Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 04:48 PM

2,082 posts, read 924,748 times

Advertisements

And liberals don’t suffer more from mental health issues.....yea right

The Liberals Who Can’t Quit Lockdown

Progressive communities have been home to some of the fiercest battles over COVID-19 policies, and some liberal policy makers have left scientific evidence behind.

In surveys, Democrats express more worry about the pandemic than Republicans do. People who describe themselves as “very liberal” are distinctly anxious. This spring, after the vaccine rollout had started, a third of very liberal people were “very concerned” about becoming seriously ill from COVID-19, compared with a quarter of both liberals and moderates, according to a study conducted by the University of North Carolina political scientist Marc Hetherington. And 43 percent of very liberal respondents believed that getting the coronavirus would have a “very bad” effect on their life, compared with a third of liberals and moderates.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ckdown/618780/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 04:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Liberals are honest Marxists.

GQPers are simply in the closet over their love of Das Kapital.

You both want government mandates imposed on us...just differ on what kind and how to go about it.

As always, count me out on both mindsets which in reality are the same mindset - slavery.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:54 PM

4,391 posts, read 1,699,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Good well let them stay in thier lockdowns and let the rest of us go about things as usual!!
Maybe you guys can go out and fill all those factory jobs that are going unfilled so Amazon can keep making contactless grocery deliveries to my home.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:56 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
And liberals don’t suffer more from mental health issues.....yea right

The Liberals Who Can’t Quit Lockdown

Progressive communities have been home to some of the fiercest battles over COVID-19 policies, and some liberal policy makers have left scientific evidence behind.

In surveys, Democrats express more worry about the pandemic than Republicans do. People who describe themselves as “very liberal” are distinctly anxious. This spring, after the vaccine rollout had started, a third of very liberal people were “very concerned” about becoming seriously ill from COVID-19, compared with a quarter of both liberals and moderates, according to a study conducted by the University of North Carolina political scientist Marc Hetherington. And 43 percent of very liberal respondents believed that getting the coronavirus would have a “very bad” effect on their life, compared with a third of liberals and moderates.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ckdown/618780/
I've personally known people who have been hospitalized for months on a ventilator and who have died or gotten long haulers from this virus. Not wanting that to happen to you or someone you love is not a mental health issue. Ignoring the deadliness of a pandemic like Covid is though.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:57 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Good well let them stay in thier lockdowns and let the rest of us go about things as usual!!
I thought that’s what we’ve been doing.

At least I have. The only concession I made was wearing a mask and with summer around the corner I’m thinking of ditching it altogether. I’m vaccinated.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:58 PM

2,082 posts, read 924,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've personally known people who have been hospitalized for months on a ventilator and who have died or gotten long haulers from this virus. Not wanting that to happen to you or someone you love is not a mental health issue. Ignoring the deadliness of a pandemic like Covid is though.
Please don’t kill the messenger

Old 05-04-2021, 05:23 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I know people like that also. The 'long haulers' are people with post viral syndrome, and the person I know has heart damage. It's just that a certain class of society (white collar workers) has been able to sequester while another class (working class) has stocked the grocery shelves, farmed the food, and policed the protests. Being able to stay home had the veneer of civic duty, but they did it on the backs of poorer people. A lot of Amazon warehouse workers had to be exposed to Covid so the laptop class could have their creature comforts. The less fortunate either had to work, or had their only source of income shut down by the government. It's been made into a clear cut issue of slowing the spread, but it really wasn't so clear cut. Now that the vaccine is here, the extreme safetyism that I see is coming mostly from progressives.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:27 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,347,968 times
There is a good percentage of people who either enjoy, or have benefitted from, this whole lockdown charade and wish for it to continue indefinitely.

People who hated their commute, love working from home.
Teachers who liked teaching, but hated dealing with unruly young people, love working from home.
People who hated their crime infested city, and have moved out to the country where it is safe, love working from home,
People who loved their city, but hated the tourists who infested their area, love that their city is free from tourists.

I could keep going, but you get the point.

Of course, there’s also a good percentage of people who hate the lockdowns and hate what their job has become. But no worries, there are hundreds of thousands of Central Americans on the way to do the slave labor that people who work from home want done. Just keep the food and products coming to their doorstep.

Society has been remade. We are never going back to what it used to be.

Thes best we can hope for is that most of society returns.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:14 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
There is a good percentage of people who either enjoy, or have benefitted from, this whole lockdown charade and wish for it to continue indefinitely.
Can you name one in this forum so we can ask them if what you're saying is true? There are lots of references made about people who want the lockdowns to go on forever or want masks to be forever, but strangely nobody is ever able to produce one of these white whales. Personally I've never encountered anyone who wanted the lockdowns to go on indefinitely, so I'd be interested to see on.

If it is a "good percentage" it should be easy right?

Old 05-04-2021, 11:55 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Can you name one in this forum so we can ask them if what you're saying is true? There are lots of references made about people who want the lockdowns to go on forever or want masks to be forever, but strangely nobody is ever able to produce one of these white whales. Personally I've never encountered anyone who wanted the lockdowns to go on indefinitely, so I'd be interested to see on.

If it is a "good percentage" it should be easy right?
Whitmer, fauci, newsom are 3 that come to mind...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies