Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 01:18 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times

Advertisements

Stanley Greenberg has long predicted the fall of the Republican Party and the ascendance of the Left. He was shocked when the Dems were obliterated down ballot in 2020.

Now, he heralds even worse tidings for the New Woke Left.

And that is, the New Populist Right are actually ascendant, and the Republican Party is well ahead of where they need to be.

No doubt the Lefties on this board will write this off in one fashion or another, and that's just fine by me. They do so at their own electoral peril.

Quote:
Stanley Greenberg, Democrat Party pollster and policy wonk for the party, was surprised at the results of a poll he took of 1,000 registered voters two weeks ago in key battleground states:

We were … surprised by how much Donald Trump’s loyalist party is totally consolidated at this early point in its 2022 voting, and how engaged it is….

With such high early engagement of Republicans and white working-class voters in this survey, it means the era of Donald Trump shaping the electorate is not over.

Greenberg hoped that the Trump era was over. In his book, R.I.P. G.O.P.: How the New America is Dooming the Republicans, published in 2019, he predicted that the thrashing Republicans took in 2018 would be repeated in 2020. No doubt he was surprised that he was wrong then, too.

For Democrats Greenberg’s numbers are daunting. Three quarters of Republican voters surveyed support Trump, either as “loyalists” (Greenberg’s term), or as “Trump-aligned” voters. In the key battleground states and districts where he polled — Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Maine, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, plus 13 contested districts in California, New Jersey, Texas, and Virginia — Greenberg found that the margins favor Republicans by more than double digits.
(Emphasis mine.)

https://thenewamerican.com/respected...rting-in-2022/

Commies: Enjoy getting nothing accomplished til November 2022 because you lost 15 House seats and don't have a mandate to do jack. With the redistricting we're gonna exercise, you guys won't know what just happened.

It's going to be glorious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 01:23 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Unless lefty can fix those elections too.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post

They can't. Too many election laws being passed. Won't happen again.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:28 PM

484 posts, read 468,250 times
I think the woke movement will have a much longer-lasting and more negative effect on the left than they expect. I personally know several Democrat voters who can't stand that facet of American life, yet don't realize they somewhat enable that culture by voting blue. It's a bizarre disconnect.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:29 PM

321 posts, read 129,020 times
Thought you did not believe the polls lol. As a former Trump supporter why can't we be fighters within the party without Trump and his conspiracy theory about the elections. I agree with you guys on policy but not to question Trump on anything is disturbing. Dems will hold the Senate. You can't rely on Gerrymandering to win elections campaign on policy not Trump himself you get somewhere. So no I don't believe this poll.

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
When one party wins the WH.. its common for the other party to win the midterms 2 years later. Its how this country operates.

Not sure what happens in 2022 but nothing will shock me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
They can't. Too many election laws being passed. Won't happen again.

Check out this Lefty whining about how Republicans are winning at "voter suppression" (my butt)

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...er-suppression

Old 05-19-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
When one party wins the WH.. its common for the other party to win the midterms 2 years later. Its how this country operates.

Not sure what happens in 2022 but nothing will shock me.

Except we've been told multiple times about how there is a GOP Civil War and how Cheney is supposed to break the Party apart.

It's not happening!

Old 05-19-2021, 01:31 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
if the GOP wins an election its fair..

but if they lose its because of cheating?

heads I win, tails you lose.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:31 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
That is just how democracy works. The money shifts from one party to the next to keep the country in the middle, and to make people believe their vote matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies