Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2021, 08:20 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,973,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
It's the access to firearms.

Only in America would that question be asked un-ironically.
If not guns then something else. Maybe not now, but later. Many murderers used to be bullied as children. Richard Kuklinski, and Roy DeMeo come to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If they can have classes about sex, why NOT?
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Kinda like prisons in civilized countries. Remember when guns being ubiquitous were supposed to prevent a police state?
American schools as they are, already pretty much like prisons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 08:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,907,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
No mention of race of shooter. You know what that means(sarcasm). MSM covering it up. BLM/Antifa on the way.
It's a white girl. Happy now?

Old 05-08-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
A 14-year-old boy in North Carolina protected himself and his grandmother when an intruder broke into their home in December 2014. The boy’s father had been killed in 2008 by a robbery homicide, but when a man tried to break into the house this time, the boy grabbed his grandparents’ shotgun and fatally shot the home invader three times. “I said who is it and he wouldn’t stop,” the teen can be heard saying on the 9-1-1 call. ““He broke my grandma’s window so I shot three times.”
The house had been robbed twice in the previous month.
“What would have happened if he wasn’t there?” the boy’s grandmother told WBTV."

An 11-year-old girl in Lapeer County, Mich. was home alone in January of last year when two intruders broke into her home. The girl hid in the closet and took her shotgun with her, MLive reports. When the criminals opened the closet door, all she had to do was point the shotgun straight ahead. The suspects fled and the girl was unharmed. Police arrested a man and a woman later that day."

"A 15-year-old boy in Butler County, Ohio used his firearm to help stop a criminal on the loose in October 2014. Police had arrested a burglar, but the criminal escaped and broke into the house of the 15-year-old boy, who was home alone. The boy noticed the intruder had a knife on him, but he grabbed a gun, pointed it at the criminal, and ordered him to leave. The man fled only to caught by police just outside the home.
[dcquiz] “I feel pretty good about it that I could have saved other people’s houses and their property,” the teen told 14News."
https://dailycaller.com/2016/01/08/f...ks-using-guns/

Many anti-gun nuts on here seem to rather have these kids killed by intruders then to protect themselves and families.
How do you fatally shoot someone three times?

A cat burglar?

How many kids killed other kids or themselves with guns?

Last edited by whogo; 05-08-2021 at 09:09 PM..

Old 05-09-2021, 05:56 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Your last sentence is an example of a false dilemma. All human beings tend to simplify reality although this tendency is not necessarily helpful if the goal is problem solving.

To clarify, to suggest that some people would seemingly prefer to have "kids killed by intruders rather than to protect themselves & their families" is unreasonable.
Thank you DR. Phil!!!!!!!

If what I say is over your head, don't read and DON'T reply.

But then again "some don't mind making fools of themselves", someone said.

Old 05-09-2021, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You missed the point...

This is your post

You were not referring to sex itself but you referred to "classes about sex".

I wasn't arguing whether sex itself was an act or not. I am arguing that sex ed classes is not an act. The post was comparing CCW, which is "act" of carrying a weapon, to sex education which is a "class" not an "act". Its education over a specific topic. They are not comparable.

What is comparable is gun safety/proficiency classes vs sex educational classes. I then argued that even gun safety/proficiency classes itself (not the act of carrying/handling) would not have prevented such a tragic event as this. I then argued that the act of students carrying a weapon to class is as non conducive to a learning environment as the act of having sex in class.
Thank ypu for telling ME what I was thinking. I would never have known!!!!

Old 05-09-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
3 anecdotes over 12 years, anything from last year.
What's the matter, you don't know how to look things up?

Old 05-09-2021, 07:02 AM

73 children were accidentally killed by gunfire in 2018 alone.

That's more deaths in one year than children who have been killed by hummingbirds in the history of Western Civilization.

Old 05-09-2021, 08:05 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,932,900 times
Quote:
Thank you DR. Phil!!!!!!!

If what I say is over your head, don't read and DON'T reply.

But then again "some don't mind making fools of themselves", someone said.
Alright, I don't mind making a fool of myself. After all, what do I know?

Old 05-09-2021, 08:54 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,404,947 times
Try her as an adult and seek the death penalty. Alternatively let her loose with out bail. Those are the only two ways to play it.

Old 05-09-2021, 09:04 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,019,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Try her as an adult and seek the death penalty. Alternatively let her loose with out bail. Those are the only two ways to play it.
You can't seek the DP!.........it's for people who have killed people and she didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies