Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2021, 09:43 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
My first sonogram looked like a circus peanut. The tech had to basically point out my son to me as he looked like any other blob on the picture. There was no cute little hand or feet, no face, just a little blob. At the point when most abortions take place there is nothing that looks human on a sonogram.
I never understood how showing a blurry sonogram of a tiny blob was supposed to convince a woman not to abort. However, did those states witha sonogram law, allow abortions in later months, where the sonogram might show what looks like an actual live baby kicking in the womb?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,082 posts, read 1,545,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
no exceptions for rape or incest
Doesnt make any exceptions at all does it? so the mother can suffer serious complications of pregnancy and nothing can be done? Who cares if she dies, right? Ditto for if the fetus dies in uteruo? Sounds like the Catholic Church or other well know suppressive grps.

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It is fairly simple. Be responsible. If you are having unprotected sex, use a pregnancy test kit every few weeks to make sure you aren't pregnant.

Or, don't be so damn promiscuous with sex. You are in control of your own body and sexual impulses. It's not as if the ugly little geeky boy who sits in front of you in homeroom class was going to be able to have sex with you, if you don't want him to.
I would love to see all the sexually active women in Texas stop having sex or extremely limit sex with their partners, husbands, boyfriends and stop altogether with, you know, the geeky boy in class . Actually these women should just refrain from any sex until after marriage, like in the old days. But unlike the old days women not be forced to have sex with their husbands at will. Then I'd like to see how the male population handles their sexual impulses.

For most of my life I have heard directly from both men and women (not to mention all the jokes about it) how at a certain point in marriage, men complain they dont get enough sex and women complain they have to have sex occasionally to shut him up. Yet people want to believe it is women who are so damn promiscuous and women should control their sexual impulses.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Ridiculous argument!
How so? If someone needs my blood to live, I have to give consent before my blood can be taken to keep them alive. If someone needs a kidney to survive I have to consent to giving it to them. And giving blood is less invasive and less dangerous than pregnancy and childbirth.

Why should a fetus have rights that no one else has to use my body?

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
The laws say that I can decide how my body is used and by whom after I am dead, but this law says that I can not decide how my body is used or by whom while alive. In TX corpses do have more rights over their body than living breathing women do.
When you decide to have sex you take a risk of becoming pregnant. That is you giving consent to a fetus to grow in your womb.

However, not all women give consent to sex and that is one reason why I’m pro choice at least for the first trimester.

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Abortion should not be tolerated.
You are a man. Why are you even commenting on this subject?? It does not truly affect you!!!

Old 09-03-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m a female. I am aware of all of this. lol. You continue to press me as though I have shown support for this law. Why? All I’ve said is that women need to be prepared and utilize other options if necessary. This is called “mobilizing”. This is what smart people do when conditions go awry.
Guess she doesn't know what the word wahine means

Old 09-03-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
The fetus needs the womans consent to use her body as life support. Consent can be rescinded at any time.
The same for the fist year or two of the baby's life after birth. The parents can deny it food, and it dies. So yeah, that whole "womans consent " is a ridiculous argument.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:49 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
When you decide to have sex you take a risk of becoming pregnant. That is you giving consent to a fetus to grow in your womb.

However, not all women give consent to sex and that is one reason why I’m pro choice at least for the first trimester.
No more so than by driving you are consenting to being in a wreck. It is a possibility, but if it happens you are allowed to seek restitution for the repairs and medical bills and also go to the doctor to repair your body.

Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy and childbirth.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:49 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
The fetus needs the womans consent to use her body as life support. Consent can be rescinded at any time.
That's a false construct. A woman's consent is not required for a fetus to use her body as life support. Some women go through their entire pregnancy not knowing they're pregnant and only become aware at delivery. The fetus used their bodies as life support without their consent. However, it IS true that fetal homicide laws codify killing a fetus as killing a separate human life. Abortion kills a fetus, therefore it kills a separate human life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies