Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2021, 10:58 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Banning abortions at first heartbeat is excellent. Plenty of time for the woman to decide if she wants to kill her own innocent and defenseless child.

Beyond that it is pure and simple murder so as not to have her life inconvenienced because of her own personal bad choices.
That is about 6 weeks gestation. at that point the woman may have only missed her period by a week or two. For those of us that don't have regular cycles that isn't even enough time to be mildly concerned much less to go get a pregnancy test, determine what we want to do, discuss with significant other to get their input, make a doctors appointment for pregnancy confirmation, set an abortion appointment and be seen for treatment. Heck it takes more than two weeks to get an appointment with my GP and sometimes a month to get an appointment with my gyno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 10:58 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Even though I had a vasectomy at age 20, I would never have sex with a woman who was not fully protected herself. Anything can fail, even a vasectomy. Sperm have been able to make their way through even with the tubes cut. It's documented.

The best chance of not getting pregnant is for both parties to be extremely well protected. The more extreme the protection the better.

If anyone has sex without both parties being heavily protected, they are a complete moron and deserve exactly what they get. That includes the woman.

See this is what bothers me about anti choice people. I understand people have different moral convictions about abortion and when "life begins" regarding developmental limits but the punishment language that is often used when speaking about having sex and an unplanned pregnancy is troubling. Deserve exactly what they get.

What is that. Exactly what is it they deserve for giving into biological and hormonal passion while not being fully protected, or being an addict and not being fully protected, or being coerced and not being fully protected, or being mentally inferior and not being fully protected, or just having BC failure. They deserve the mental anguish, the loss of their future, having an unwanted, stressful pregnancy, raising an unwanted child, living in poverty, to produce a life that may suffer.
I was thinking some posters argued that pregnancy and an unwanted child was a blessing, not punishment so what is it (punishment) these morons get exactly that they deserve?
just curious.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Do I have an unwanted child? NOPE

Did my partner have to have her unwanted child brutally killed? NOPE

Am I and my partner living wonderful, successful, lucrative, stress free, regret free, depression free, anxiety free lives? YEP
I applaud you Mr. Smith. Its not too many 20 year old that can find a doctor to preform a vasectomy to begin with then at such a young age you find a lifelong partner who is absolute on never wanting children. I hope you realize what a true unicorn you are and appreciated that the majority of the population is not this lucky on either count.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:17 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Congrats. And in my opinion, it was an unnecessary procedure.
You are free to think that but I'm not the one who had to decide to brutally kill an unwanted child. I have been responsible in my actions. Others not so much.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
You are free to think that but I'm not the one who had to decide to brutally kill an unwanted child. I have been responsible in my actions. Others not so much.
Yep, me too

Old 05-26-2021, 11:26 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
See this is what bothers me about anti choice people. I understand people have different moral convictions about abortion and when "life begins" regarding developmental limits but the punishment language that is often used when speaking about having sex and an unplanned pregnancy is troubling. Deserve exactly what they get.

What is that. Exactly what is it they deserve for giving into biological and hormonal passion while not being fully protected, or being an addict and not being fully protected, or being coerced and not being fully protected, or being mentally inferior and not being fully protected, or just having BC failure. They deserve the mental anguish, the loss of their future, having an unwanted, stressful pregnancy, raising an unwanted child, living in poverty, to produce a life that may suffer.
I was thinking some posters argued that pregnancy and an unwanted child was a blessing, not punishment so what is it (punishment) these morons get exactly that they deserve?
just curious.
First, let's get something straight. I'm not anti choice. I'm anti killing innocent and beautiful unborn life. The choice part is choosing to have unprotected or under protected sex or not. Make the right choice to begin with. People need to grow the **** up and act responsibly.

It's well past time we stop making excuses for people's bad decisions in life and giving them an out every single time. Reminds me of all the BLM crap. You don't want to get shot by a cop? Then grow the **** up and stop doing things that will get you shot by a cop. Enough already. Actions have consequences and people deserve exactly what they get when they action irresponsibly.

If someone really doesn't want to have a child, they should take every single precaution available to not get pregnant. Actions have consequences. If someone's actions are so bad that they put themselves in a position to have the exact thing they don't want to happen actually happen to them, then yes they deserve what they get. That goes for getting pregnant or shot by a cop.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:15 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
First, let's get something straight. I'm not anti choice. I'm anti killing innocent and beautiful unborn life. The choice part is choosing to have unprotected or under protected sex or not. Make the right choice to begin with. People need to grow the **** up and act responsibly.

It's well past time we stop making excuses for people's bad decisions in life and giving them an out every single time. Reminds me of all the BLM crap. You don't want to get shot by a cop? Then grow the **** up and stop doing things that will get you shot by a cop. Enough already. Actions have consequences and people deserve exactly what they get when they action irresponsibly.

If someone really doesn't want to have a child, they should take every single precaution available to not get pregnant. Actions have consequences. If someone's actions are so bad that they put themselves in a position to have the exact thing they don't want to happen actually happen to them, then yes they deserve what they get. That goes for getting pregnant or shot by a cop.
Could you imagine the OUTRAGE if a man struck a woman in a fit of biological and hormonal "passion" during a heated argument .... and was excused for his behavior?

Oh you punched her? You were angry and jealous and acting on impulse? You both were arguing and yelling?

Ooopsies, it's OK. Seriously, you couldn't control yourself. We understand. She didn't mind. These things happen.

[sarcasm]

Old 05-26-2021, 12:22 PM

1,162 posts, read 456,538 times
Are virgins getting the last laugh?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
No, politicians are.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:26 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
No one with a conscience is laughing. Babies are being killed in the womb, which should be the safest place for them to be ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies