Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2021, 01:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting…..

Obama called Trump a 'corrupt motherf---er,' a 'racist, sexist pig,' and a 'f---ing lunatic,' a new book reportedly says

Obama turned his congenial nature on its head and slammed Trump behind the scenes, a new book says.

It reportedly says Obama called Trump a "corrupt motherf---er," a "madman," and a "f---ing lunatic."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-cal...185109347.html
Pot meet kettle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 03:23 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Everybody loved him until he ran for office. As a Republican.

Anyone over 40 who believes otherwise isn't being objective, or did too many drugs to remember all the adoration he got for decade after decade.

The remarkable level of emotion people feel for him now is completely unnatural and obviously cultivated. It blows me away that there are people who either still can't see it, or have seen it and pretend otherwise, for purely political reasons. The latter group are the people responsible for all the division we see right now. All of it. If they'd be truthful, we wouldn't be here. They're liars and they're destroying the country for purely selfish reasons.
What adoration?

I am over 40 and a native NYC’er.
Trump prior to “The Apprentice” wasn’t adored by anyone, certainly not in New York.
Year after year of reports of him stiffing contractors, running around on his wives, not to mention trying to steal an old woman’s house in NJ... and the piece de resistance, that full page ad calling for the execution of the so-called Central Park Five.
Until he got himself reinvented on “The Apprentice” he was close to fading away to obscurity except for occasional appearances with Howard Stern where he got to talk about how hot his daughter was.
He wasn’t actually doing anything other than selling his name so it could be slapped on
properties around the world.

Where does this idea come from that he was “adored” before he ran for president?
The guy who took his mistress on a family vacation?
That guy?

Old 05-21-2021, 04:28 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
He wasn’t actually doing anything other than selling his name so it could be slapped on
properties around the world.
...and steaks, and fake universities, and Chinese clothing.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:32 PM

2,872 posts, read 1,151,678 times
I would expect nothing more from a low life like Obama. (Still) an angry man.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Everybody loved him until he ran for office. As a Republican.

Anyone over 40 who believes otherwise isn't being objective, or did too many drugs to remember all the adoration he got for decade after decade.

The remarkable level of emotion people feel for him now is completely unnatural and obviously cultivated. It blows me away that there are people who either still can't see it, or have seen it and pretend otherwise, for purely political reasons. The latter group are the people responsible for all the division we see right now. All of it. If they'd be truthful, we wouldn't be here. They're liars and they're destroying the country for purely selfish reasons.
I first became aware of Trump back in the '80s when he was making a name for himself as a bigshot real estate developer and wheeler-dealer. I remember the first time I saw him interviewed and my immediate impression of him was as a second rate con man and phony as a three dollar bill. An impression that has been confirmed a thousand times over through the years. Anyone with at least half a brain feels the same way.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I first became aware of Trump back in the '80s when he was making a name for himself as a bigshot real estate developer and wheeler-dealer. I remember the first time I saw him interviewed and my immediate impression of him was as a second rate con man and phony as a three dollar bill. An impression that has been confirmed a thousand times over through the years. Anyone with at least half a brain feels the same way.
Definitely a big shot real estate developer and wheeler dealer that turned millions into billions and eventually held the highest office in the world. The definition of success.

Those with only half a brain dispute his success.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:26 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Definitely a big shot real estate developer and wheeler dealer that turned millions into billions and eventually held the highest office in the world. The definition of success.

Inherited $400 million from his old man. Would have done better if he'd have put that into an index fund. Kicked out of the White House after a single term. Facing legal problems on multiple fronts. But you'd like to be him, right?

Old 05-21-2021, 05:30 PM

13,286 posts, read 8,463,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

You really don't want to go there as your defining moment of 'success'. How clearly Harvard school of business would disagree with YOUR definition.

There are some world leaders thru history that corrupted absolutely with that definition you give of success. Trump falls in that camp. He corrupted absolutely.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Inherited $400 million from his old man. Would have done better if he'd have put that into an index fund. Kicked out of the White House after a single term. Facing legal problems on multiple fronts. But you'd like to be him, right?
And turned it into billions.

I always love that claim you make into how because Trump should’ve invested his money, especially while you you complain about how he lives his life from a discussion board.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
You really don't want to go there as your defining moment of 'success'. How clearly Harvard school of business would disagree with YOUR definition.

There are some world leaders thru history that corrupted absolutely with that definition you give of success. Trump falls in that camp. He corrupted absolutely.
LMAO at thinking what Harvard says about a billionaire achieving success in business would disagree with me...because Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies