Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2021, 03:43 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I get a kick out of how marksmanship is an excellent method for teaching anger management. The ability to calm the body, clear the mind so to put rounds on target..................
Sorta like Yoga and transcendental meditation???? Just funnn'n with ya.

I fully understand the family experience of recreational/sport shooting. I got my first .22 when I was twelve years old and was taught by my veteran father to carry, shoot, hunt safely in our bush on the farm in 1958. Those memories are priceless now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 03:46 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,029,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Sorta like Yoga and transcendental meditation???? Just funnn'n with ya.

I fully understand the family experience of recreational/sport shooting. I got my first .22 when I was twelve years old and was taught by my veteran father to carry, shoot, hunt safely in our bush on the farm in 1958. Those memories are priceless now.

.......3 years on JROTC rifle team in high school.......

Old 05-07-2021, 03:58 PM

2,828 posts, read 826,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This isn't the first time a child got hold of a gun and shot someone, happens all too frequently here.

I would propose tighter gun restrictions that would prevent such easy access to the point that something like this could happen. Yes it is rare but it's symbolic of our gun problem.

But while your at it did up some stats on kids bringing golf clubs to school for violent confrontations.
Tighter gun restrictions aren't the problem, they are already tight enough. The problem is irresponsible parents or the ghetto dweller with 12 cash cows/children and the criminal boyfriend leaving his gun lying around unsecured, and I will guarantee it(gun)is illegal. Responsible law abiding parents know better and secure their weapons. Background checks including mental health can only do so much but work for the most part. Illegal guns are the problem and are immune to background checks, but have fun trying to confiscate them all.

Old 05-07-2021, 03:58 PM

57,363 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
So you want to go to a society where only the rulers have guns?

Do you think you're smarter than Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, or Ben Franklin?

Do you think the American Indian would have liked to have firearms instead of having to steal them from the Europeans?

How about the Jews in Germany in the 1930s?

What kind of an ignorant person would you need to be to VOLUNTARILY wish for your government to disarm you?

YIKES!
Who said anything about banning all guns so only the military has them, other civilized countries don't have this issue.

Old 05-07-2021, 04:00 PM

2,828 posts, read 826,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
LIKE WHAT?

Please be SPECIFIC. What law could prevent all instances of this?

This happens what a couple dozen times per year in a country of 330 MILLION???

What could you possibly do to stop all bad things like this from happening?

Please let us know.
Well, stop the lame stream media from blowing it out of proportion or reporting it at all.

Old 05-07-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about banning all guns so only the military has them, other civilized countries don't have this issue.

Because some of them thought ahead and took the guns first. Ie,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...us_Australians

Old 05-07-2021, 04:04 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
.......3 years on JROTC rifle team in high school.......
Our new to us High School built in 1952 had a range in the crawlspace under the gymnasium. It was designed with a thick cement ceiling with deflector panels and a sand filled backstop. We fired our Lee Enfield #7 .22 training rifles in inter school competitions.

Back in those days most High Schools had cadet training with full military dress and kit (belts and gators) and were issued our rifle to maintain. We competed in every aspect from shooting to square bashing and dress parade. At the end of grade 11 we had to turn all of that kit back in.

That's all gone into the smoke of history now. The young are paying the price for that with complacency and sloth..

Last edited by BruSan; 05-07-2021 at 05:07 PM..

Old 05-07-2021, 04:28 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Our new to us High School built in 1952 had a range in the crawlspace under the gymnasium. It was designed with a thick cement ceiling with deflector panels and a sand filled backstop. We fired our Lee Enfield #7 .22 training rifles in inner school competitions.

Back in those days most High Schools had cadet training with full military dress and kit (belts and gators) and were issued our rifle to maintain. We competed in every aspect from shooting to square bashing and dress parade. At the end of grade 11 we had to turn all of that kit back in.

That's all gone into the smoke of history now. The young are paying the price for that with complacency and sloth..
And back in those days the focus of the NRA was safety, recreational issues.

I wonder if the NRA went old school it would help.

I know they still do some safety etc...but it isn't what it use to be from what I have read and heard.

Old 05-07-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And back in those days the focus of the NRA was safety, recreational issues.

I wonder if the NRA went old school it would help.

I know they still do some safety etc...but it isn't what it use to be from what I have read and heard.

Well, thank you Al Gore!

Old 05-07-2021, 04:32 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:

Three injured and no one killed?

This is why females have no place in infantry units!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liusEeP1QcE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies