Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 12:48 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,122,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
There is a good percentage of people who either enjoy, or have benefitted from, this whole lockdown charade and wish for it to continue indefinitely.
This.

I know a lot of people who were commuting to the office 1-2 hours each way before Covid. Now, they don't want to return to the office. During the weekends they're off at restaurants, hanging out with groups of friends, but if the boss asks them to come back to the office they'll feign fear.

Then there is a second group. We have the very old, the very ugly, and the very antisocial. People who stay home anyways, don't socialize, and they kind of like that now their behavior is rewarded as 'responsible.'

People who are social people, like people etc, will find these restrictions most difficult. The young, especially. It's so incredibly selfish that adults are demanding their young forgo school, parties, socializing because of this joke of a virus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2021, 01:13 AM

473 posts, read 237,707 times
I see Persons driving their cars with their masks on and they are the only ones in the car, lol. Who are they going to give the virus to the Car? The car is going to give them the virus? lol again.

Old 05-05-2021, 04:26 AM

7,430 posts, read 3,572,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Can you name one in this forum so we can ask them if what you're saying is true? There are lots of references made about people who want the lockdowns to go on forever or want masks to be forever, but strangely nobody is ever able to produce one of these white whales. Personally I've never encountered anyone who wanted the lockdowns to go on indefinitely, so I'd be interested to see on.

If it is a "good percentage" it should be easy right?
I do not know anyone on this forum personally, but I happen to have quite a few co-workers who feel this way and are quite happy with being "safe". In fact, in New Jersey, many people feel this way. Just yesterday I observed a slow moving car with a young lady in her mid 20s driving at 10 and 2 with two masks on and gloves all by herself. Liberals tend to be very very emotional, so being extra cautious and extra aware just goes with the territory. They are glued to Media outlets such as CNN and MSNBC which tend to sensationalize things. Already held opinions. Even our governor has implied many times in his daily briefings that if you get covid you will die. Also no one can ever tell you what the end game is. There will always be a new variant or something new to be afraid of.

Old 05-05-2021, 04:29 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,997,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
And liberals don’t suffer more from mental health issues.....yea right

The Liberals Who Can’t Quit Lockdown

Progressive communities have been home to some of the fiercest battles over COVID-19 policies, and some liberal policy makers have left scientific evidence behind.

In surveys, Democrats express more worry about the pandemic than Republicans do. People who describe themselves as “very liberal” are distinctly anxious. This spring, after the vaccine rollout had started, a third of very liberal people were “very concerned” about becoming seriously ill from COVID-19, compared with a quarter of both liberals and moderates, according to a study conducted by the University of North Carolina political scientist Marc Hetherington. And 43 percent of very liberal respondents believed that getting the coronavirus would have a “very bad” effect on their life, compared with a third of liberals and moderates.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ckdown/618780/
Wow, The Atlantic actually called out the fact that liberals/progressives are authoritarian control freaks?

I'll give them props on that.

Once in a while the blind squirrel finds its nut.

Old 05-05-2021, 04:36 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,586,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I do not know anyone on this forum personally, but I happen to have quite a few co-workers who feel this way and are quite happy with being "safe". In fact, in New Jersey, many people feel this way. Just yesterday I observed a slow moving car with a young lady in her mid 20s driving at 10 and 2 with two masks on and gloves all by herself. Liberals tend to be very very emotional, so being extra cautious and extra aware just goes with the territory. They are glued to Media outlets such as CNN and MSNBC which tend to sensationalize things. Already held opinions. Even our governor has implied many times in his daily briefings that if you get covid you will die. Also no one can ever tell you what the end game is. There will always be a new variant or something new to be afraid of.
Did she have some letter on her chest or something that labeled her as a liberal? Or did your spidey senses tell you that?

Old 05-05-2021, 05:07 AM

7,430 posts, read 3,572,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Did she have some letter on her chest or something that labeled her as a liberal? Or did your spidey senses tell you that?
The two masks and gloves pretty much gave her away. I can also go out on a limb here and say that she probably doesn't like jokes about the male anatomy either.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:11 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,147,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've personally known people who have been hospitalized for months on a ventilator and who have died or gotten long haulers from this virus. Not wanting that to happen to you or someone you love is not a mental health issue. Ignoring the deadliness of a pandemic like Covid is though.
And my 94 year old uncle with advanced Alzheimer's survived it.

I'm sorry for your loss, but don't project your fears onto the rest of society through bad policy.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:13 AM

6,167 posts, read 3,388,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Can you name one in this forum so we can ask them if what you're saying is true? There are lots of references made about people who want the lockdowns to go on forever or want masks to be forever, but strangely nobody is ever able to produce one of these white whales. Personally I've never encountered anyone who wanted the lockdowns to go on indefinitely, so I'd be interested to see on.

If it is a "good percentage" it should be easy right?
If you are having trouble believing my initial post, even though it’s blatantly obvious what is going on, nothing I can add would actually change your mind, so I’m not even going to try.

Believe what you want to believe.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:33 AM

6,057 posts, read 3,780,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've personally known people who have been hospitalized for months on a ventilator and who have died or gotten long haulers from this virus. Not wanting that to happen to you or someone you love is not a mental health issue. Ignoring the deadliness of a pandemic like Covid is though.
I don't know what your individual risk factor is for Covid since it varies widely from one individual to the next, but if you're going to do some serious worrying about everything that has about 1 in 1,000 chance of harming or killing you if you should happen to have a close encounter with it, then you're going to spend a LOT of your life worrying.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:48 AM

34,257 posts, read 18,631,541 times
Progressives (Marxists) are cowards and need big Government to take care of them. They are the enemy of rights, freedom and liberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies