Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 06:07 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Compare transmission rates in high density APAC countries with strong pre-existing mask cultures(due to prior outbreaks) and high usage and get back to me.
just read the last statement, it wins the stupid Olympics. In her/his/their world viruses that are in your body just fly out of them without having to attach themselves to larger saliva particles or mucus, the virus jus flies off like they are in the CDC hot zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 06:14 PM

6,119 posts, read 4,611,100 times
If fully vaccinated, healthy people choose to just stick with the basic minimal CDC guidelines which are now shifting towards those folks (not unvaccinated people) being able to not wear masks in many settings, that's their choice.

But strangers don't know the health status of the folks who are going above and beyond that and wearing masks, nor their family's health status or why they may be choosing to wear a mask. As others have also stated earlier, it really isn't anyone's business and it doesn't impact those who are not wearing masks. And given the nasty attitudes of the people who have been anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers and haven't done anything for the last 1+ year to show even the slightest degree of empathy, help, or respect towards anyone around them when things have been much more dire than they are now, if they feel uncomfortable seeing someone in a mask, I really don't care.

If I decided wearing a mask was a good decision for me, for whatever reason, what they think would be the absolute least of my worries.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:15 PM

1,465 posts, read 623,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
There have been plenty of times in my life when I've encountered people without masks and formed the same exact opinion.....
Except masks are useless.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:20 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
I really feel sorry for the children who although not at risk, have been needlessly terrorized through it all. Going forward, I suspect the treatment of various mental illnesses to be a burgeoning industry

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 06-10-2021 at 06:33 PM..

Old 06-10-2021, 06:31 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Except masks are useless.
And just now a symbol of Wokeness and being a Democrat. Sad that people are so easily manipulated by the MEDIA.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:36 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I care when my fellow Americans do idiotic things just because the government told them.

These people are going to grow up and run the country someday.

And I don't care if they are an inch from death, masks aren't going to stop viral transmission!

As a Libertarian if someone wants to wear a mask or not wear one should be their choice or a business if they want to enforce such a thing. Never a mandate by the government. If someone is brainwashed I really don't care. Kind of tired of mask talk since they are not required hardly anywhere at this point.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:31 PM

3,648 posts, read 1,602,875 times
"Federal law requires all airline passengers in the U.S. to wear a face mask in airports and on board."

Old 06-10-2021, 09:26 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
And I don't care if they are an inch from death
How magnanimous of you.

Quote:
Blocking your airways and walking around like a dunce with a napkin on your face should ONLY be done if there is an ACTUAL reason to.
If you're walking around like a dunce, that's on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Basically.
It's a face tampon for the insecure.
Do you know what a tampon is, how it's used, and what it does? Seems like you don't if you're comparing a face mask to a tampon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I mean, we have some seriously dumb people in this world. You slapping a piece of cloth over your face to “stop a virus” particle, is as idiotic as putting up a chain link fence to stop mosquitoes from coming into your yard.
You know what's really seriously dumb? Parroting the same false equivalency over and over again.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:39 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,734,097 times
Americans love their new, imported quirky nerdy germaphobe culture.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:13 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailord View Post
This mask craziness didnt start until 2020,its utterly ridiculous and takes all emotions away...... Its horrible whats going on,just horrible!!

How the hell does a mask "take your emotions away"? That doesn't even make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies