Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 07:50 PM

20,933 posts, read 9,632,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I don't think that's the case. I think dump people preach and tell others not to get vaccinated

It's not a case of smart vs dumb. I know al lot of non college educated people that are smart as hell. And, a lot of college educated people that are dumb as a bag of rocks

But college teaches you where to find information
Maybe it's more a case of, educated people harbor greater trust than less educated people.

And that would include greater trust of medical institutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 07:51 PM

7,178 posts, read 4,770,892 times
Blacks and minorities are least educated. What’s the surprise.

As of April 19, 2021, CDC reported that race/ethnicity was known for just over half (55%) of people who had received at least one dose of the vaccine. Among this group, nearly two thirds were White (64%), 12% were Hispanic, 9% were Black, 5% were Asian, 1% were American Indian or Alaska Native, and <1% were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, while 9% reported multiple or other race.

Old 04-27-2021, 07:51 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,437,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
And who influences what is taught in medical schools...?? Big Pharma. You've been played.
So obviously we shouldnt go to drs for medical advice in your world.......

Old 04-27-2021, 09:14 PM

4,187 posts, read 4,907,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So obviously we shouldnt go to drs for medical advice in your world.......
You can do as you wish....as will I.

Old 04-27-2021, 09:27 PM

4,187 posts, read 4,907,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How?
This is an older article, but one of many: Is Drug-Company Money Tainting Medical Education? - TIME

I'm sure you are well aware of the huge influence big pharma has on medical professionals and their education.

Old 04-27-2021, 09:42 PM

37,235 posts, read 41,460,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
This is an older article, but one of many: Is Drug-Company Money Tainting Medical Education? - TIME

I'm sure you are well aware of the huge influence big pharma has on medical professionals and their education.
From your link:

"Whether or not the companies are trying to curry favor, they're also building labs and bankrolling scholarships — something that becomes increasingly important as the deteriorating economy causes philanthropic giving to dry up. No one disagrees that isolating academia from the industry may be ideal, but even many academics concede that the cooperation yields more good than harm."

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-...gifts-industry

"Most if not all physicians have some sort of a relationship with industry. Physicians and industry work together and share information that drives innovation and creates better patient outcomes. Still, in working with for-profit entities a physician’s priorities and obligations—to their patients—can conflict with those of a company.

Gifts from industry can become problematic when there is an implicit or explicit ask attached to them. They can subtly, or not so subtly, encourage the physician to prescribe or recommend the company’s products, and that may not always be in a patient’s best interest.

For that reason, the AMA Code of Medical Ethics states that physicians should:
  • "Decline cash gifts in any amount from an entity that has a direct interest in physicians’ treatment recommendations.
  • Decline any gifts for which reciprocity is expected or implied.
  • Accept an in-kind gift for the physician’s practice only when the gift will directly benefit patients, including patient education, and is of minimal value."

Old 04-27-2021, 09:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,715,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Smart people want the vaccine.
Dumb people don't want the vaccine.

Makes perfect sense.
I was on the fence about the covid vaccines, until I smartly realized the canaries in the coal mine aren't dropping dead, meaning the first human test subjects for the vaccines from a year ago. Now I'm fully immunized from covid and had nothing but a sore arm for several days from both injections.

Old 04-27-2021, 09:51 PM

795 posts, read 411,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
This...my brother and I finally got our second Moderna shots today (America is lucky to have such easy access to covid vaccines)...feel fine other than sore shoulders...looking forward to getting back to normal and freedom from fear!
That was your choice. I’ve been back to normal and free from fear of the China Virus since about last April. Been living and enjoying my life all year. No mask, no vaccine, no distancing, hanging with friends and family and living my life. You should stop listening to the media fear mongering.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,715,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
I’ve been back to normal and free from fear of the China Virus since about last April. Been living and enjoying my life all year. No mask, no vaccine, no distancing, hanging with friends and family and living my life. You should stop listening to the media fear mongering.
Then explain why the CEO of my local hospital said in January that the huge onslaught of covid patients needing to check into the hospital was far worse to handle then even during the worst year with the flu? Sometimes people very sick with covid had to wait in the emergency room for a hospital bed in the covid ward to become available.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:30 PM

795 posts, read 411,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then explain why the CEO of my local hospital said in January that the huge onslaught of covid patients needing to check into the hospital was far worse to handle then even during the worst year with the flu? Sometimes people very sick with covid had to wait in the emergency room for a hospital bed in the covid ward to become available.
Cause they got money for every death they marked down to the Rona. The people I know that got it never even saw a hospital. They stayed home for a few days. They were tired, couldn’t taste or smell for a few days, but that was it. Recovered just fine and were back to normal in no time. The death count has been over exaggerated and in the grand scheme of things has been pretty insignificant. The people that catch it have a very high rate of survival and those of us in good health have even less to worry about. Again, I’ve been out enjoying and living my life for the last year. I never caught the sniffles from the wuhan flu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies