Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2021, 03:41 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How often would you suspect that happens? I'd say, just from my observations, almost never.

I observe women who get pregnant, and beg the man to be a part of the baby's life and come to sonogram appointments, etc.

And I know that if a woman gets pregnant and the man doesn't want to be a father, she's at greatly increased risk of danger of being murdered.

How many cases have you seen, of men who want to be dads and very much want to participate in raising the child, and he's capable of being a stable parent, and the woman wants to abort?
It's not important. A man cannot force the woman to keep the child, nor can he force her to abort. To compound this, it's her body that gets pregnant, not his. In just about every aspect, from it's her body, to it's her decisions, the pregnancy is something she owns. Not the man.

And what you have that is common enough, is a woman slowly realizing the man she wants to be, doesn't want to be with her long term, so she chooses to get pregnant to keep him. When that doesn't work out too well for her - she then tries to use the courts to ruin his life. So you wonder why that pushes some man over the edge? Yeah, she was no angel either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 03:43 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
So you are in favor of women having the right to kill a newborn that has yet to have the cord cut. It's still attached to the woman.
No, because she can just cut the umbilical cord.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:44 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It's her body, she has full control over her pregnancy. It really doesn't take a man to get her pregnant, it just takes his sperm. But she has the choice from beginning to end to become pregnant, and then stay pregnant, so she needs to own the financial responsibility too.
The financial responsibility will fall to the state that forced the woman to maintain the pregnancy.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:47 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And if the father wants the child, but the mom is all set up with her abortion appointment ... the father matters right?
Ahh the personal details. You may want to be involved with her choice. I don’t. I trust she knows the situation with the father the best. Her choice trumps all, especially what I may think about it.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:48 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How often would you suspect that happens? I'd say, just from my observations, almost never.

I observe women who get pregnant, and beg the man to be a part of the baby's life and come to sonogram appointments, etc.

And I know that if a woman gets pregnant and the man doesn't want to be a father, she's at greatly increased risk of danger of being murdered.

How many cases have you seen, of men who want to be dads and very much want to participate in raising the child, and he's capable of being a stable parent, and the woman wants to abort?
I'm confused. I asked if the father's opinion matters. Do you think it does? Or is all the man blaming just smokescreen? Do women really want the man to have a say?

Or just be a bank account if they decide, meh, guess I'll keep the thing.

Although I do not agree with some of Golden's assessment, his point is really clear. Are you getting it?

Old 05-20-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
No one ever said that happens. It was only a point of discussion to show how we all, except one so far, believe in not allowing women to do what they want with their own bodies in reality. We put time limits and conditions on them.
Ridiculous argument. Arguing that a baby could legally be sliced and diced while still attached to the mother with the umbilical cord due to legalization of abortion, is like defending the stabbing and burning death of Isaac because god told Abraham to do it!

Old 05-20-2021, 03:50 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
That's fine, she should take extra careful not to pregnant.

Unless she's a teenager, most women get pregnant by choice. We have implants these days, stick them in your arm, and you won't be pregnant for a few years (or until it's removed).

So if she's against abortion, and wants to have casual sex, get an implant, and problem solved.

But it's not her right to decide to get pregnant, that she wants to keep the kid, and the man's feelings be damned, he has to pay for me. it was her choice from beginning to end, so own it.

The man really has no transparency into any of it. He does not know her cycle, what's she on [besides what she tells him]. He's just getting his rocks off, it's her body that can become pregnant, so she needs to own that.
The tramp that wants to ensnare unsuspecting men. All the more reason to mind your own sperm. Make sure you know if the woman you sleep with would give birth or abort if you two became pregnant.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Ahh the personal details. You may want to be involved with her choice. I don’t. I trust she knows the situation with the father the best. Her choice trumps all, especially what I may think about it.
Right.

The father's opinion is irrelevant. He could have a full blown nursery set up, a nanny ready to go so he can keep working, want the child with all his heart ...

And the mother can kill they baby anyway. Thanks for the honest reply.

The father is only needed if the mother decides to keep the baby. And not because she wants a father. She just wants the bank account. Right?

Old 05-20-2021, 03:52 PM

I am going to invest in the pharmaceutical company that produces the "Plan B" drug.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The tramp that wants to ensnare unsuspecting men. All the more reason to mind your own sperm. Make sure you know if the woman you sleep with would give birth or abort if you two became pregnant.
Any man that has unprotected sex is an idiot.

Any woman the has unprotected sex is also an idiot. But a bigger one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies