Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 12:29 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,803,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://news.usc.edu/182848/educatio...sks-usc-study/

Very interesting observations.

From what I read and hear, this makes perfect sense to me

Any person with any semblance of education would understand the ramifications of COVID and the necessity of mitigating the disease by all means possible, including vaccination!

I am not an elitist. I fully comprehend that lack of education does not equate to stupidity. But comments that hear just kinda make me shake my head!

Regarding vaccine hesitancy: Sometimes people for whom the system is working trust the system more. Maybe that explains why they trust the vaccine. The 'uneducated' have less reason to trust a system that seems to them corrupt and self-serving, thus they wonder about the safety of the vaccine. After all, who did the Covid mitigation measures protect? Certainly NOT the grocery workers, farm workers, bus drivers or small businesses. They protected the laptop class, and funneled money into the hands of Bezos, etc. Big Pharma doesn't exactly have a good track record with the poor, given how the opioid epidemic has decimated their towns and cities.

Perhaps Black Americans are more trusting now at this point in history. Despite the past, it seems like the major power players (business, media, government) have aligned in favor of BLM and other causes. So at the moment, they perceive the system as on their side. Not so for many others out there who have been driven into illness, poverty, and despair by those in charge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 12:34 PM

17,681 posts, read 13,472,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I was on the fence about the covid vaccines, until I smartly realized the canaries in the coal mine aren't dropping dead, meaning the first human test subjects for the vaccines from a year ago. Now I'm fully immunized from covid and had nothing but a sore arm for several days from both injections.

Great post! I'm hoping the longer we are from the start of vaccinations and the better the results and fewer adverse effects, more people will be vaccinated. But, I'm not holding my breath with the anti-vaxers

Old 04-28-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
I made my choice too as I take care of elderly mother and disabled brother at risk...big weight off of my shoulders having them (and myself) fully vaccinated!!

An educated and informed decision. Excellent!

Old 04-28-2021, 01:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,806,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Regarding vaccine hesitancy: Sometimes people for whom the system is working trust the system more. Maybe that explains why they trust the vaccine. The 'uneducated' have less reason to trust a system that seems to them corrupt and self-serving, thus they wonder about the safety of the vaccine. After all, who did the Covid mitigation measures protect? Certainly NOT the grocery workers, farm workers, bus drivers or small businesses. They protected the laptop class, and funneled money into the hands of Bezos, etc. Big Pharma doesn't exactly have a good track record with the poor, given how the opioid epidemic has decimated their towns and cities.

Perhaps Black Americans are more trusting now at this point in history. Despite the past, it seems like the major power players (business, media, government) have aligned in favor of BLM and other causes. So at the moment, they perceive the system as on their side. Not so for many others out there who have been driven into illness, poverty, and despair by those in charge.
I think there is a lot of truth in this. Good post.

Old 04-28-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The only debate here in this thread is about the definition of "education".

The non-educated do what they're told and have leaped into the middle of the stampede toward the vaccine. The educated understand that there is good reason to be very cautious and that many have been harmed or killed by this experimental vaccine that they did not need or stand to benefit from.

If you would have read the original article you would know that educated people have a much higher rate of vaccination

This is a discussion regarding college educated people having a higher vaccination rate vs non- college educated

Nothing to do with smart vs stupid or doing what you are told vs being "very cautious and that many have been harmed or killed by this experimental vaccine that they did not need or stand to benefit from"

Old 04-28-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I would bet the almost all the people who refuse to get vaccinated on the grounds it is a risk take plenty of drugs, supplements, and even foods which have had less testing and are proven more dangerous. If these people drive or walk down the street they are taking a bigger risk. If they take Tylenol or cold medicine they are taking a bigger risk. Most "natural" supplements are more dangerous and have less testing than any of these vaccines. NSAID's like Ibuprofen cause stomach bleeding.

Amen, just amble over to the Health and Wellness, Alternative Medicine to see what that is like.

Old 04-28-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It's rather interesting how you guys so blissfully dismiss some mysterious deaths that occurred in healthy individuals right after the vaccines. We should apply the same standard to Covid deaths.

There are "mysterious deaths" every day that have nothing to do with COVID19, it's variants and vaccines

Old 04-28-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Yup. Even the VP said she wouldn't get it! There was some HEAVY skepticism of the vax back then!

How soon we forget.

That was political, it was about President Trump's vaccines (which, BTW, this administration has never acknowledged) nothing to do with her education, or lack there of!

Old 04-28-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Yes, all my friends who worked in drs, offices were sad when the drug reps stop bringing in lunch.

No longer happens. That's illegal.

No pens, no note pads, nada, zilch, nothing

Old 04-28-2021, 02:10 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,760,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think there is a lot of truth in this. Good post.
Indeed it is....and I wonder how many understand her meaning of 'uneducated' in quotes.

My grandmother often used the term "educated fool". I don't hear it as much these days as in her day 50-60 years ago, but we are surrounded by them today in concentrations 10 times - hell....50 times - what it was in 1965. Today's proliferation of college indoctrinated fools trained to listen, obey, and never think at all is why we're in the mess we're in.

The last place to search for education today is on a college campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies