Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 11:20 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,618,630 times

Advertisements

W/ Gov DeSantis it seems he has a solid sensible hold on how the rest of this country is doing or rather IS NOT DOING. The rest of US seem fixated on political narratives & now Maoists -- not eve Marxists -- agendas as was previously their agenda & rhetoric.

So, I considered 3 places as solid reclocation points for conservative patriot Christians from FL including FL as the 1st state of measure. The Appalachian Redoubt aka Cumberland Plateau region as #2, & the far Pac NW Redoubt states enclave of WY, ID, MT & the eastern -- NOT THE WESTERN HALVES (think Seattle & Portland, OR) SODOM & GOMORRAH -- halves of OREGON & WASHINGTON states & of course, w/ a Constitutional Governor, now Florida seems creme da la creme.

My concern though, is what'll be of FL, if Gov DeSantis runs in 2024 for Prez & wins? In essence who will succeeed him & carry 'the torch' to keep FL strong Constitutionally strong, & henceforth on the straight & narrow of the Founding Fathers' beliefs? Anyone chime in?

This has soo much bearing on the economy of the state, its' demographics, the job openings, the revenue generated in what has always been thought of as ONLY a tourist driven, low wage, economy state & a retirement state. It need be revamped into a Constitutional Powerhouse & hi tech-oriented bastion, drawing more lucrative tech business & sophisticated technological solutions-oriented jobs making it invariably, the "Silicone Valley" of the future & the hub of east coast operations for high-tech models & companies.

FL is NOT a backward, redneck, hillbilly, do-what-now state, but rather a state primed for position in a US & even potential Global power -- creating development & innovation by virtue of the employers it attracts. Don't blow it FL, you're on a fast track to building a financial epicenter for business of the future & becoming a formative -- if not dominant -- leader in the sagging US economy.

The Gov himself has alot to do w/ recovery business-wise in this state, & as I be an outsider of FL, I commend thee on these monumental adjustments & political moves rendering this state as a model & forerunner -- in what THE REST of the US should model itself after to rebuild this country from a '3rd world to be' to a once proud Superpower again.

Governor, you have my vote & a plethora of others around this country I've spoken w/, should you choose to run for Prez in '24!

Old 06-03-2021, 11:52 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,055,705 times
...Someone's put their head a little too far into the QoolAid bowl

Old 06-04-2021, 12:18 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,618,630 times
No, I think I'm on to something that has exudes potential. I see you're from S. Cal & thus unsure if you've been brainwashed into Cali left wing politics. I'm a catholic & define by Christianity. Thus my thoughts are, the rest of this country is anti-Christian & no, it is NOT a Koolaid thing. Rather, it is fact.

Also today's conspiracies become tomorrow's truths, yet liberals will say, "oh well, that was just an EXCEPTION, but nothing more". Never admitting the truth nevermind the frank reality. Bunk I say, pure bs. But go on w/ yer bad selves liberals thinking that what is real is fake & what is black is white & what is up is down.

In essence rewriting thelaws of rreality let alone physics. Koolaid? I'll have another Scotch please, .

Old 06-04-2021, 06:33 AM

396 posts, read 417,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
...Someone's put their head a little too far into the QoolAid bowl
Go back to the Cali boards. They're doing so much better there.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:43 AM

331 posts, read 182,367 times
Worst part about Desantis is how many weirdos like this one he attracts. He's a bought and sold politician like the rest of them. Only difference is he's a better speaker, that's it.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:50 AM

18,454 posts, read 8,282,661 times
....a better speaker and more practical common sense

Old 06-04-2021, 08:28 AM

1,049 posts, read 961,336 times
DeSantis is not some savior, he has some commonsense and governs for the most part on what he thinks is best for the state, which is more than I can say about his predecessor. I think he's gotten some things wrong and other things he's handled well. He is less corrupt than Rick Scott, which is a plus. But I don't really understand this obsession with him, is he the best Republican politician out there or something?

Old 06-04-2021, 08:50 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
DeSantis is not some savior, he has some commonsense and governs for the most part on what he thinks is best for the state, which is more than I can say about his predecessor. I think he's gotten some things wrong and other things he's handled well. He is less corrupt than Rick Scott, which is a plus. But I don't really understand this obsession with him, is he the best Republican politician out there or something?
The so-called "obession" is NOT an obession - rather he has done extremely well for Florida. Especially the way he has handled the pandemic. He has boosted teacher pay and he has done many things for the environment. He has press conferences all over the state and everywhere he goes he never fails to visit and promote small businesses there. He has kept Florida feeling like the AMERICA I know and love; which is disappearing from the blue states. He stands up for our freedoms. I am 71, Florida born and raised, always considered myself basically non-partisan, but IMO he is one of the best governors we have ever had, maybe the best. I am not the only one who feels this way. He has not only garnered national attention, but GLOBAL attention. So maybe this answers your question a bit?

Old 06-04-2021, 09:19 AM

3,439 posts, read 2,414,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
No, I think I'm on to something that has exudes potential. I see you're from S. Cal & thus unsure if you've been brainwashed into Cali left wing politics. I'm a catholic & define by Christianity. Thus my thoughts are, the rest of this country is anti-Christian & no, it is NOT a Koolaid thing. Rather, it is fact.

Also today's conspiracies become tomorrow's truths, yet liberals will say, "oh well, that was just an EXCEPTION, but nothing more". Never admitting the truth nevermind the frank reality. Bunk I say, pure bs. But go on w/ yer bad selves liberals thinking that what is real is fake & what is black is white & what is up is down.

In essence rewriting thelaws of rreality let alone physics. Koolaid? I'll have another Scotch please, .
I'm not anti-christian. I'm anti-anyone who uses their religion or rejection of religion as a weapon to create violence on anyone else. We can start with the Egyptians and the Pharoah proclaiming himself God and therefore qualified and authorized to take boys from their mothers as his personal sex slaves, and move on to the Crusades, and then to the Holocaust, and then the stoning of gay men, the mass shootings, the terrorist attacks on America by Isis, the terrorist attacks on America by Americans, all in the name of "this is what my god says I should do" or "you are not Christian therefore you must die."

My spouse is Catholic. My inlaws are Catholic. I'm Jewish, my neighbors are Christians of a variety of types, I lived with a hijab-wearing Muslim woman in college. I don't hate Christians. I hate people who PRETEND to be Christians, but ignore everything their god and their savior has tried to teach them.

In short, I hate hypocrites.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:16 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,055,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post

I'm a Catholic too. I like to mix my traditional rituals with progressive/universalist theology. I actually attend Mass at a church here in the Los Angeles Area where it is conducted in Latin.

Theologically, I prefer Pope Francis and Fr. Richard Rohr, who are more in line with other universalists.

I am Mexican American background. One side is pure Spanish blood and the other is rich in Mayan and Aztec genes. On my Spanish side, I have an ancestor that traces all of the way back to the Coptic Church in Egypt. So, my roots in Christianity are deep too.

Politically, I am a moderate Democrat. I like innovation, competition and capitalism, but I also care about the environment and climate change, workplace regulations and having a robust social safety net.

I have gay family members that I love and accept 100%

I know women who've had abortions and I do not judge them. It was what worked for them at that time in their lives. That doesn't mean I believe in abortion, I just don't want to see it become unsafe again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _burrito View Post
Go back to the Cali boards. They're doing so much better there.
Yes, I live in Southern California. Yes, I love it here. Could California do things better in many aspects? Sure! ...Now, tell me a place that's perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies