Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2021, 03:38 PM

19,385 posts, read 6,537,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Spanish language is not a race. And that poster has a very good point that they are not illegal while they wait on their status.
That poster just admitted that it was a direct, not-so-veiled accusation of racism.

He’s a liberal, like you. That’s what they do.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:39 PM

19,385 posts, read 6,537,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
All this angst regarding illegals.

Looks to me like people should be demanding that the house and senate make a plan about immigration. Something we can all live with. My preference would be to require any CIA agent who advocates the USA meddling in their home country should provide a home for the 1st thousand.

The first step would be to require all of them to watch Roy Beck.
I think Trump has the right idea. Given that 80% of the asylum claims are bogus, and so many don’t return for their hearings, they should wait in Mexico pending a hearing. It would be to America’s benefit.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:40 PM

63,162 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And out comes a liberal with a LIE and a not-so-veiled accusation of racism.

And P.S. Liberals fight tooth and nail to keep illegal aliens from being deported, no matter what, anyway. So once they’re here with their bogus claims, they know they’re here for good.
Asylum seeking is not a legal immigration process where one applies from their country fills out papers and waits to be accepted either. Asylum seeking may not be an illegal thing to do but it's not the above process. What bothers me but apparently not the one you replied to is that 80% of them are lying and making bogus asylum claims statistically. And what's with the Spanish speaking reference? It's a fact that most illegal aliens and asylum seekers are Spanish speakers but what does that have to do with anything other than playing the race card?

Old 05-20-2021, 03:41 PM

10,589 posts, read 4,118,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I don’t care. I support their asylum claims and desire to immigrate being handled according to the law regardless of where in the US they are temporarily residing.
They're children! They have no idea what asylum is. They probably were kidnapped from back home and forced to come here because border patrol would be less likely to stop an adult with a child than if they traveled alone.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:45 PM

33,595 posts, read 37,235,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
The issue is that he's allowed them to come here in the first place. Spreading them around doesn't solve the basic problem.

You can take a pile of manure and spread it over your garden but you still have the manure. Demented repulsive Biden seems to be particularly adept at being the manure-spreader-in-chief.
You are not being honest...Actually Biden is cleaning up the problem Trump created by separating kids from their families

Old 05-20-2021, 03:47 PM

43,442 posts, read 18,551,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
The issue is that he's allowed them to come here in the first place. Spreading them around doesn't solve the basic problem.

You can take a pile of manure and spread it over your garden but you still have the manure. Demented repulsive Biden seems to be particularly adept at being the manure-spreader-in-chief.
That's exactly what Obama did with the surge under his administration.
Spread them out and they become "forgotten citizens".

Old 05-20-2021, 03:51 PM

24,057 posts, read 15,181,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I think Trump has the right idea. Given that 80% of the asylum claims are bogus, and so many don’t return for their hearings, they should wait in Mexico pending a hearing. It would be to America’s benefit.
Leaving immigration up to each POTUS to enforce leaves the rest of us who have to deal with it and the cost at a disadvantage. And it has created massive problems.

The save the world liberals and the cheap labor conservatives are getting exactly what they want in a do nothing house and senate.

Too bad the rest of the USA has to deal with the problems on a daily basis. My state welcomed illegals and didn't keep track of the cost for many years. They probably couldn't tell us the cost to the taxpayers today.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:55 PM

7,176 posts, read 4,769,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Are asylum seekers who are waiting for their court dates illegal immigrants? I'm just asking... for a friend.
Everyone knows that these people are coached by the criminal traffickers making thousands per person. They’re given a script of exactly what to say in order to be classified as seeking asylum.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:57 PM

63,162 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
They're children! They have no idea what asylum is. They probably were kidnapped from back home and forced to come here because border patrol would be less likely to stop an adult with a child than if they traveled alone.
Kidnapping might be one of the reasons but I suspect that with most of them their parents sent them up here knowing full well under Biden's policies that they would be allowed into our country or their parents deserted them long ago and are here illegally themselves.

Old 05-20-2021, 04:01 PM

14,248 posts, read 4,631,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
All this angst regarding illegals.

Looks to me like people should be demanding that the house and senate make a plan about immigration. Something we can all live with. My preference would be to require any CIA agent who advocates the USA meddling in their home country should provide a home for the 1st thousand.

The first step would be to require all of them to watch Roy Beck.
From my personal experience working at the border right now, half of the migrants or asylum seekers in 2021 are from Brazil, Armenia, Haiti, India, Cuba, and former Soviet Bloc countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies