Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 01:18 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times

Advertisements

If there are any Chicago news organizations with integrity, they would refuse to allow ANY of their reporters to interview the mayor for any reason, at any time, until she rescinds this policy and apologizes for ever implementing it. Let her give a press conference to a room full of empty chairs.

Unfortunately, given the far-left state of the news media today, I won't hold my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 01:25 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
People ... instead of rhetoic to demonize. Realize this is on one day her anniversary in office and seeing a largely predominantly White press pull for the city media. It is a POINT on how White the press coup is even in Chicago. Not some ban.

Of course it became a Woke agenda and more.

Title: Chicago’s Mayor Lori Lightfoot defends decision to only allow Black and Brown journalists interviews for her second anniversary.

https://cbs4indy-com.cdn.ampproject....anniversary%2F

-CHICAGO — To mark the second anniversary of her swearing-in, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced Tuesday that she would only grant one-on-one interviews to Black and Brown journalists.

She defended her decision during her one and one with WGN’s Tahman Bradley.

Lightfoot’s claim that Chicago newsrooms lack diversity spark heated talks about race
“ when we are looking at the two-year anniversary of my inauguration, as a woman of color, as a lesbian, it’s important to me that diversity is put front in center,” Lightfoot said.

CBS Chicago put it this way ....

https://chicago-cbslocal-com.cdn.amp...r-interview%2F

There are some who call this a bold move and others who say it is wrong.
- The principle behind it aside, .
- It is no secret her support in the Black community is not strong right now, and this could be a way to try to increase that support.
Why should it matter what skin color a journalist is? I thought we wanted to end racism.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:27 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
White people should give that Mayor exactly what she wants, and leave Chicago.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:27 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It’s mind-boggling how leftists claim to be opposed to racism, and then are totally racist themselves.

The actual racists(usually liberals) have been calling everyone else racist all this time, anyhow.

Old 05-21-2021, 02:51 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
All she is doing is changing the subject of all the deaths or shootings in her city....nothing more, nothing less....

Old 05-21-2021, 02:57 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
It's too bad a very small, big-mouthed minority of both whites and blacks are trying their damnedest promote racism, instigate segregation, and start a race war. I think they'd better be careful about what they hope for--the big-mouth morons on BOTH sides.

And this STUPID Lightfoot (but no light upstairs) is ENGAGING IN SYSTEMATIC RACISM because, due to her psychosis, she's having paranoid delusions that every white person is out to get her. Classic paranoia. Anyone who thinks that way needs some serious mental health care.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:12 PM

9,137 posts, read 6,185,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why should it matter what skin color a journalist is? I thought we wanted to end racism.
White racism is bad. Black racism is understandable and totally honest.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:22 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
What really needs to happen is that people need to push back hard and often. I'm afraid that this stuff will get more and more "normalized" and more accepted.

There is a decent amount of media pushback, but not nearly enough. The country is going down a seriously bad path if we openly allow this kind of garbage to be tolerated.

We wouldn't tolerate a white person saying white only journalist will be allowed to interview a person and we sure as hell better not tolerate it the other direction.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:19 PM

8,338 posts, read 2,965,021 times
She gets away with saying anything. Black privilege.

Old 05-21-2021, 06:37 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I love it! The media is so woke they should love it too! You get what you vote for. You voted for this garbage now you shall eat garbage too!
Exactly. Chicago deserves all the crap it has for how it votes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies