Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 08:19 AM

10,813 posts, read 4,367,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Biden got half the world...and the entire liberal media...to say he was a moderate
....then did the typical liberal BS.....and went full blown flaming liberal after he was elected
Yep, Biden has made it very easy for Republicans in the midterms, very very easy.
Even the Independent voters will not be happy with Biden's tunnel vision.
Its hard to do worse than Obama-Biden 2010 (they lost 63 House seats, and 6 Senate seats), but anything is possible now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 09:20 AM

2,984 posts, read 1,169,646 times
The op know 2022 is going to be a blood bath for the dems so there going to be alot of these threads!

Old 05-28-2021, 09:24 AM

57,360 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Yep, Biden has made it very easy for Republicans in the midterms, very very easy.
Even the Independent voters will not be happy with Biden's tunnel vision.
Its hard to do worse than Obama-Biden 2010 (they lost 63 House seats, and 6 Senate seats), but anything is possible now.
I would expect the continuing support of the impeachment president along with blocking the Jan 6 investigation and the likes of Gaetz and Green to be a windfall for the democrats. Good luck swaying moderates with the behavior of republicans.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:24 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,561,771 times
Ryan is at least a fairly fiscally responsible conservative, an ideology the GOP seems to be rapidly abandoning.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:28 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,734,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
The op know 2022 is going to be a blood bath for the dems so there going to be alot of these threads!
The voter sentiment will be, but it remains to be seen how much of that disgust will survive the filters in place at the hands of the criminal Democrat machine.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:30 AM

11,226 posts, read 8,315,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
You mean the old GOP establishment that lost is mad that they are being over taken by the guy that won?

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Also, don't lie. You guys eviscerated Paul Ryan last time he had any power. Same with John McCain. Same with Mitt Romney. Same with Liz Cheney. You showed them no "respect."

Trumpism is here to stay, whether he's the mouthpiece for it or not. And it has cut SUBSTANTIALLY into the demographics that Democrats normally win. That's why they are fighting it so viciously.
You do understand that "they guy who won" has nothing to do with Trumpism or the old GOP. I think he stands firmly against Trumpism, and is ready to work with Patriotic GOP members when they are able to shed the shadow of Trump.

I didn't like Paul Ryan then or now, but he's at least sane, and while I don't agree with many of his policies, I do believe he had them because it is what HE thought was best for America. People can work accross the aisle with those types of differences. But when you have someone like Trump, who is a fraud, who can't be trusted, and has demonstrated he has loyalty to self over country, it is not in the best interest to cooperate in any way.

I will be happy when the GOP gets back to their stated values, and if this is a step in that direction, I support it. Functioning bi-partisanship is actually what our founders had in mind.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:33 AM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/27/polit...ans/index.html

Very nice to see more respected people within the R party stand up to the orange maniac and attempt to bring the R party back to a respected conservative constitutional party.

We've clearly seen the percentage of Rs accepting reality, rationality, and democracy increasing since 1/6, and I hope to see that trend continue.
He was always a #nevertrumper, why do you think that even when repubs controlled the house and Senate, Trump could not move his agenda?

Ryan publicly admits he's join the ranks of other losers like Bill Kristol, John Kasich, John "Ahab" McCain, and George Will, etc...

Old 05-28-2021, 09:36 AM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Ryan is at least a fairly fiscally responsible conservative, an ideology the GOP seems to be rapidly abandoning.
Have you seen the trillions in deficit spending the Ryan controlled House passed? "Fiscally conservative" my ass.

Paul Ryan's terrible legacy

On Oct. 29, 2015, when he became speaker, through the end of 2018, the total public debt outstanding rose from $18.1 trillion to $21.8 trillion. In other words, national debt rose by more than a trillion dollars per year under Ryan’s leadership.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:39 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,833,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Not really. Trump's core message was telling angry old white men that they were special.
I am talking facts not what you think Trumps core message was.
Regardless of whether Trump hurt your feelings or not, The FACT is he received more minority votes , Blacks, Hispanic, Gays.... than any other Republican Presidential candidate since DWIGHT D EISENHOWER! That's 68 YEARS ! That's actually expanding the party, That is making it the Big Tent !
He won the border towns and counties in Texas that are 95 % Hispanic 52 - 47 over Biden. You know the ones that are turning the state blue?
So spare us the nonsense about Paul Ryan , Mitt Romney or McCain the only thing they have done that Trump didnt was lose! Yeah thats good strategy ! Lets go back to that!

Old 05-28-2021, 09:55 AM

11,226 posts, read 8,315,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Have you seen the trillions in deficit spending the Ryan controlled House passed? "Fiscally conservative" my ass.

Paul Ryan's terrible legacy

On Oct. 29, 2015, when he became speaker, through the end of 2018, the total public debt outstanding rose from $18.1 trillion to $21.8 trillion. In other words, national debt rose by more than a trillion dollars per year under Ryan’s leadership.

As bad as that was, deficit spending under Trump's direction increased to all-time highs.

#perspective
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies