Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 07:08 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Frank, that should be 1.5 million, not billion.
Corrected, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 07:09 AM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
The liberal morons in Oregon should make a riot ban permanent.

Old 04-18-2021, 07:27 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Remember when the authoritarians said Texas was irresponsible for overturning their mask mandate, including that knuckle dragger Fauci?

Remember when they promised it would lead to a crippling surge in infections?

Why do you keep believing these people?

Old 04-18-2021, 07:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
As mask mandates end, Oregon bucks trend with permanent rule

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...30da5a8648af95

I lived in Oregon about 20 years ago. I will never live there again. What kind of nonsense is this?
Your title and post imply that this permanent mandate is 100% inevitable.

Clearly the article suggests one health care worker is proposing it and there is nothing to suggest it will be accepted.

And it does not say permanently -- it says until the pandemic designation is removed.

It would be cause for concern if it was truly inevitable that this mandate would pass AND that the pandemic designation would never be removed but it isn't clear that these two factors will occur.

I find it faschinating that people fear something that might happen under certain conditions but have no fear of medical guidelines based on science.....but you know -- I'm funny like that.

(For the record, I can't wait to stop wearing a mask and fortunately live in a community where as vaccination rates improve, case loads are plateauing. I'm hoping that trend continues and we can remove our masks soon).

Old 04-18-2021, 07:46 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

Clearly the article suggests one health care worker is proposing it and there is nothing to suggest it will be accepted.

And it does not say permanently -- it says until the pandemic designation is removed.

It would be cause for concern if it was truly inevitable that this mandate would pass AND that the pandemic designation would never be removed but it isn't clear that these two factors will occur.

I find it faschinating that people fear something that might happen under certain conditions but have no fear of medical guidelines based on science.....but you know -- I'm funny like that.

(For the record, I can't wait to stop wearing a mask and fortunately live in a community where as vaccination rates improve, case loads are plateauing. I'm hoping that trend continues and we can remove our masks soon).
How to use lies to make make tyranny sound reasonable.

This covid response is straight out of the terrorism response 101 playbook; take away a number of freedoms and tell the people if they're good they'll get a few of them back.

Old 04-18-2021, 07:55 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,055,358 times
Masking only slows down acquired/herd immunity, dragging this out even longer.
I am amazed at how few people know the Spanish flu is still with us, now called the H1N1 strain.
Do we mask up for this?
States that follow federal covid guidelines are also receiving more federal relief dollars.

Last edited by Sunbiz1; 04-18-2021 at 08:58 AM..

Old 04-18-2021, 08:04 AM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Remember when the authoritarians said Texas was irresponsible for overturning their mask mandate, including that knuckle dragger Fauci?

Remember when they promised it would lead to a crippling surge in infections?

Why do you keep believing these people?
Today's liberals have no critical thinking skills. They are capable only of regurgitating what the DNC and the media says, as well as doing whatever they are told to do.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:08 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

This is not "one health care worker" but the person who would make the final decision on this. The other option is to let the mask mandate expire. Let businesses and or local governments decide what is best in their area.

Wood said he is reviewing all the feedback to see if changes are needed before he makes a final decision by May 4, when the current rules lapse.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:21 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,650,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This is not "one health care worker" but the person who would make the final decision on this. The other option is to let the mask mandate expire. Let businesses and or local governments decide what is best in their area.

Wood said he is reviewing all the feedback to see if changes are needed before he makes a final decision by May 4, when the current rules lapse.
I can tell you in Texas they claimed it would be very bad when they lifted the mask mandate, yet nothing. And I would say still about 80% (at least) wear these bacteria traps on their face. People are so conditioned now they will still wear them even if you drop the mandate, and businesses will still enforce them. Don't worry though cause the states with mask mandates have so much better numbers to back their data up...remember follow the science but don't debate it.

Amazing how we never used a mask before and now people think a piece of cloth saves everyone from supposedly the deadliest virus ever.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Masking only slows down acquired/herd immunity, dragging this out even longer.
I am amazed at how few people know the Spanish flu is still with us, now called the H1N1 strain.
Do we mask up for this?
States that follow federal covid guidelines are also receiving the more federal relief dollars.
I didn't realize we had a disease expert on our board. Thanks for sharing your expertise. It is appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies