Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 10:01 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I would bet you want the blacks in our country to move on from their days of being enslaved. Am I right?
Off-topic response to your off-topic post. You want Jews to move on from the Nazis and the Holocaust, a mere 80 years ago, and from current day antisemitism, while it's A-OK for the black psyche to remains stuck in slavery that ended 155 years ago.

Last edited by jazzarama; 06-27-2021 at 10:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 10:15 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, and take that situation out further: The antisemitic Arabs kicked out nearly a million Jews from their homes throughout the Middle East, many if not most of whom found refugee in Israel. Now the Arabs want to wipe Israel out to sea, making the children and grandchildren of those expelled from Arab countries homeless again.

And yet, some posters here are intent on focusing on ONLY what the Jews are doing. Any attempt to show that Muslims have treated Jews much, much worse as a means of demonstrating the double standard is meant with a face palm and accusations of “whataboutism.”
Let's get the State Department 'double standard' example of antisemitism straight:

"Applying double standards by requiring of Israel a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation."

I don't know which nations are considered 'democratic,' but I understand English well enough to know that definition of antisemitic should apply only when Israel is compared to certain other nations, not to acts perpetrated against Jews or Israel by Arabs generally or non-democratic nations.

Old 06-27-2021, 10:27 AM

2,067 posts, read 1,866,238 times
Quote:
^^^ What Israel is doing to the Palestinian people is similar to the Jewish ghettos in Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_ghettos_in_Europe

Really!? My parents, when their families were forced to leave their homes and property and live in the ghetto, were forbidden to get food, have schooling, or medical care, and only allowed to work as slave labor for the Nazis.

Afterwards, they forced them to the concentration camps where they were murdered or made to work as slaves. Or just murdered them in the ghetto.

What a cruel, ignorant comparison!

Old 06-27-2021, 12:02 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
You need to quit playing the anti-Semitism card. The Nazis are long gone. Time for the Jews to move on and take responsibility for their actions.
Ah-ha....and here we have it. ^^^ You just proved it with your contemptuous smack against “the Jews.”

While I’ve said repeatedly that criticism of specific Israeli policy is not necessarily antisemitic, the broad, sweeping venom some posters spew for Israel above any and all other countries is indeed driven by hostility and prejudice toward Jews. (Particularly chilling since antisemitism is on the upswing both here and abroad, and Jews in fact are the most likely minority to be victimized by hate crimes.)

I wonder if this liberal poster tells “the blacks”, with disdain, that they need to stop playing the racist card, move on, and take responsibility for their actions.

Liberals are such hypocrites, and they can’t help but reveal it. The only way to really know if a particular liberal is driven by anti-Jew sentiment in his fury to condemn Israel is to let him talk. He’ll tell you.

Old 06-27-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
Really!? My parents, when their families were forced to leave their homes and property and live in the ghetto, were forbidden to get food, have schooling, or medical care, and only allowed to work as slave labor for the Nazis.

Afterwards, they forced them to the concentration camps where they were murdered or made to work as slaves. Or just murdered them in the ghetto.

What a cruel, ignorant comparison!
Yes, and comparisons of Israel to Nazi Germany is not only the most nasty, insulting swipe an Israel-hater can take against Jews, but the State Department specifically said that such comparisons are antisemitic.

Old 06-27-2021, 01:04 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Let's get the State Department 'double standard' example of antisemitism straight:

"Applying double standards by requiring of Israel a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation."

I don't know which nations are considered 'democratic,' but I understand English well enough to know that definition of antisemitic should apply only when Israel is compared to certain other nations, not to acts perpetrated against Jews or Israel by Arabs generally or non-democratic nations.
I’m more bothered by the weird interpretation of the language from State as if it is some equivalent to the Fairness Doctrine.

‘Israel is doing x wrong, here’s evidence’
‘You didn’t also say what the Arabs did wrong and try to find research to prove it! ANTISEMITIC!’

Old 06-27-2021, 04:31 PM

716 posts, read 357,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Ah-ha....and here we have it. ^^^ You just proved it with your contemptuous smack against “the Jews.”

While I’ve said repeatedly that criticism of specific Israeli policy is not necessarily antisemitic, the broad, sweeping venom some posters spew for Israel above any and all other countries is indeed driven by hostility and prejudice toward Jews. (Particularly chilling since antisemitism is on the upswing both here and abroad, and Jews in fact are the most likely minority to be victimized by hate crimes.)

I wonder if this liberal poster tells “the blacks”, with disdain, that they need to stop playing the racist card, move on, and take responsibility for their actions.

Liberals are such hypocrites, and they can’t help but reveal it. The only way to really know if a particular liberal is driven by anti-Jew sentiment in his fury to condemn Israel is to let him talk. He’ll tell you.
Yes. And the poster that you're referring to, "jojayn" has a looooong history of such Jew-hate on this forum. Goes back many, many years. She once even said that Jews are murdering Palestinians to harvest their organs.
She violates repeatedly the internationally-accepted definition of anti-Semitism. I just don't understand ho this is permissable.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
Yes. And the poster that you're referring to, "jojayn" has a looooong history of such Jew-hate on this forum. Goes back many, many years. She once even said that Jews are murdering Palestinians to harvest their organs.
She violates repeatedly the internationally-accepted definition of anti-Semitism. I just don't understand ho this is permissable.
Jojayn is a woman??

Did you catch how she compared Israel to Nazi Germany, and then when a Jewish poster who had lost family to Nazis said how awful a comparison that is, Jojayn said “the Nazis were a long time ago” and it’s time to move on?

So IOW, she compares Israel to Nazis, a Jew objects, and she says basically says Nazis were a long time ago....get over it.

SMH. But the positive news is that when an Israel-hater is that obvious with her Jew-hate, I know to stop engaging with her. But it does prove that in some cases at least, anti-Israel hatred is driven by antisemitism.

I rest my case.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:13 PM

18,471 posts, read 15,259,695 times
I just saw Quentin Tarantino on a tv show, talking about how he immigrated to Israel. He lives in Tel Aviv.

So I looked up some other articles and interviews. He seems to really love it there. He says nothing about this "discrimination" that non-Jews face there, that people on this thread are always talking about.

Strange, considering he didn't convert to Judaism not does he have any intention of doing so. Why doesn't he feel like a victim of bigotry, like some of the people here say that he should?

Old 06-27-2021, 09:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It depends on the situation. I wouldn't ever apply that to all black people, as you did with Jews.

The ones that want something from me, yes. Get over it, and leave me alone. When it comes to the ones that don't want anything from me, it's really none of my business what they think.

Maybe you can apply the same logic to Jews, instead of lumping them all into one group.
I like Jews who don't oppress Palestinian people or kill Palestinian children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies