Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 07:07 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
I think Trump was on the right track with China. Tariffs were a good start, but more needs to be done there. We have become far too reliant on what is still a communist country. We have gone from a country of innovators and makers to a country of consumers.
LOL, the business people in America found out its most profitable to sell (anything and everything) on the easy monthly payment plan. More profit charging interest on borrowed money than innovation and manufacturing. So why manufacture anything when you can just buy it cheap from China and make your money reselling it playing banker. Same with food and anything else.

The real problem from this kind of economy is that you are then dependent on a consumer population dependent on low paying service jobs. They cant afford to buy all the "luxury priced" goods. Creates real problem as the rich itch class shrinks and the low end greatly increases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 07:12 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I want America to keep its energy independence that Trump go us to, so the first thing would be to renew the Keystone Pipeline that Joe has already messed up.
The sludge in that pipeline was to be refined and exported.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:13 AM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
They want a lot about making "America" great again. Lol while conveniently forgetting most of the problems America has caused
Wow. If you hate America so much, why not leave? ORRRR....maybe you don't even live here?

Old 05-11-2021, 07:21 AM

I can answer this.

We want America to succeed.
We want American taxpayers not to have to pay for the world, abortions (especially late term), and people who jump the border illegally.
We don't want the government spying on us or telling us how to live. We don't want to be regulated to death. We want politicians to understand that they work for us and not the other way around.

We want criminals to go to jail, no matter what color they are.
We want our justice department to be fair and honest, even if your last name is Clinton or Biden.
We want an honest media that asks tough questions of Democrats as well as Republicans.
We want honest elections, no matter the outcome.
We don't want our jobs shipped overseas because American politicians are being paid off by the CCP.
We want American workers wages to rise and not through mandated wages.
We want drug prices to come down.
We want educations costs to come down.
We don't want the teachers' unions dictating our school policy.
We don't want our kids taught teacher's politics or that Americans are racists to the Democrats can win elections.
We want all the people who pay no federal incomes taxes to quit acting like they are victims and that we are not paying ENOUGH to support them cradle to grave.

And that, Charlie Brown, is what Trump voters want.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:22 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
If Republicans were serious about illegal immigration they would pass legislation with significant penalties for anyone hiring those without the appropriate work documents. That's what nearly all other developed nations do.

Roofing, landscaping, construction, restaurants, cleaning, ... all sorts of businesses, then there are the nannies, housekeepers, gardeners, ... If employers are caught, it's a slap on the wrist, and back to business. The employee gets deported, of course, to be replaced by some other desperate person.

The focus is always on the border, when that is never going to solve issue.

Strange.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:24 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: What do Trump voters really want?

Response: Opinion

Simple.

Don't mess with God,Family and Country.
Then you should be very happy. No one is messing with your God, family or country.

Last I checked, no one has been prohibited from worshipping the God of their choice.
Last I checked, it is still perfectly legal to have a traditional family.
Last I checked, this country is still the United States of America, despite threats from those who want to break it up or start a civil war.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If Republicans were serious about illegal immigration they would pass legislation with significant penalties for anyone hiring those without the appropriate work documents. That's what nearly all other developed nations do.

Roofing, landscaping, construction, restaurants, cleaning, ... all sorts of businesses, then there are the nannies, housekeepers, gardeners, ... If employers are caught, it's a slap on the wrist, and back to business. The employee gets deported, of course, to be replaced by some other desperate person.

Strange.
ARe you still trying to say Republicans and Trump voters are one in the same? I agree about the GOP though.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:37 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I can answer this.

We want America to succeed.
We want American taxpayers not to have to pay for the world, abortions (especially late term), and people who jump the border illegally.
We don't want the government spying on us or telling us how to live. We don't want to be regulated to death. We want politicians to understand that they work for us and not the other way around.

We want criminals to go to jail, no matter what color they are.
We want our justice department to be fair and honest, even if your last name is Clinton or Biden.
We want an honest media that asks tough questions of Democrats as well as Republicans.
We want honest elections, no matter the outcome.
We don't want our jobs shipped overseas because American politicians are being paid off by the CCP.
We want American workers wages to rise and not through mandated wages.
We want drug prices to come down.
We want educations costs to come down.
We don't want the teachers' unions dictating our school policy.
We don't want our kids taught teacher's politics or that Americans are racists to the Democrats can win elections.
We want all the people who pay no federal incomes taxes to quit acting like they are victims and that we are not paying ENOUGH to support them cradle to grave.

And that, Charlie Brown, is what Trump voters want.
I'm a liberal, but most of want you listed above sounds reasonable to me.

I would argue that we already have honest elections. And I don't think the reason for jobs being shipped overseas is politicians getting paid by the CCP. The reasons have more to do with low wages in other countries and the globalization of markets.

Other than that, all good. We'd all like healthcare and education costs to come down and wages to go up. Nobody wants the government spying on us. We all want the Justice system and the media to be fair.

Since we agree on so much, why can't we work together? I would like to see our representatives in Washington map out some goals like the above that both parties can agree on, and focus on those instead of on the divisive issues.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:58 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I'm a liberal, but most of want you listed above sounds reasonable to me.

I would argue that we already have honest elections. And I don't think the reason for jobs being shipped overseas is politicians getting paid by the CCP. The reasons have more to do with low wages in other countries and the globalization of markets.

Other than that, all good. We'd all like healthcare and education costs to come down and wages to go up. Nobody wants the government spying on us. We all want the Justice system and the media to be fair.

Since we agree on so much, why can't we work together? I would like to see our representatives in Washington map out some goals like the above that both parties can agree on, and focus on those instead of on the divisive issues.

Sounds reasonable. But the second post in this thread talks about a 'cult that needs a new leader'. Because of people like that, we'll never be able to work together.

What I want is simple: a prosperous America without culture wars, and without a Canadian-style federal government.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:29 AM

62,966 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Strange.
You have no idea what you are talking about! Trump reinstated the workplace raids discontinued under Obama and several employers were held accountable for hiring illegal aliens. Need links?

It has been the Democrats that won't pass an e-verify law unless there is a massive amnesty attached to it. The Republicans have presented many bills to mandate e-verify but the Democrats will not pass them. So no, with the Republicans the focus isn't just on border security!

Security at our border should be a part of the solution though. If they can't get into our country how are the employers going to hire them? Securing our border with good physical barriers should absolutely be a part of the solution! Where they have been built already they have been 90% effective in deterring illegal entry. Not all illegals are looking for work either. Birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits are also incentives. Criminals, drug runners and terrorists certainly aren't looking for work, thus the wall.

We need to use all of the solutions collectively to deter as many illegals as we can. Speaking of focus why do you and yours only focus on the employers but never border security? Sounds hypocritical to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies