Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 12:07 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times

Advertisements

Great one from Tatum and the first comment is spot on.

This is how freedom dies in America. "I just got used to it."

Faceless, expressionless zombies wandering around for LITERALLY no reason. People have lost critical thinking skills.

For you people who say "we were just following the science," what is the science now? This proves that masks are much more emotional than logical and have been all along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlVFU-9MJ8M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 12:11 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,498,105 times
Why does it matter to you what choices someone else makes? Maybe they are immunocompromised, maybe they don't want to catch other airborne diseases, maybe they just want to **** you off. Wind your neck in and mind your own business...

Old 06-10-2021, 12:13 PM

7,369 posts, read 3,533,397 times
Parents around here had enough and now the schools say masks are optional. Almost no elementary and middle school kids wear masks in my district. I heard that there were a few teachers who were quite upset about the decision.

Old 06-10-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Why does it matter to you what choices someone else makes? Maybe they are immunocompromised, maybe they don't want to catch other airborne diseases, maybe they just want to **** you off. Wind your neck in and mind your own business...
I care when my fellow Americans do idiotic things just because the government told them.

These people are going to grow up and run the country someday.

And I don't care if they are an inch from death, masks aren't going to stop viral transmission!

Old 06-10-2021, 12:16 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailord View Post
They are losing though........ Even some schools are not forcing this crap anymore........

It does seem like SOME PEOPLE are starting to wake up and realise!!
Or maybe no one wanted to wear masks forever.

Old 06-10-2021, 12:17 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
It’s a real thing..I waited the full 2 weeks after my 2nd shot and still I felt weird walking into a store with no mask. I wore it into Target and saw about half were not wearing them, then the grocery store I didn’t wear it and it was great. Now I don’t think about it. These people are just in a habit. I see no reason to mock them.

Old 06-10-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It’s a real thing..I waited the full 2 weeks after my 2nd shot and still I felt weird walking into a store with no mask. I wore it into Target and saw about half were not wearing them, then the grocery store I didn’t wear it and it was great. Now I don’t think about it. These people are just in a habit. I see no reason to mock them.
Blocking your airways and walking around like a dunce with a napkin on your face should ONLY be done if there is an ACTUAL reason to.

If you are doing it out of "habit" or tradition, that is quite telling! These people are nuts.

Old 06-10-2021, 12:30 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Yup... it's crazy. The mask mandate has been lifted in Illinois and many people are still wearing masks in Chicago... some are even wearing them outside! I saw a few kids the other day taking a field trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo and they were wearing masks outside!! It was like 90 out that day. That's just abuse.

Old 06-10-2021, 12:38 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
I think masks perform the same function for adults as security blankies do for toddlers.

Old 06-10-2021, 12:40 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
Meanwhile in reality, mask mandates are being eased or eliminated. It's sad when one lives in an alternate universe.

If mandates have been eased or eliminated and people still opt to wear masks - why do you care? How does this impact you? How do you know why someone is choosing to wear a mask? If someone has a stem cell transplant tomorrow and opts to wear a mask for the next few months what business is it of yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies