Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2021, 02:06 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,292,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't know, i mean many wish we would do that with China, and that was before we complained about the "Wuhan Virus"... Trump couldn't even do that because he had several of his items made there. You really think he would do that with Russia when he was fake tough on China?

As for Russia, I do personally wish we could do something to stop Russia's disinformation and cyber attacks. If that means taxing companies for what they do abroad with Rogue nations, so be it. We have to be strong to that. Biden so far gets a meh grade on it as president. Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton all get failing marks on how they dealt with Russia.

here you go with Trump again. You know Trump is not President and Russia existed for 24 years under Clinton, W Bush and Obama and none where tough with Russia and when I mean tough, not just talk tough like wrestling but hit them hard economically. You are not doing that letting 3,000 American companies making huge profits with the enemy and then act like they are the #1 threat.

So if Clinton, W Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden didn't do thing and also the top 3,000 Americans companies in Russia making huge profits care, why should you or I care? How does Russia affects you personally? unless you have stocks in the war machine and want to continue making a profit in endless wars and endless occupations, what's your profit?

This is beyond Trump other than keeping our troops there forever and making a few people in America very rich which is not you or me (maybe, you have any stocks with the war machine?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 02:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
here you go with Trump again. You know Trump is not President and Russia existed for 24 years under Clinton, W Bush and Obama and none where tough with Russia and when I mean tough, not just talk tough like wrestling but hit them hard economically. You are not doing that letting 3,000 American companies making huge profits with the enemy and then act like they are the #1 threat.

So if Clinton, W Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden didn't do thing and also the top 3,000 Americans companies in Russia making huge profits care, why should you or I care? How does Russia affects you personally? unless you have stocks in the war machine and want to continue making a profit in endless wars and endless occupations, what's your profit?

This is beyond Trump other than keeping our troops there forever and making a few people in America very rich which is not you or me (maybe, you have any stocks with the war machine?)
I don't have any skin in the game when it comes to the war machine. That said what would you do differently with Russia than our presidents have?

As for me with Trump, if you have a problem with me talking Trump issues four months after his last days in office, talk to those who continue to attack Obama too since he has not been president for four plus years. Until you do, shut the Hell up about my stance towards Trump.

Old 05-15-2021, 02:24 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
I don't have any skin in the game when it comes to the war machine. That said what would you do differently with Russia than our presidents have?

As for me with Trump, if you have a problem with me talking Trump issues four months after his last days in office, talk to those who continue to attack Obama too since he has not been president for four plus years. Until you do, shut the Hell up about my stance towards Trump.
Very weak strawman argument as Obuma hasn’t gotten anywhere near close to the attention that because Trump has since he’s been out of office.

Old 05-15-2021, 02:25 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Hypocrisy by the Democrats is always relevant in all political threads. It's like Precious fat shaming Oprah in the health threads. Very relevant. It exposes the people making the accusations in the first place fakes. Brick by brick, dollar by dollar, body by body. Exposing the b.s here post by post.
I think irrelevant is the correct terminology.
The use of deflection - 'whataboutism' , flipping the script is par for a narrative in the mind of a trump loyalist.
Ergo it's irrelevant to the topic.
Cheney is an upstanding politician. I need not be on any specific party to make that fair accessments. It's called balancing facts with behavior. I've no idea though what makes the bootlickers like Cruz or Stefanick puke out lie after lie.

Old 05-15-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Very weak strawman argument as Obuma hasn’t gotten anywhere near close to the attention that because Trump has since he’s been out of office.
Bullcrap, just look at the threads and posts that still blame Obama for X, Y, Z... mind you, Obama has been out over four years now.

Old 05-15-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Bullcrap, just look at the threads and posts that still blame Obama for X, Y, Z... mind you, Obama has been out over four years now.
The threads are filled with because Trump. Obuma threads are all but nowhere to be found, especially compared to because Trump....but please do post the number of because Trump threads versus the number of Obuma threads.

Old 05-15-2021, 02:44 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Heard some comments from younger Republicans today saying she doesn't represent the new Republicans -- not sure what that is........I guess we need to get clear mandate of this new Republican party.
They bow towards Mar Largo three times a day.

Old 05-15-2021, 02:46 PM

Lol. His haters obsess wayyyyy more than his supporters.

Old 05-15-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The threads are filled with because Trump. Obuma threads are all but nowhere to be found, especially compared to because Trump....but please do post the number of because Trump threads versus the number of Obuma threads.
You just mocked Obama so obviously he is still in your head that's one. Just search function but you won't because you know I'm right.

Old 05-15-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
You just mocked Obama so obviously he is still in your head that's one. Just search function but you won't because you know I'm right.
Lol. You’re the one that brought up Obuma.

If you could prove what you say you’d have already used the search button to try to prove yourself right. No hurry though. I’ll wait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies