Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2021, 12:10 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,012,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Isn't it?

A mom is telling hr own child that she believes that killing a baby in the womb is OK.

Makes sense that it would apply directly to her own children. That if she thinks it's OK, she considered killing them because it was here choice. And it was her choice NOT to kill them. But she could've.

Kids are smart. They figure these things out.
My daughter as most women know supporting choice means no such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 12:24 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,035,795 times
Quote:
I'm glad your daughter understands that you thought about killing her.

I'm sure it was a wonderful moment the two of you shared.
There was no daughter to kill. There was a fetus. Which is not a child, a daughter, a son, or a person. Until it develops into same.

Old 05-21-2021, 12:31 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
I'm glad your daughter understands that you thought about killing her.

I'm sure it was a wonderful moment the two of you shared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
There was no daughter to kill. There was a fetus. Which is not a child, a daughter, a son, or a person. Until it develops into same.
posted once: copy past again here ...

Biology Science uses classifications, where as human is a species. Fetus is a scientific word that means, unborn offspring of a human species. People use these words, so as to dehumanize the subject. In the use of biology and its terms, a fetus is an unborn offspring of a human species, until the day it is born. It is not to be used as a gauge so as to determine when the unborn offspring, begins to feel pain. To know more about that, consult the field of Biology and those that have studied the fetus at different stages of its gestation.

Old 05-21-2021, 12:31 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
My daughter as most women know supporting choice means no such thing.

How does that beautiful smiling girl at the pro abortion rally know if her mom spent days deciding whether she was going to kill her?

Her mom is there screaming for abortion.

Makes sense, why wouldn't you believe in choice? You support abortion. Or is it only something that "other women" do, you would NEVER do it yourself?

Old 05-21-2021, 12:41 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,035,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Biology Science uses classifications, where as human is a species. Fetus is a scientific word that means, unborn offspring of a human species. People use these words, so as to dehumanize the subject. In the use of biology and its terms, a fetus is an unborn offspring of a human species, until the day it is born. It is not to be used as a gauge so as to determine when the unborn offspring, begins to feel pain. To know more about that, consult the field of Biology and those that have studied the fetus at different stages of its gestation.
There is no such thing as “unborn”. That is a stupid word utilized to manipulate opinion. At 12-16 weeks, the fetus is not sentient, intelligent, or anything remotely approaching what we consider to be a person. It is a mass of precursor cells and a woman should have the right to remove it for any or no reason. Until time and transformation occur, there is no person other than the woman. And her decision is the only one that should matter.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:31 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Which appendage does a fetus chop off?
None...but self-defense laws are not dependent on that. There just needs to be a threat of grievous bodily harm. https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/cri...20the%20threat.

Quote:
That all changed when fetal homicide laws were codified. It's homicide, a human killing another human. The same thing happens in abortion, a human kills another human.
Here is a list of state fetal homicide laws: https://www.ncsl.org/research/health...tate-laws.aspx

Some states mention specific exemptions for abortion. Others do not. I would think that the national ruling of Roe vs. Wade would neutralize state laws on fetal homicide that don't make exemptions for abortions.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Quote:
There is no such thing as “unborn”. That is a stupid word utilized to manipulate opinion. At 12-16 weeks, the fetus is not sentient, intelligent, or anything remotely approaching what we consider to be a person. It is a mass of precursor cells and a woman should have the right to remove it for any or no reason. Until time and transformation occur, there is no person other than the woman. And her decision is the only one that should matter.
Compare your statement to mine in the field of Biology to understand the facts as they have been presented.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:40 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
What do animals think or feel that is comparable to a fetus or a comatose human? What is the common link? Can you provide a description?
I can, most definitely, provide a description. It's not so much about what they'll feel...so much as what they won't think or feel. Both animals and fetuses are lacking the knowledge of death humans have. They lack the ability to fear death, due to that lack of knowledge. Many animals, like fetuses, will also have no ability to mourn the dead, especially if they're not social organisms. Animals, like fetuses, won't have long term goals that can be ended through death. Animals, like fetuses, won't have a thorough enough of an understanding of what life and death are to know whether or not they want to live.

Quote:
You say a comatose patient is not human, what are they? An animal? What type animal? A 'brain dead type animal' is not specific enough. What animal classification do they fall under?

The genome that comprises a living 'human' comes under the purview of science, not philosophy. There is no 'I think this, so this is so' nonsense will change that.
I believe I said "brain-dead comatose patient" rather than merely "comatose patient." Comatose patients can recover...so they're still human.

I don't see what's wrong with "brain-dead type animal." I don't know what greater specifications you'd be looking for, or what purpose any different categorization would serve. The point is...a brain-dead comatose person, like an ameoba, or an insect, may still be alive, but they're lacking all the traits that result in us considering the murder of human beings morally wrong. The same can be applied to fetuses...at minimum, before they can experience pain.

How humans are scientifically classified is nothing more than trivial semantics. Ethics are important when discussing abortion...not meaningless classifications that make no impact on ethics, as I've stated previously.

Last edited by Clintone; 05-21-2021 at 02:30 PM..

Old 05-21-2021, 01:54 PM

1,925 posts, read 557,301 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as “unborn”. That is a stupid word utilized to manipulate opinion.
That is as ridiculous a statement as "a fetus is not human". I don't know where people come up with this nonsense, and then expect others to believe it.
"Understanding your unborn baby"
https://www.womans.org/our-services/...fetus-in-utero
Quote:
At 12-16 weeks, the fetus is not sentient, intelligent, or anything remotely approaching what we consider to be a person.
The debate concerning "personhood" has been long and ongoing. That aspect aside, the zygote, fetus, whatever you wish to call it, from conception is alive and developing.
Quote:
It is a mass of precursor cells and a woman should have the right to remove it for any or no reason. Until time and transformation occur, there is no person other than the woman. And her decision is the only one that should matter.
There is life. The "mass of precursor cells" will at no time be any more alive than it is now. The decision is made to either nurture it or end it. To end it for "no reason" seems rather barbaric. That you refer to it as a mass of cells is irrelevant to the process.

Old 05-21-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I can, most definitely, provide a description. It's not so much about what they'll feel...so much as what they won't think or feel. Both animals and fetuses are lacking the knowledge of death humans have. They lack the ability to fear death, due to that lack of knowledge. Many animals, like fetuses, will also have no ability to mourn the dead, especially if they're not social organisms. Animals, like fetuses, won't have long term goals that can be ended through death. Animals, like fetuses, won't have a thorough enough of an understanding of what life and death are to know whether or not they want to live.

I believe I said "brain-dead comatose patient" rather than merely "comatose patient." Comatose patients can recover...so they're still human.

I don't see what's wrong with "brain-dead type animal." I don't know what greater specifications you'd be looking for, or what purpose any different categorization would serve. The point is...a brain-dead comatose person, like an ameoba, or an insect, may still be alive, but they're lacking all the traits that result in us considering the murder of human beings morally wrong. The same can be applied to fetuses...at minimum, before they can experience pain.

How humans are scientifically classified is nothing more than trivial semantics. Ethics are important when discussing abortion...not meaningless classifications that make no impact on ethics, as I've stated previously.
Also for a better understanding of the ethics that surround the unborn, it is also important to note the 'rights of the unborn', as decades of case law has been presented so as to establish legal precedence of their legal rights.

btw: Science is not on your side and you know this otherwise, you'd bring in the Biology journals to back up your claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies