Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 08:20 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
High ratings wasn't the goal. This is politics, not a season premier of a TV show.
Low ratings indicates the vast number of Americans who have no interest, no faith and no trust in what The China Puppet has to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 08:20 PM

163 posts, read 55,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
High ratings wasn't the goal. This is politics, not a season premier of a TV show.
You're talking to people who voted for a guy whose greatest accomplishment was starring on a reality TV show.

Trump is like that car wreck you drive by on the highway. You can't help but watch. His "ratings" were in no way shape or form reflective of his popularity, and certainly not reflective of his job performance. He is the worst president of the last 100 years. I thought it would be hard for anyone to beat GW Bush AND Nixon (both Republicans by the way)...but Trump managed to do it in only one term.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:23 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,441 times
People were not interested in what this president had to say.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:25 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting.....

Joe Biden's address to congress was a ratings DISASTER

Early numbers show only 11.6 million people tuned into Biden's speech to Congress on Wednesday night, way down from similar speeches by ex-president Trump.

In fact, then new president Trump's first speech to Congress on April 30 2017 drew around 48 million viewers, and, although not all the numbers are in yet for Biden's speech
Even according to vociferously pro-Biden Deadline, it was admitted that "Biden’s first address to a sparse Congress was one of the least watched in recent history."

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...tings-disaster
Biden is an idiot.....he does the bidding for whom his name may not be mentioned....who learned his game from the Nazis.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:25 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post
You're talking to people who voted for a guy whose greatest accomplishment was starring on a reality TV show.

That's one more accomplishment than the actual worst president, BO.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:30 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,606,242 times
I can only watch any presidential speech for so long before I change the channel out of boredom. I listened to President Joe's speech for about 35 minutes, I think.

For how many years has he been doing the whispery grandfather tone, or is that new? (I confess to not having followed his speeches very closely before the end of the presidential campaign). Sometimes it's effective, sometimes it seems affected.

I am very pleased at the President's effort to get Americans vaccinated; though I don't think enough of us have had the shot. Yet.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:42 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times
It was obscenely creepy watching an old white guy talking with no mask, standing in front of two women who sat there with covered up faces like morons, listening to the plans they’ve all made to destroy America and Americans, gut the middle class, and put Americans last. But don’t worry. He’s “got the back” of gays and trans.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:47 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting.....

Joe Biden's address to congress was a ratings DISASTER

Early numbers show only 11.6 million people tuned into Biden's speech to Congress on Wednesday night, way down from similar speeches by ex-president Trump.

In fact, then new president Trump's first speech to Congress on April 30 2017 drew around 48 million viewers, and, although not all the numbers are in yet for Biden's speech
Even according to vociferously pro-Biden Deadline, it was admitted that "Biden’s first address to a sparse Congress was one of the least watched in recent history."

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...tings-disaster

I had no interest in listening to the Great Divider spew radical democrat plans to destroy America and freedom.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:49 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I can only watch any presidential speech for so long before I change the channel out of boredom. I listened to President Joe's speech for about 35 minutes, I think.

For how many years has he been doing the whispery grandfather tone, or is that new? (I confess to not having followed his speeches very closely before the end of the presidential campaign). Sometimes it's effective, sometimes it seems affected.

I am very pleased at the President's effort to get Americans vaccinated; though I don't think enough of us have had the shot. Yet.

Remember every shot going into the Arms of the American people was contracted for by Trump early in the pandemic.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:50 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post

Trump is like that car wreck you drive by on the highway. You can't help but watch. His "ratings" were in no way shape or form reflective of his popularity, and certainly not reflective of his job performance. He is the worst president of the last 100 years. I thought it would be hard for anyone to beat GW Bush AND Nixon (both Republicans by the way)...but Trump managed to do it in only one term.

Hmm...I thought his greatest accomplishments were the successful business ventures all over the world, the billions in assets, the jet with his name on it and the series of trophy wives.

The TV series came along because he did all that other **** first.

FTR, what type of jet do you own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies