Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2021, 10:22 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times

Advertisements

I watched videos of Palestinian and Israeli civilians fleeing in terror. I saw Palestinian parents mourn their now dead children. I saw a video of an Israeli man holding his tiny baby (couldn't be more than 2-3 months old) outdoors, between the lanes of what appeared to be either a highway or a major thoroughfare, so he could avoid incoming missiles/rockets (he was trying to shield himself and the child with the concrete blocks that lined the edges of both lanes of traffic).

I saw videos of demonstrations in New York City, with Palestianian-flag-waving people and Israeli-flag-waving people screaming at each other and demonstrating much aggression and hostility. I saw videos of actual fights, with one incident showing a Palestinian (or pro-Palestinian) boy stealing a young adult man's Israeli flag. The young adult ran after it, but was surrounded by several young men from the Palestinian side and he was then assaulted.

I saw videos of pro-Palestinian demonstrators harassing, with spitting at one moment, New Yorkers who were dining outdoors and who were apparently Jewish.

I saw videos of IDF troopers shooting unarmed Palestinian civilians and in one particularly gruesome and disturbing video, they stopped an ambulance and went inside while the staff within the ambulance screamed in horror.

There is likely no conflict that draws this much passion and sentiment and anger and opinionated views. Korea-Japan, Japan-China, blacks-whites, China-Tibet, Turkey-Armenia, Hutus-Tutsis, Hindus-Muslims in India, sectarian warfare between Shia and Sunni in Iraq and throughout the Muslim world...

Sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 10:40 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
The Palestinian's could have had statehood and peace decades ago....they chose not to....seven times.

They are the ones that want this. They are the ones instigating this, then they cry and whine like the cowards they are when they get smacked down.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...ted_peace.html

Old 05-21-2021, 11:12 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The Palestinian's could have had statehood and peace decades ago....they chose not to....seven times.

They are the ones that want this. They are the ones instigating this, then they cry and whine like the cowards they are when they get smacked down.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...ted_peace.html
Kind of like how the Jews were asking for genocide by failing to assimilate into their European host countries centuries after losing their own homeland.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:16 AM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Corrie, watch the video.
ok I watched it.....now read the 3 links I posted....

1. Even the UN says Hamas is using human shields
2. Hamas admitted to using human shields
3. Hamas is encouraging people to become human shields

...and all at the same time....Hamas is saying how effective it is

" This cynical sacrifice of their own civilians is designed to score military and public relations victories.""

Old 05-21-2021, 11:19 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If there’s no overlap between antisemitism and anti-Israelism, why is this poster referring constantly to the problems involving Israelis as “the Jews” this and “the Jews” that?
Not all Israeli's are Jews, but the sides of this conflict are really Jew vs non-Jew. There are Christians in Palestine as well. They're treated much like the Muslims.

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2021/5...ehem-jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
There have always been Jews in the Land of Israel in the 4 holy cities of Jerusalem, Safed, Tiberius and Hebron (where the Arabs murdered Jews in 1929 and got rid of them there).
Christians were the majority in Palestine for nearly a thousand years. There were almost no Jews in Israel for the thousand years prior to the 20th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...estine_(region)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
There was no Palestinian Arab movement under the Ottoman Empire and the local non-Jewish inhabitants only wanted to proclaim independence after more Jews returned to the area and started developing it.
Palestine was never a "nation-state". It was a subdivision of other empires going back to the Roman Empire. Britain carved up the Ottoman Empire into a number of states/mandates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partit...Ottoman_Empire

Prior to WWI, the Ottomans had already lost all of their territory in North Africa. France had taken Algeria. The Italians had Libya. The Spanish Morocco. And the British controlled Egypt.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...T1QZEz7Nz48cW8

I'm not exactly sure what your point is. It would be like someone conquering America, carving it up into various parts, calling the West-Coast "Pacifica", and then telling the people who live there they have no right to the land because there is no such nationality as "Pacifican".

Old 05-21-2021, 11:20 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade18 View Post
Hamas is a terrorist organization.
As the saying goes, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

A lot of people think America is a terrorist organization.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:23 AM

727 posts, read 304,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
ok I watched it.....now read the 3 links I posted....

1. Even the UN says Hamas is using human shields
2. Hamas admitted to using human shields
3. Hamas is encouraging people to become human shields

...and all at the same time....Hamas is saying how effective it is

" This cynical sacrifice of their own civilians is designed to score military and public relations victories.""
Adolph Jr. is in complete denial, even if he witnessed it first hand he/she would still put the blame on Israel.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:33 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The Palestinians should tell Hamas to stop using their money on weapons to attack Israel and instead use them to improve the lives of their fellow Palestinians. Israel didn’t start firing rockets until they had to respond to the many thousands of rockets Hamas fired indiscriminately (including civilian targets) at Israel.
Instead, the Palestinians put the Hamas terrorists in power, and ALLOW them to hide behind innocent civilians. All it would take is for the "innocent, peaceful" Palestinians to stop supporting these terrorists and murderers, to refuse to let them hide in civilian areas...and to turn in every one of these savages to Israeli authorities. Instead...they support and empower them.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:34 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l78dOLxt6_g

By Israeli definition of "human shield" they are allowed to kill every civilian in Gaza. The IDF also has offices in residential areas in Tel-Aviv so I assume they too are using human shields.

They also have never thought to provide evidence as to why their strikes are legitimate knowing the US will protect them with impunity.

I only have this to say to Christian Zionist who put the interest of Israel above their own: do you think Jesus would condone the murder of civilians?

Please answer this question, and then question where you went wrong in your moral judgment. I would also like to ask that you stop attending Church.

If you think these people deserve to die, that is okay. But don't pretend to be a Christian, stay at home and cease your religious activities.
Why do you believe that propaganda?

Old 05-21-2021, 11:39 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Kind of like how the Jews were asking for genocide by failing to assimilate into their European host countries centuries after losing their own homeland.
What does this have to do with anything ? It isn't even a decent analogy.

Two feuding groups have sat down to negotiate peace, and statehood for one. And one side rejected it....seven times.
The three no's of Khartoum came from one of these seven sit downs.

"no peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with it...."

What does one do, when one side wants peace and the other doesn't ? And continually attacks ? Should they just sit there and be over run ? There is nothing more the Islamic countries would love to do is wipe Israel off the face of the planet, something they've been consistent about since the late 40's.

It is a shame Egypt, used the Palestinians to try and run out the Jew's in the Arab/Israeli war then turned their backs and closed their border to them after Israel won. That should have been even more incentive for the Palestinians to try and live peacefully and negotiate for it. Apparently they would rather fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies