Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2021, 03:45 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,763,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I mean it already has to some extent.

Look, countries with the least diversity have the least crime, and countries with the most have the most crime.

Nigeria, Honduras, Brazil, Mexico, Uganda, etc. are all ethnically diverse countries with a great amount of infighting. American policy has usually been about maintaining a certain demographic makeup (before 1965).

After 1965 we saw a jump in crime, and then it lowered after 1994 (crime bill). But the prison population skyrocketed so all that did was move crime from the streets to the prison yard. It was just a cap on a problem that continues to grow.

Diversity is not good for the migrants or the citizens of this country. It will not end well, I am sorry.
I like how you used all those words just to say "i don't want brown people being let in the country".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 06:03 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No.

Freedom of movement and freedom of association are absolute natural rights.
Huh? There is no natural right of freedom of movement from one country to another without a visa or permission from their government. We all have internationally recognized borders. Go ahead an exercise your so-called freedom of movement and try doing it without abiding by the immigration laws of any country and see where that gets you! You're ridiculous!

Old 10-07-2021, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I mean I guess it really depends on your view. Me personally, I don't think immigration is a net positive for us citizens or the country as a whole, unless the immigrants bring critically needed skills to our country a skill which this country needs. Some people think that immigrants are brought it to decrease the social cohesion which comes with a homogeneous society. Could be true. That being said I don't think immigrants are out to destroy our way of life or anything we don't have to villainize people, but criticizing immigration shouldn't be taboo or considered xenophobic imo.
Illegal aliens are destroying our way of life in many ways and they should be villanized. I have nothing against legal immigrants in reasonable numbers whom have skills we actually need, won't be a fiscal burden and assimilate into our society. The word xenophobic, etc. doesn't apply to any of the above.

Old 10-07-2021, 08:04 AM

15,869 posts, read 6,569,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Can't compare legal to illegal immigration.
The thread is not about legality of the immigration, so your point is off topic.

Old 10-07-2021, 08:39 AM

1,952 posts, read 831,431 times
I think that is the left's plan.

Overwhelm the system with dependent immigrants.

Old 10-07-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The thread is not about legality of the immigration, so your point is off topic.
You might want to re-read the title of this thread. It's about both legal and illegal immigration.

Old 10-07-2021, 12:01 PM

7,406 posts, read 3,554,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Only weak people don't support open-borders.
23, or in that range. Am I right?

Old 10-07-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
23, or in that range. Am I right?
I'd say more like 15 or 16 years old. Can that poster possibly make more idiotic remarks?

Old 10-08-2021, 08:00 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,607,082 times
Quote:
Can we agree that a massive influx of immigrants, legal or otherwise, will destabilize the social fabric of America?
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No.

Freedom of movement and freedom of association are absolute natural rights.
Can we imagine all humans (homo sapiens) still residing on the continent of Africa? That would be wild. As that would be zero migration since the dawn of man.

If people were not curious beings we'd still be trying to figure out how to make fire by rubbing two stones or sticks together --- and yet since the formation of government(s), it's like you're free to work on that, but just do it in your own neck of the woods. [then you must share your knowledge with us as we are global]

Science says humans are naturally social animals, but judging by the comments concerning human migration, science may need to rethink that analogy. Seems humans have turned more into more possessive creatures than social ones.

Go figure evolution ...

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-08-2021 at 08:12 AM..

Old 10-08-2021, 08:04 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,607,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
As long as we all respect each other's lives, liberty and private property, we can all get along fairly well. The problem is that the vast majority of illegals flooding our country don't understand/value our Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution. The invasion is by design.
Okay now that's just crazy ... Illegals have nothing to do with present day government's overreach in powers. That's us, we did that.
PS: to sit idle and do nothing while our government disrespects the Constitution --- then blame the others, that's just wrong.
Government did the illegal thing and government did the invasion thing in description, so as to define other human beings that are the same as you, but you're not suppose to like. People have fallen for it, how funny for them.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-08-2021 at 08:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies