Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 12:11 PM

2,895 posts, read 2,145,496 times

Advertisements

to the best of my knowledge none of those companies marketed thalidomide in the past or now. seems a bit sketch on accuracy.

Old 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,071,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post

Anyway this thread will be gone from Health in minutes
Which is #16 on the list.

Old 04-17-2021, 12:54 PM

6,006 posts, read 3,739,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
It's a question I hear every day and that is when are we going to find a cure for cancer? Then one has to explain to them that there are many types of cancer and each is being addressed individually and so even though one type of cancer might still be deadly there are others that are much more treatable if not "curable".

There is no COVID vaccine but vaccines. They are completely independent of each other. Go back and read that list of 18 or 20 or 30 and you won't find one specific vaccine for COVID mentioned by name. They are all gross generalizations and some are funny as hell. Gross generalizations is something typical for anti-vaccine quacks because they don't have the specific science on their side and that being "specific facts". They smear all vaccines and it doesn't matter to them what tomato they throw at the wall sticks just as long as something sticks so yeah you can add the vaccine isn't vegan or organic and it weight make you gain weight.
So you criticize the 18 reasons as "generalizations" even though you offer no evidence that the specific vaccines are exempt from the reasons given. Then, when your lack of specificity is pointed out and your "pandemic" alarm is put into perspective, you try to explain it all away with your own generalizations.

Got it! Sounds like another "Do as I say and don't ask me to prove anything because I'm the expert" type of response.

Old 04-17-2021, 01:34 PM

1,148 posts, read 864,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
So you criticize the 18 reasons as "generalizations" even though you offer no evidence that the specific vaccines are exempt from the reasons given. Then, when your lack of specificity is pointed out and your "pandemic" alarm is put into perspective, you try to explain it all away with your own generalizations.

Got it! Sounds like another "Do as I say and don't ask me to prove anything because I'm the expert" type of response.
Evidence that the specific vaccines are exempt from reason given? All vaccines COVID or not are exempt to some degree from legal tort. The government set up its own rules to deal with lawsuits in its own way through legislation. There is nothing unique with regards to COVID vaccines and lawsuits. The legal system was already set up. The original intent to limit lawsuits that existed way before COVID vaccines was because the government has a vested interest in vaccines in order to limit morbidity and the costs of hospitalization and loss of work days and in mortality. It pays for the vaccines. "We" pay for the vaccines and it would be like you suing the government. There's a public health interest and a monetary interest on why the vaccine court system was set up.

I generally answer a general allegation with a general retort. I would love to address specific questions about specific vaccines none of which the 18 apply to COVID specifically. None mention any specific COVID vaccine.

Old 04-17-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Actually, there is very little in that piece that could rightfully be labeled as "opinion". The overwhelming majority of it is cold hard FACTS. I read it several days ago and thought about posting it here, but it seems that many people here just don't want to deal with FACTS that don't support their pre-conceived opinions.

EDIT: And before someone comes along and cherrypicks a sentence or two and argues that it's wrong or simply opinion, I ask that they first list all 18 reasons and then tell us precisely what is not factual about them.
In a court of law which has stringent standards, rather than discussion forums, there is jury instructions given that if a witness on the stand tells a lie then part or all of his testimony can be discarded by the jury if they so deem. You call it cherry-picking?

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." – Column in January 18, 1983 The Washington Post.

Those are two precedents that don't conform or go against your position.

Old 04-17-2021, 02:37 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,256,608 times
As for Geert.....here is a good rebuttal.

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/co...vanden-bossche

Old 04-17-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
As for Geert.....here is a good rebuttal.

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/co...vanden-bossche
"THE WORLD'S LEADING VACCINOLOGIST"

I think there's like 8 hits on PubMed for the "World's leading vaccinologist". Fauci has at least 300.

He wants to develop his own vaccine that is more cellular immune tuned. For him we will apply #6. We will make him have a 20 year long term study before he is able to release his vaccine. By that time it will be outdated and he will have to start over with another new vaccine and then start a new 20 year study to provide proof of long term efficacy.

Of course they also quote other world leading expert Mercola.

Old 04-17-2021, 03:43 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I've had both doses of Pfizer and guess what? No problems, and guess what, when I signed the form to get it, I was told about its FDA approval status, and guess what? I did it anyway because we're in a goddamn PANDEMIC and I don't want to get it or spread it to anybody else.

Personal responsibility is apparently a thing of the past for some people.
You can still get it even if you are vaccinated.

I don't think you understand what personal in personal responsibility means. It means 'personal.'

Old 04-17-2021, 06:09 PM

6,006 posts, read 3,739,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
Evidence that the specific vaccines are exempt from reason given? All vaccines COVID or not are exempt to some degree from legal tort. The government set up its own rules to deal with lawsuits in its own way through legislation. There is nothing unique with regards to COVID vaccines and lawsuits. The legal system was already set up. The original intent to limit lawsuits that existed way before COVID vaccines was because the government has a vested interest in vaccines in order to limit morbidity and the costs of hospitalization and loss of work days and in mortality. It pays for the vaccines. "We" pay for the vaccines and it would be like you suing the government. There's a public health interest and a monetary interest on why the vaccine court system was set up.

I generally answer a general allegation with a general retort. I would love to address specific questions about specific vaccines none of which the 18 apply to COVID specifically. None mention any specific COVID vaccine.
You're the one doing all the generalization. Don't try to put that on others. If the 18 reasons listed for not taking the Covid-19 vaccines are not valid as you claim, then just list them here one at a time and tell us briefly WHY they're not valid.

That's a specific question/challenge and we'll wait for your specific answers... after all, we've only asked you about 3 times now for specific answers and we're still waiting. Or, are you going to continue to duck the specific question with more generalized bovine excrement?

Old 04-17-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
You're the one doing all the generalization. Don't try to put that on others. If the 18 reasons listed for not taking the Covid-19 vaccines are not valid as you claim, then just list them here one at a time and tell us briefly WHY they're not valid.

That's a specific question/challenge and we'll wait for your specific answers... after all, we've only asked you about 3 times now for specific answers and we're still waiting. Or, are you going to continue to duck the specific question with more generalized bovine excrement?
Maybe you don't quite understand that the Pfizer vaccine was approved based on studies for EUA. The Moderna vaccine was approved on its own merits for release after submitting studies to the FDA. The Johnson and Johnson vaccine was approved and released based on studies submitted to the FDA. It was also halted for further study based on post release reports on that vaccine with regards to blood clots based on its own merits.

The person that came up with the 18 points glosses over all the differences and generalizes saying they won't take the vaccine, any vaccine based on that global assessment of the COVID vaccines period. They lump them all together. They erase any differences between vaccines. They don't say yeah I won't take the J&J vaccine and instead I will take the Moderna vaccine. No, they want people not to take any vaccine and that is why THEY are not specific and THEY make global generalized and not only with regards to COVID but all vaccines. It's completely absurd to be lumping them all together from a scientific point of view.

The way that it is supposed to work is that one makes an allegation like blood clots with any specific vaccine like J&J . One then makes scientific studies to determine if that is correct or not. It's on a one to one basis. It is evidence based. What one doesn't do is introduced opinion the global without specific application to any particular vaccine.

Global generalizations like #1 is not specific to COVID. We already talked about that and why that is the case. That argument is not specific to COVID. That argument can be made to any vaccine that has been on the market for 50 years. It is an antivaxxer argument that is global and general pertaining to all vaccines. Governments have been subsidizing vaccine manufacturing for years. People sue the government and that means you and me. You and me pay for the vaccine and you and me pay out of our pockets for adverse events that is not specific for COVID nor any COVID vaccine.

As for #2 the distrust of vaccine manufacturers then there again that has nothing to do with COVID vaccines but the distrust of the companies and not the merit of the product. That is a global generalization as to anything they produce is to be distrusted. That's another anti-vaxxer argument. That has nothing to do with any particular COVID vaccine. No vaccine will pass the no 1 nor no 2 because that is the whole point of being antivaccine. You don't want any vaccine to be given. Rest assured there has never been a vaccine on the market that has fulfilled all 18 of those points, not from Jenner with cow-pox to the present day. None would pass those arbitrary points.

I am not going to go through all of the 18 childish points but suffice to say that they are not specific objections to any specific COVID vaccine and they aren't meant to be. No, none are valid in rejecting the COVID vaccines that have been approved nor any vaccine for that matter. The vaccines have been studied and approved. If there is something wrong with the vaccine then it will be withdrawn which is what happened. It might also be released again.

If you have a favorite antivaxxer point among the 18 you bring it up with a specific COVID vaccine that can be researched then go for it.

They said the same thing about the HPV vaccine and it is starting to save lives now. It has been one big great success story and it will pay bigger and bigger dividends as time goes along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies