Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 05:40 AM

9,462 posts, read 5,225,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I agree with this. He pushed this “systemic racism” false narrative and spoke about how America “has its knee on the neck of black America.” And after doubling down on pushing the racial divide, he ends he speech about unifying the country.
Yea, nothing says 'unity' like that comment.
I guess if you ask yourself who is benefiting from the continuation of this disgusting narrative, the answer is clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 05:42 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Not to single you out, but it sure didn't take long for the Uncle Tom insinuations to rear their ugly heads. It is too disgusting for words. A black man who is a conservative does not agree with the liberal agenda and here come the critics.
On CBS (or wherever it was) with Savanah Guthrie and Lester Holt, they were commenting on (what they said) was the fact that Tim Scott is never really out in the public eye on anything else for republicans (which I think is a lie) which I kind of took to mean they thought he was a 'token' black man speaking for the conservative side.

We are never going to rise above this, are we? Nothing we do is ever going to be enough, is it?
That's just politics. Millions more don't feel that way and respect the other person irregardless of skin color.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Tim Scott was like a breath of fresh air after Biden. Like watching a robot monotone zombie first, and then an authentic skilled speaker using unifying words, who obviously respects America and sees a country of good people, not losers, victims and racists. Tim Scott will be attacked. He’s a star.
It didn't take long for the Uncle Tom insinuations......even here on CD.....

Old 04-29-2021, 05:43 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Yea, nothing says 'unity' like that comment.
I guess if you ask yourself who is benefiting from the continuation of this disgusting narrative, the answer is clear.
It's shameful but not at all unexpected.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Tim Scott silly speech was full of lies and you right wingers know it. A continuing problem with the chaotic mess left by Trump and his lunatic followers.

Biden gave a great speech, a truly dignified patriotic American President. One who has the working class people best interests and not a self centered lackey as the previous one was.
Delusional! table for 70 million.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
That's just politics. Millions more don't feel that way and respect the other person irregardless of skin color.
"Just politics" is a completely unacceptable 'excuse' for the continuation of this disgusting narrative. Liberals keep propogating it.....whenever they get a chance to do so.
I understand that millions don't feel that way, of course, but that is not what you hear.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:04 AM

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Joe has no idea about guns. Zero. Zilch.
Couldn't agree more.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
If you are an abuser you should not be able to have a gun.

Gun violence has become an epidemic

A ban on high capacity weapons

It is time for congress to act

No amendment to the constitution is absolute you can’t yell fire in a theater.
I agree on the first one, that is about it.

Suicide and inner city violence is an epidemic.

Not sure what a high capacity weapon is.

How is Congress going to end the inner city violence that is the true epidemic ?

Old 04-29-2021, 06:09 AM

Quote:
I would really like to see alot more of Tim Scott. Great response to the speech.
I agree. He appears to be very centered and speaks the truth.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
He also thinks people stocking shelves are all black women. Amazing how leftists are exaggerating racism, and then downplaying how racist their president actually is.
So true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies