Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2021, 08:18 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76NytvQAIs0

Worth a watch. This lay's out every chance that the Arabs were given to form their own state and to which they said NO each time
Excellent clip. It should be required reading for every liberal blaming Israel and defending Hamas terrorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 11:07 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Excellent clip. It should be required reading for every liberal blaming Israel and defending Hamas terrorists.
The Palestinian’s defenders always make up the dumbest reasons as to why the Palestinians rejected every offer of their own state. I have heard a bunch of them, but when I fact check, they never turn out to be historically true. They are just some totally invented excuses, designed to hide the real reason they always turn down their own statehood.

The real reason is that they cannot accept and recognize Israel’s right to exist. But they can’t be too obvious about it, because if the world knows this, they will stop feeling sorry for them.

Old 05-20-2021, 12:17 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The Jews had fund raising campaigns to buy land in Palestine.
In most countries, foreign nationals aren't allowed to buy land. Or at least there are significant restrictions on buying land(usually requiring special permits, or limiting the amount of land).

As you said, they used fundraising. And they did this to get around laws restricting foreign nationals from purchasing land. They often used intermediaries who were Palestinian/Ottoman citizens to acquire the land which was basically placed in a trust for the "Zionists".

The United States owes China trillions and trillions of dollars. This would be tantamount to China taking that money and buying California, giving the land to Chinese nationals, who then demanded the land be partitioned(and thus granted to China, or at least to a Chinese proxy-state).

So the question then is, did the Palestinians understand what was going on, and why didn't they stop it?

Because they couldn't stop it, because they weren't in control of the government. The British were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
They may have "wanted" their whole homeland, but in the beginning they accepted the smaller parcel.
They demanded half the land when they were a third of the population, and had effectively invaded/colonized the country with the help of the British Empire. They knew the Palestinians would never accept the deal. But they also knew the United States would back then, just as we do today.

And why did we back them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wo2TLlMhiw

Old 05-20-2021, 05:00 AM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

Trust me, I know what was going on in Israel. The question is, why did they blow up the King David hotel? Why did the Jews want the British to leave Israel? What did they expect was going to happen?
The King David Hotel bombing was done by members of the extremist group Lehi/Stern Gang. I believe they also called in advance to let the guests know there was a bomb to prevent a high number of civilian casualities as the bomb was targeting the British military. You can Google this more precise information.

The British decided on their own to leave the area as they weren't able to manage the tensions between Jewish and Arab Palestinians which caused by the conflicting promises they gave both groups during WWI in exchange for their help capturing the area from Turks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Have you ever heard of a Country committing Genocide that allows the "genocide victims" to be Judges, elected to office and even serve in the Military??
One needs to differentiate between Israeli Arab citizens (whose families have been under Israeli rule since 1948) and have full citizen rights like Israeli Jewish citizens. There are Israeli Arab parliament/Knesset members. So obviously NO genocide of these people.

The Palestinian Arabs in the West Bank (under Jordanian rule between 1948-1967) and the ones in Gaza (under Egyptian rule between 1948-1967) are not Israeli citizens and don't have the rights of citizens. But they too have multipled in numbers. So obviously NO genocide of them either!

Old 05-20-2021, 06:29 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I don't see anywhere on there where it references "stolen" land, either. Did I miss it?
No, the map by itself does not, but . . .

Quote:
My point, which I thought was obvious, was that when one group forcefully displaces another group, there is almost certain to be backlash.
You obviously do and used that map to prove your point right here, right now. I didn't miss that at all.

How long do you think I have been researching and debating this conflict? I have seen your map, heard all about your 'force' and all the other history modifying B.S. a thousand times before, so when you surreptitiously bring out that map, the one I have seen hundreds of times before to twist up the pretzel version of history that the pro Palestinian side is so so dang famous for, I already know what's next.

So take your straw and put it somewhere. Else.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
This is twisting history.
Why not ask President Clinton what happened to the peace he tried to broker. He placed the blame clearly on Arafat for it failing. Agreements are made that seem to satisfy every current concern, then the Palestinians decide that it's still not good enough and move the goalposts to a place that they know will not be acceptable, and then blame Israel.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
My point, which I thought was obvious, was that when one group forcefully displaces another group, <snip>
[quote=Rachel976;61073627]The point is that liberals rage on about Israel encroaching on Arab land (when of course they either PAID for it - overpaid, in fact - <snip>

Quote:
I'm not a liberal and you've never heard that argument from me, so......
Bald. Faced. Lie.

Quote:
Problem is, nobody wants these people. They have elected terrorists as their leaders and would prove problematic for any country.
Remember Black September.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:42 AM

[quote=teddyearp;61081344]
Quote:
The point is that liberals rage on about Israel encroaching on Arab land (when of course they either PAID for it - overpaid, in fact - <snip>

Bald. Faced. Lie.

Remember Black September.
Correct. Correct. Correct.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:44 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.ajc.org/news/an-open-letter-to-trevor-noah

This goes on to a few more times in history where this mess could have been avoided

I'm sure that some of you haters will ignore this message, but the majority of those on CD understands and wishes for peace.

Something that will never happen until, in the words of Golde Meir
That is 100% correct.

The Jews, from the very beginning, were perfectly willing to share their homeland. The Arabs are the aggressors in this situation.

That piece of land has been occupied by dozens of different powers over the centuries and is finally back in the hands of the owners.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is 100% correct.

The Jews, from the very beginning, were perfectly willing to share their homeland. The Arabs are the aggressors in this situation.

That piece of land has been occupied by dozens of different powers over the centuries and is finally back in the hands of the owners.
Jews owned it long before Mohammed ever “graced” the planet.

(In my Torah class, we are now learning about the kings of Israel (both regions). Long, long history before Muslims even existed.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies