Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 06:25 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Progressives (Marxists) are cowards and need big Government to take care of them. They are the enemy of rights, freedom and liberty.
I wouldn’t brand all liberals cowards, just that the “pandemic “. Has brought out anxiety issues in a lot of people thanks to the media. I remember how disheartening it was this time last year. I feel sorry for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2021, 06:27 AM

610 posts, read 264,202 times
This is not my experience at all with the hardcore liberals I know. Instead they have the date circled on their calendar of 2 weeks post-2nd dose and the moment that day hits its back to normal. Not that this is a bad thing and frankly is how it should be if the vaccines are as effective as advertised.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:33 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Whitmer, fauci, newsom are 3 that come to mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I do not know anyone on this forum personally, but I happen to have quite a few co-workers who feel this way and are quite happy with being "safe". In fact, in New Jersey, many people feel this way. Just yesterday I observed a slow moving car with a young lady in her mid 20s driving at 10 and 2 with two masks on and gloves all by herself. Liberals tend to be very very emotional, so being extra cautious and extra aware just goes with the territory. They are glued to Media outlets such as CNN and MSNBC which tend to sensationalize things. Already held opinions. Even our governor has implied many times in his daily briefings that if you get covid you will die. Also no one can ever tell you what the end game is. There will always be a new variant or something new to be afraid of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
If you are having trouble believing my initial post, even though it’s blatantly obvious what is going on, nothing I can add would actually change your mind, so I’m not even going to try.

Believe what you want to believe.
Okay I requested to know the name of someone in this forum who wants to be on lockdown indefinitely as we can ask them if that is truly their preference. It should have been easy since we've seen terms like "a large percentage" thrown around. Three pages in and what have I got?

1. Whitmer, Fauci, etc. obviously we can't ask them and anyone can make up any opinion they want and assign it to them. No good.

2. Can't name anybody on this forum of hundreds of people but miraculously some mysterious coworkers. Yeah, okay.

3. A total punt by WK91, instead of simply naming the poster among the "large percentage" he believes it is obvious enough to him.

In other words, this thread is kind of BS, ain't it?

Old 05-05-2021, 06:36 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Well if liberals are going to stay home then it's up to you conservatives to stay unvaccinated and get this virus spread around.

We are within about 80K of breaking the American pandemic death record. It would be a waste of deaths to come this far and fall short at the end.

But I guess the silver lining is that if we fail it would be one more thing we could blame on the liberals

Old 05-05-2021, 06:43 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Sounds familiar

"But this is a different story, about progressives who stressed the scientific evidence, and then veered away from it."

Old 05-05-2021, 06:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Whitmer, fauci, newsom are 3 that come to mind...
So I went to the State of Michigan site to see what restrictions are in place.

Found this:

MDHHS updates epidemic order and lifts mask requirements for outdoor gatherings of under 100 people
Public health protocols relaxed for outdoor activities as more Michiganders get vaccinated with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine

Latest quote from Fauci: “I’ll guarantee you ... that as the level of infection gets down, and we can get it down more and more by continuing this successful vaccine effort, you will see more liberal guidelines,” Fauci said, teasing another round of changes to the CDC’s guidelines.

And latest Newsom quote: "We are seeing bright light at the end of the tunnel," Newsom said at a news conference. "And on June 15, all things being equal and we continue that good work, we'll have moved beyond that blueprint and we'll be opening up this economy at business as usual."

All these seem to indicate a more positive outlook than being suggested by conservative pundits to their fans.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:57 AM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Shores View Post
I see Persons driving their cars with their masks on and they are the only ones in the car, lol. Who are they going to give the virus to the Car? The car is going to give them the virus? lol again.
One more time. We are all different.

I will pull my mask down in the car but do not remove if going to several close together places. I have unruly hair, glasses, and hearing aides. Getting that mask on and off is a PITA.

I wear a N95 that goes around the neck because I cannot use a behind the ear due to glasses and aides. We have tried every kind of strap, tie etc. Nothing works. They all slip off my head. I have tried holding it on with combs, clips and bobby pins. So when it's on, it stays put until I leave the last stop.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Shores View Post
I see Persons driving their cars with their masks on and they are the only ones in the car, lol. Who are they going to give the virus to the Car? The car is going to give them the virus? lol again.
What does it matter......it doesn't impact you at all.

I rip my mask off as I'm leaving the grocery store but I don't care if someone keeps theirs on.

It just doesn't matter.

Sometimes it is a laziness -- so what.

Old 05-05-2021, 07:04 AM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
The two masks and gloves pretty much gave her away. I can also go out on a limb here and say that she probably doesn't like jokes about the male anatomy either.
Those pleated blue masks are good for many reason, but one size does not fit all.

That and a fitted fabric mask may be better coverage for people who are being exposed to a hundred unmasked people a day.

Some people have to work among the unknown.

You have no clue who they live with. Perhaps they are protecting a dad on dialysis, had a stoke, and a pacemaker.

Old 05-05-2021, 07:07 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So I went to the State of Michigan site to see what restrictions are in place.

Found this:

MDHHS updates epidemic order and lifts mask requirements for outdoor gatherings of under 100 people
Public health protocols relaxed for outdoor activities as more Michiganders get vaccinated with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine

Latest quote from Fauci: “I’ll guarantee you ... that as the level of infection gets down, and we can get it down more and more by continuing this successful vaccine effort, you will see more liberal guidelines,” Fauci said, teasing another round of changes to the CDC’s guidelines.

And latest Newsom quote: "We are seeing bright light at the end of the tunnel," Newsom said at a news conference. "And on June 15, all things being equal and we continue that good work, we'll have moved beyond that blueprint and we'll be opening up this economy at business as usual."

All these seem to indicate a more positive outlook than being suggested by conservative pundits to their fans.
This is totally subjective. It already is down. Why can't he give some concrete numbers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies