Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 11:31 AM

27,668 posts, read 16,160,831 times

Advertisements

Unappreciative leech

Old 05-26-2021, 11:34 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
If Biden has his way he would be waving the Communist China flag. That would make his day!

Old 05-26-2021, 11:36 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,561,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
They come he legally for the most part, not like the present invasion
Ah, so if they arrived on the correct visas and then overstayed and worked illegally you'd welcome them with open arms? That seems arbitrary.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:38 AM

38,007 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
Interesting ……

Another illegal graduates, proudly waving the flag of the country he'd do anything not to be sent back to

It's spring graduations these days, and out come the illegals, proudly waving the flags of the nations they don't want to be sent back to.

That was the case again in San Diego, where one illegal immigrant, Javier Diego Jacinto, wildly waved the Mex. flag at his graduation from San Diego State University, touting his status as a DACA recipient

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...t_back_to.html
That's what is so confusing. If Mexico is so great, then freaking go back and live there. These people celebrate Mexico, but they won't actually do it in Mexico.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:42 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
See, that's you, and the great thing about this country, is if you want to waive a Canadian flag at your graduation or bar mitzvah or funeral, go ahead. Or don't. It's none of my business.

As you surely know, becoming a citizen of this country can be incredibly difficult. Nobody celebrates that illegal immigrants are here. The reality is, they are here, they've been here for decades, many had kids here, who are now American, or brought kids here, who know no home other than America. We can say "illegal immigration is wrong" while also saying "it is wrong to break up families, even if their parents broke the law".

Look, we give preferential treatment to all sorts of groups through our immigration policy, and it's good to discuss those policies. But the vast majority of Americans are American by virtue of their ancestors just freaking showing up at the shore without any sort of paperwork. So I have a hard time being too punitive on people who simply want what we all have.
Nations have borders for a reason, especially nations with a social welfare system. You cannot have social welfare and other public goods paid for by tax payers and then have open borders at the same time. This is something the politicians do not want to talk about.

People make choices, and life is rarely fair. I never decided to violate the laws in any nations I lived or put myself in a bad situation.

I was born in the U.S. and even my grandparents of both sides were born here in the States. I grew up in Germany, Japan, mainland China, and bunch of other countries. Very confusing, but i am a third culture kid.

In every one of those nations, if ANYONE overstayed their visa and was caught they would be deported. In some of them they might do some jail time, and then get deported. If ONE had a kid with another foreigner who was illegal, those kids would not have citizenship, and no one would think this was a human right violation. Either you respect the law, or you don't. There really is no gray area.

We never controlled the borders or developed a process to track people.

Some people say, "Oh,we need the labor from illegals”. No. We do not. If the farmers cannot grow these crops without exploiting illegal workers then basic economics tells us we no longer have a compare advantage and that work should be done in Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America, and it would be cheaper for us to buy it from them.

Last but not least, Democratic leadership mostly care about illegal immigrants because they know these people will have kids that will vote 2/3 Democratic. If the parents are legalized they will likely vote the same.

End Birth Right Immigration - most developed nations (approx. 90%) do not have it. It’s an antiquated system.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:44 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,789,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
I swear I had heard before that Mexico only sends us rapist and murderers. These kids are actually coming here and getting a college education? That is awesome. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news.
I think you only half listened.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:45 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I don't get it. why is he waving flag of the country he refuses to go back to?
Perhaps he was raised with this attitude/view:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista_(Mexico)

***shrug***

Old 05-26-2021, 11:47 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,572,432 times
Quote:
Interesting ……

Another illegal graduates, proudly waving the flag of the country he'd do anything not to be sent back to

It's spring graduations these days, and out come the illegals, proudly waving the flags of the nations they don't want to be sent back to.

That was the case again in San Diego, where one illegal immigrant, Javier Diego Jacinto, wildly waved the Mex. flag at his graduation from San Diego State University, touting his status as a DACA recipient

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...t_back_to.html
That’s great! He accomplished something most right wingers on here could never accomplish.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:49 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,561,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That's what is so confusing. If Mexico is so great, then freaking go back and live there. These people celebrate Mexico, but they won't actually do it in Mexico.
What's your heritage?

Unless it's native American, you don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:50 AM

727 posts, read 305,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That’s great! He accomplished something most right wingers on here could never accomplish.
Which is what? Serve in the military? Get a college degree, most have or be sexually irresponsible and get an abortion? Seems a little lefty to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies