Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2021, 07:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
My aunt died after getting the second shot. Her feet swelled up, she had trouble breathing, and her heart stopped.
At least 150 million vaccinations have been given. Statistically, some will die from other causes coincidently soon after this vaccination.

How old was your aunt? What was her medical history? What you describe sounds like heart failure. Did she have a history of heart problems?

Old 06-10-2021, 07:31 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
They might want to hold off on the young male employees. The vaccine is giving them heart inflammation.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 06-10-2021, 08:11 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They might want to hold off on the young male employees. The vaccine is giving them heart inflammation.
Still to be confirmed, and if it turns out the vaccines are causative full recovery is typical.

https://www.aappublications.org/news...61021.full.pdf

Old 06-11-2021, 12:21 AM

8,245 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Most of those patients immuno-compromised/suppressed are some of the best candidates for the vaccine as they are at such high risk. My wife as a stem cell transplant patient, even having survived a Covid 19 infection, still took the vaccine a year later. Your doctor should know best, but the decision is yours of course.
I was told by the same person that I was not able to get vaccines anymore once I started the treatment years ago.

If someone has a suppressed immune system then they will have no immune system response to a vaccine anyway, as was explained to me years ago.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:30 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
I was told by the same person that I was not able to get vaccines anymore once I started the treatment years ago.

If someone has a suppressed immune system then they will have no immune system response to a vaccine anyway, as was explained to me years ago.
Someone who is immunosuppressed may have a greater risk of not responding to a vaccine but it is not guaranteed.

You would be at greater risk for severe outcome with the actual infection.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:50 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
You know what else causes myocarditis/pericarditis? Getting COVID.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:42 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:

There can be times when the vaccine is not effective. For instance for the months after a stem cell transplant. And of course it makes no sense to vaccinate right before the transplant. Once the transplant kicks in, we have to train the new cells. So she has had a series of numerous vaccinations the past 2 years. Including all the usual childhood vaccines. During certain chemotherapies and immuno-suppressive agents vaccinations might not be warranted. But those decisions are above my pay grade.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:14 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Still to be confirmed, and if it turns out the vaccines are causative full recovery is typical.

https://www.aappublications.org/news...61021.full.pdf
What you have basically shown is a very good case as to why any sort of mandate is inappropriate at this time.

From the Article
Quote:
Among 285 cases with a known outcome, 270 were discharged, most to their homes. About 81% have made a full recovery, and the rest had ongoing symptoms or unknown status. Fifteen are still hospitalized, including three in intensive care
Quote:
There were 196 cases in young adults ages 18-24 years, while eight to 83 were expected.
Not sure of your definition, but the ones still suffering symptoms, probably are taking no comfort in being considered typical.

Even if recovery is "typical" and these people fully recover. It seems like some sort of mental mind game people are trying to play as basically what you are saying is "Yes there is a small possibility you may end up with issues with your heart, but typically you will be just fine".

This is concerning enough that a CDC Committee is convening an emergency meeting next week.

Quote:
ACIP will hold an emergency meeting on June 18 to discuss myocarditis cases and the AAP will be monitoring the meeting closely.
Now, will anything come of it or will things "work out"...only time will tell and these mandates are not giving people this time.

We are only a few months in since the "Emergency Use Authorization" was issued by the FDA. What if something like this or some other major complication turns out where recovery is not so typical?

Old 06-11-2021, 08:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:

Same person - your doctor?

That's the only medical advice I would take -- from a doctor. And maybe even get a second opinion.

Other than that --- I wouldn't trust anyone's advice.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:16 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,452,471 times
VERY easy to replace those that walked off the job.

Plenty of nursing staffing companies that would have people ready at the go.

Bravo to the hospital for standing up for their patients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies