriot.

Oklahoma City Bombing
https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-c...a-city-bombing

What about the Unabomber? Ignore that too?
This is what Nunes seems to really want to hide:

The rise of domestic extremism in America
Data shows a surge in homegrown incidents not seen in a quarter-century

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...errorism-data/

Old 04-16-2021, 07:00 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
who is 'they,' and what does allegedly putting hacks into national security positions have to do with weaponizing intelligence? is eric swallwell the 'hack' you're speaking of?

Rep. Eric Swalwell refused to say if he had sex with a suspected Chinese spy who slept with 2 mayors for an intelligence campaign
You haven't been paying attention the last 4 years.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:02 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So no need to look for Timothy McVeighs?

Destroying a supposedly free nation is not an acceptable or smart strategy/plan. Just more evidence of why government should be small and limited, as the founding fathers intended. There's nothing worse than big government run by Tim McVeigh type psychopaths, and it could happen if we are not careful, wise and prudent. It has happened before in other places, and only a fool would think it can't happen here.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Destroying a supposedly free nation is not an acceptable or smart strategy/plan. Just more evidence of why government should be small and limited, as the founding fathers intended.
I find the direction the right has taken with regards to domestic terrorism. Whether it's storming the Capitol, Timothy McVeigh, the Unabomber or a number of other domestic threats, they are going all in on demanding the resources used to investigate such acts be eliminated. Is it because their guys started getting arrested?

Last edited by Seacove; 04-16-2021 at 08:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies