Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 11:35 PM

37,165 posts, read 41,357,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
Cause they got money for every death they marked down to the Rona. The people I know that got it never even saw a hospital. They stayed home for a few days. They were tired, couldn’t taste or smell for a few days, but that was it. Recovered just fine and were back to normal in no time. The death count has been over exaggerated and in the grand scheme of things has been pretty insignificant. The people that catch it have a very high rate of survival and those of us in good health have even less to worry about. Again, I’ve been out enjoying and living my life for the last year. I never caught the sniffles from the wuhan flu.
There is no payment for coronavirus deaths.

If anything deaths have been undercounted.

There are posters here on CD who have had COVID-19 for whom it was way more than sniffles and posters who have lost family members.

It's not just about your personal experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 11:42 PM

795 posts, read 409,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no payment for coronavirus deaths.

If anything deaths have been undercounted.

There are posters here on CD who have had COVID-19 for whom it was way more than sniffles and posters who have lost family members.

It's not just about your personal experience.
Yeah, and? People die every day from all sorts of things. What’s the difference? Cry about it and move on with your life.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:44 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
Cause they got money for every death they marked down to the Rona. The people I know that got it never even saw a hospital. They stayed home for a few days. They were tired, couldn’t taste or smell for a few days, but that was it. Recovered just fine and were back to normal in no time. The death count has been over exaggerated and in the grand scheme of things has been pretty insignificant. The people that catch it have a very high rate of survival and those of us in good health have even less to worry about. Again, I’ve been out enjoying and living my life for the last year. I never caught the sniffles from the wuhan flu.
Then why did someone just say there is no payment for coronavirus deaths? Anyway, you still can't deny that for the past year more people than usual have been dying in hospitals from a virus not encountered before in a very long time. It's rarer to dye from the flu.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:46 PM

795 posts, read 409,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You still can't deny that for the past year more people than usual have been dying in hospitals from a virus not encountered before in a very long time. It's rarer to dye from the flu.
Actually that’s not true. More people died of heart disease in 2019 than died of the Rona in 2020.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:56 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,665,415 times
Quote:
That was your choice. I’ve been back to normal and free from fear of the China Virus since about last April. Been living and enjoying my life all year. No mask, no vaccine, no distancing, hanging with friends and family and living my life. You should stop listening to the media fear mongering.
I made my choice too as I take care of elderly mother and disabled brother at risk...big weight off of my shoulders having them (and myself) fully vaccinated!!

Old 04-28-2021, 12:36 AM

37,165 posts, read 41,357,088 times
Quote:
Yeah, and? People die every day from all sorts of things. What’s the difference? Cry about it and move on with your life.
The difference is that we now have vaccines for the coronavirus. That makes deaths from it preventable.

Quote:
Actually that’s not true. More people died of heart disease in 2019 than died of the Rona in 2020.
What is not true? He did not say anything about heart disease.

There were days last year with the coronavirus killed more people than heart disease and all cancers combined. At the end of the year it was the third leading overall cause of death - and it was killing for just ten months, not twelve.

How many deaths does it have to cause before you consider it significant? Does it have to be number one?

Old 04-28-2021, 04:36 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,742,812 times
The only debate here in this thread is about the definition of "education".

The non-educated do what they're told and have leaped into the middle of the stampede toward the vaccine. The educated understand that there is good reason to be very cautious and that many have been harmed or killed by this experimental vaccine that they did not need or stand to benefit from.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:42 AM

40,962 posts, read 49,272,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Smart people want the vaccine.
Dumb people don't want the vaccine.

Makes perfect sense.
Some of the dumbest people I know have college degrees.

Some of the smartest People I know don't have much or any college.

College teaches the common sense out of many people.

Makes perfect sense why people with common sense may not want the vaccines.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:58 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,742,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Some of the dumbest people I know have college degrees.

Some of the smartest People I know don't have much or any college.

College teaches the common sense out of many people.

Makes perfect sense why people with common sense may not want the vaccines.
Well said and, if anything, (understandably, for forum consumption) understated.

Old 04-28-2021, 05:07 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,996,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://news.usc.edu/182848/educatio...sks-usc-study/

Very interesting observations.

From what I read and hear, this makes perfect sense to me

Any person with any semblance of education would understand the ramifications of COVID and the necessity of mitigating the disease by all means possible, including vaccination!

I am not an elitist. I fully comprehend that lack of education does not equate to stupidity. But comments that hear just kinda make me shake my head!

I would bet the almost all the people who refuse to get vaccinated on the grounds it is a risk take plenty of drugs, supplements, and even foods which have had less testing and are proven more dangerous. If these people drive or walk down the street they are taking a bigger risk. If they take Tylenol or cold medicine they are taking a bigger risk. Most "natural" supplements are more dangerous and have less testing than any of these vaccines. NSAID's like Ibuprofen cause stomach bleeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies