Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 06:12 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Not to single you out, but it sure didn't take long for the Uncle Tom insinuations to rear their ugly heads. It is too disgusting for words. A black man who is a conservative does not agree with the liberal agenda and here come the critics.
On CBS (or wherever it was) with Savanah Guthrie and Lester Holt, they were commenting on (what they said) was the fact that Tim Scott is never really out in the public eye on anything else for republicans (which I think is a lie) which I kind of took to mean they thought he was a 'token' black man speaking for the conservative side.

We are never going to rise above this, are we? Nothing we do is ever going to be enough, is it?
Savanah Guthrie and Lester Holt are on NBC, and they are the reason we never hear from Tim Scott except on this issue. They could focus on him more if they wanted. He’s usually outspoken about police reform because he wrote the bill and has been trying to get it passed for years. It’s his mission to reform police because he cares about the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 06:50 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
What did I miss? Watched NBA game and went to bed.

Did Joe solve all of the world's problems without even trying?

Old 04-29-2021, 07:18 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I like Tim Scott.

He's not a potato.
My husband met him a couple of years ago and said he's wonderful.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:26 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I just woke up. What did I miss?
You say you just woke up, does that mean you are now a Republican....??

Old 04-29-2021, 08:32 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I agree with this. He pushed this “systemic racism” false narrative and spoke about how America “has its knee on the neck of black America.” And after doubling down on pushing the racial divide, he ends he speech about unifying the country.
That's a misquote. Was it deliberate?

"We have all seen the knee of injustice on the neck of black Americans".

It's not America that has its knee of their necks, it is injustice.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:39 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Usurper Joe talked about imaginary problems... systemic racism and Covid( real but greatly exaggerated with little to no truth or understanding by the " experts".
Then he talked about problems he and his bosses helped create... belief in systemic racism, Covid, violence and the rich making out like bandits during Covid. Terrorism... He's friendly with Iran so wants us out of Iraq.
Then blamed us for these problems. We don't take Covid seriously enough and don't listen to the " experts". We're racists, we are too violent and can't be trusted with guns. The government trips the country up and sets it going backward then can be relied on to lead us forward. A doddering senile old perv is going to lead us to a great new America.
Not likely.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Facts got Trump "off" from the base political games of the Democrats. As you know.
What facts? Trump's defense hardly put any up.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:53 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Massive Spending
Massive taxes
Massive regulation
The end of freedom
\

I saw it as the American people could actually get a value for their paid taxes in the form of improved roads, bridges, broad band, mass transportation, national parks, safe drinking water, .etc..

You know, those things that define first word countries.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:53 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
What did I miss? Watched NBA game and went to bed.

Did Joe solve all of the world's problems without even trying?
Old Joe is the worlds problem. His resignation is the solution...

Old 04-29-2021, 08:54 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,043,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
\

I saw it as the American people could actually get a value for their paid taxes in the form of improved roads, bridges, broad band, mass transportation, national parks, safe drinking water, .etc..

You know, those things that define first word countries.

I heard it reported that very little of the tax revenue would go to improved infrastructure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies