Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 01:33 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
if the GOP wins an election its fair..

but if they lose its because of cheating?

heads I win, tails you lose.
Nah, then its "suppression" and "gerrymandering". Back at ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 01:36 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
I agree with his findings, despite him being married to Rosa Delauro who i abhor.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:49 PM

771 posts, read 300,545 times
What districts are these Trump loyalists going to win? Do you really think a MTG clone is going to win a purple district? Sure the Trump loyalists will do good in deep red counties and probably unseat some establishment Republicans, but that isn't a winning strategy across the country.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:50 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
What districts are these Trump loyalists going to win? Do you really think a MTG clone is going to win a purple district? Sure the Trump loyalists will do good in deep red counties and probably unseat some establishment Republicans, but that isn't a winning strategy across the country.

Someone didn't even read the original post.

So, seriously, why even bother responding?

Old 05-19-2021, 02:38 PM

84 posts, read 54,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmave View Post
I think the woke movement will have a much longer-lasting and more negative effect on the left than they expect. I personally know several Democrat voters who can't stand that facet of American life, yet don't realize they somewhat enable that culture by voting blue. It's a bizarre disconnect.
This is true....wokeism largely fueled by democrats peaked during the year or two run up to the 2020 election. The Democratic Party hitched their wagon to a cause that will eat them alive the moment they don’t show undying loyalty. Now they will pay the political price for it as people continue processing what it’s about and return toward normalcy.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:43 PM

30,268 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Stanley Greenberg has long predicted the fall of the Republican Party and the ascendance of the Left. He was shocked when the Dems were obliterated down ballot in 2020.

Now, he heralds even worse tidings for the New Woke Left.

And that is, the New Populist Right are actually ascendant, and the Republican Party is well ahead of where they need to be.

No doubt the Lefties on this board will write this off in one fashion or another, and that's just fine by me. They do so at their own electoral peril.

(Emphasis mine.)

https://thenewamerican.com/respected...rting-in-2022/

Commies: Enjoy getting nothing accomplished til November 2022 because you lost 15 House seats and don't have a mandate to do jack. With the redistricting we're gonna exercise, you guys won't know what just happened.

It's going to be glorious.
The Republican voters have learned nothing, just like the party has learned nothing.

Another cycle of RINOs.

Blank faced "hurray".

Old 05-19-2021, 03:55 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
I'm not happy with the political atmosphere these days. I feel like I can't vote for the sock puppet party of Trump, because lunacy. But I have issues with the questionable policies of the progressives. I'll try to vote centrist and avoid Trumpies like the black death, but may not have any good options. My biggest hope is for a split Congress with the Dems in charge of the Senate as a bulkward against a Mar Lardo come back. *shudders* I'll say the odds of the former are fairly decent. Five Republican senators are retiring from the crazy train party.

Old 05-19-2021, 04:13 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,826 times
Quote:
Check out this Lefty whining about how Republicans are winning at "voter suppression" (my butt)

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...er-suppression

Weak republicans have no choice but to resort to their disgraceful voter suppression laws and future gerrymandering.

They're simply too weak to compete on truly level playing fields.

Just look at what happened to weak republicans in last year's election:

Presidency
Joe: 81,282,916
Weak don: 74,223,369

(Note: The weak republican candidate has now lost the national popular vote in seven out of the last eight presidential elections. Sad.)

House
Dem votes: 77,545,850
Weak repub votes: 72,837,502

Senate
The 50 weak republican senators represent just 43% of the U.S. population. Clearly a joke of an institution.

A good (albeit long) read about how weak republicans are able to compete...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/advantage-gop/

If this was the Olympics instead of politics, weak republicans would need a 40-meter head start to compete in the 100-meter dash.

Such weaklings ... very sad...

Old 05-19-2021, 04:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Lol at the entitlement party calling Republicans weak.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:35 PM

321 posts, read 129,020 times
Quote:
Someone didn't even read the original post.

So, seriously, why even bother responding?
Do you believe everything Trump tells you about anything. Wake up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies