Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 09:16 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,767,504 times

Advertisements

I thought the earth was burning up according to you environmental zealots out there. Madman Gates wanted to spray dust into the atmosphere to block the sun to stop global warming. What the hell happened.

https://notrickszone.com/2021/05/14/...75c-since-2016

Old 05-22-2021, 09:43 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I thought the earth was burning up according to you environmental zealots out there. Madman Gates wanted to spray dust into the atmosphere to block the sun to stop global warming. What the hell happened.

What happened is that someone could bake a pie using all the cherries they have been picking from questionable extreme right sources.

Why do Republicans despise Western farmers and ranchers?

Old 05-22-2021, 09:44 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,767,504 times
Quote:

Why do Republicans despise Western farmers and ranchers?
I don’t hate any farmers and ranchers.

Old 05-22-2021, 09:59 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:

Now, now ......the NEW narrative is climate CHANGE.....

That way, any variations in what we think of as "normal" can be blamed on man, and therefore require a new tax to keep in check.

Get with the program....Global warming is so 2000's....

Old 05-22-2021, 10:07 AM

25,765 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Shhhh. This is not the official narrative. Telling leftists that the world is not in the process of incinerating won't fund the elite. Don't you know that?

Of course, at this point, the damage you have inflicted upon them is minimal. Pavlov's dogs need only the conditional stimulus of a voice from the for-profit organization Save The World From Incineration to get them back on the straight and narrow. We only have ten years to live, you know... unless you submit a sizeable donation to the coffers.

The big question is how long it will be before the conditioned stimulus is no longer effective and the leftists reach extinction in their conditioned response. Reports like yours is not helping. Al Gore is plotting your disappearance right now. He doesn't take kindly to his lifestyle funding hemorrhaging because of CD posters with this crazy notion that the world isn't about to spontaneously combust.

Old 05-22-2021, 10:13 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
I don’t hate any farmers and ranchers.
Oh, yes you do. The Western United States has been enduring a long drought with higher than average temperatures since 2000. Some years show some improvement, but it never lasts for long.

I have the misfortune to live on a farm in the middle of drought central here in the Southwest - an area known as the Four Corners. Last year the summer rains (aka the monsoon) failed us completely. The mountains in our region received as little as 37% of their normal winter snowpack. Come this Spring, our reservoirs proved to be dangerously low. In fact, they are the lowest they have ever been in recorded history.

We have been notified to expect only a single cutting of hay this year - in normal years we get four cuttings. I have put in my usual vegetable garden, but I think it's more of an act of masochism than it is anything else. Everything will just die when the irrigation water runs out in July the way they say it will.

Just about everyone now admits that our plight is mostly the result of global warming. Each year our average temps go up by a few more tenths of a degree. Doesn't sound like much, but after twenty one years and counting, it starts to add up.

The MSM outside this region has been largely ignoring our plight. Conservatives don't want to hear about it either because then they'd have to wrap their minds around the thought that global warming is actually a reality that impacts us now.

So keep reporting on your little factoids that claim climate change doesn't exist. Me, I think I'll start posting images of the dying farms as this summer progresses.

Old 05-22-2021, 10:26 AM

25,765 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Oh, yes you do. The Western United States has been enduring a long drought with higher than average temperatures since 2000. Some years show some improvement, but it never lasts for long.

I have the misfortune to live on a farm in the middle of drought central here in the Southwest - an area known as the Four Corners. Last year the summer rains (aka the monsoon) failed us completely. The mountains in our region received as little as 37% of their normal winter snowpack. Come this Spring, our reservoirs proved to be dangerously low. In fact, they are the lowest they have ever been in recorded history.

We have been notified to expect only a single cutting of hay this year - in normal years we get four cuttings. I have put in my usual vegetable garden, but I think it's more of an act of masochism than it is anything else. Everything will just die when the irrigation water runs out in July the way they say it will.

Just about everyone now admits that our plight is mostly the result of global warming. Each year our average temps go up by a few more tenths of a degree. Doesn't sound like much, but after twenty one years and counting, it starts to add up.

The MSM outside this region has been largely ignoring our plight. Conservatives don't want to hear about it either because then they'd have to wrap their minds around the thought that global warming is actually a reality that impacts us now.

So keep reporting on your little factoids that claim climate change doesn't exist. Me, I think I'll start posting images of the dying farms as this summer progresses.

And you know the wild thing is that there was never a drought on this planet prior to 1978.

Old 05-22-2021, 11:07 AM

1,052 posts, read 453,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

And why do you blame droughts on "climate change?" The western US is NOT a region with consistent and plentiful rainfall, it is located in between 2 rain shadow mountains. The native vegetation there is prepared to deal with droughts, they have evolved that way because there were obviously droughts in the distant past.

That proves there have been droughts throughout history well before industrialization. How do you explain those droughts happening minus the man-made climate change narrative?

Old 05-22-2021, 11:50 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
• In terms of the long history of the Earth we are actually still in an overarching ice age period - known as the Quaternary glaciation - which has been going for the last 2.6 million years. At the moment, the Earth is just in a slightly warmer period, an interglacial.
• There have been at least four other overarching ice ages in the Earth's history, the oldest started about 2,400 million years ago.
• The Little Ice Age was a climatic period, lasting from about 1300 to 1750, when worldwide temperatures cooled slightly, leading to extreme weather that, in turn, affected the colonizing ventures of Europeans in America.
The Earth is still warming from that Ice Age
The Earth cooled 0.1 degree, about the same as it has warmed since then

Old 05-22-2021, 11:57 AM

2,367 posts, read 910,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
That proves there have been droughts throughout history well before industrialization.
And the indian rain dance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies