Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 06:41 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
E verify is no better then using stolen Social Security numbers.
Since when is sanctuary cities calling ICE when they have a known illegal alien in their custody doing the federal government's job? LE agencies often cooperate with each other and well they should. It helps keep crime off the streets! These pro-illegal fools disgust me!

I'm sure just like at the federal level the Democrat Texas state Reps. and Senators are blocking a mandated e-verify for their state also. Remember there has to be a filibuster proof majority to pass any legislation not a simple majority. Many employers pay their illegal workers in cash so how does e-verify stop that? There are no records with SS numbers to check with e-verify.

Irregardless not all illegals are coming here to work, thus the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 07:12 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Since when is sanctuary cities calling ICE when they have a known illegal alien in their custody doing the federal government's job? LE agencies often cooperate with each other and well they should. It helps keep crime off the streets! These pro-illegal fools disgust me!

I'm sure just like at the federal level the Democrat Texas state Reps. and Senators are blocking a mandated e-verify for their state also. Remember there has to be a filibuster proof majority to pass any legislation not a simple majority. Many employers pay their illegal workers in cash so how does e-verify stop that? There are no records with SS numbers to check with e-verify.

Irregardless not all illegals are coming here to work, thus the wall.
How long does it take the feds to pick up and reimburse the local LE for hold ing illegals? It's a problem in my county.

Seems like it would be far easier to have one BP patrol assigned to picking up illegals at the county jail every day rather than catching them crossing. But sometimes it take many days.

I understand we are all paying for it. Which pocket shall I release the tax money from, state or local.

Texas has some of the highest property and sales taxes in the country. Now the state will want more to build a wall.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:19 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Your posts are just a firehose of recycled leftist propaganda. Do you have anything original of your own? You know, like actual experiences in Texas and along the border? Got any unique ideas derived from said real world experience here?

I'd love to hear about something that you came up with on your own instead of being pelted with your moveon.org archives like a 10 yr old grinding the handle on a Nerf gattling gun.
Well said, but I wish you luck in ever getting anything more than stale links, emotional hyperbole, and snark out of that one.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:26 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Sorry, I don't make stuff up. I provide real references to real life events, a.k.a facts.
No you don't. You create nothing and you have no ideas of your own. Absolutely no intellectual contribution to the subjects here. Your fingers could be replaced with a bot that scans CD posts for keywords, indexes into the aggregated leftist database of memes, shallow thought bites, out of context half-truths, stale links and biased stats accumulated since 2008.

Old 06-14-2021, 01:37 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/greg-a...disregard-laws Thank you Gov Abbott for protecting Texas, because Biden won’t. Harris won’t even visit to see the disaster they created. Thank you Democrats for destroying the USA.
Dems created? Thats all Trump’s mess that was inherited. In Fl yesterday some inmate scaled a 15 ft wall and another one like in 10 min eventually they caught him trying to get an Uber. Some towns in Texas share both countries. Saw some video where they went from Mex to USA and back in a “man pulled” ferry for $4 . yes there was border patrol - but easy peasey crossing. Another area, a mobile park tenant in Texas, was watching illegals cross over, yet the association has not built a bigger wall and the tenants all had open car windows, lawnmowers, screened porches, tools etc etc all in the open. Did not see them hiding in fear or everything locked up . Political facts vs truth.

Old 06-14-2021, 01:51 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
Anyone who keeps repeating nonsense over and over should be disparaged.

Of course you couldn't refute a damned thing that I said in my post so you refused to do it! How the hell is our border wall a prison for American citizens? Do we have guards on the border stopping them from going into Mexico if they want to? How is that comparative to a prison then? What part of legal ports of entry and exit don't you get? Do prisoners in prison have that same option?
Bolded is agreed upon. So stop repeating your disparaging comments . It's a great way to be pigeonholed as an ignorant being.

The wall is window dressing. Period. There is no wall big enough to stop stupidity. Otherwise you'd probably see one being done in your neck of the woods.

Old 06-14-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Bolded is agreed upon. So stop repeating your disparaging comments . It's a great way to be pigeonholed as an ignorant being.

The wall is window dressing. Period. There is no wall big enough to stop stupidity. Otherwise you'd probably see one being done in your neck of the woods.
The truth is disparaging comments now? Well yes, I guess to a liberal that can't or won't refute the truth they are.

Takes a special kind of lame brain to be provided a link from Homeland Security denoting that the good walls are 90% effective and still remain in denial. There are no truths no matter from how many viable sources that are provided to a liberal to not be called stupid to constantly be denying them. There are walls not too far from me on the Calif. border that have reduced illegal entry and drugs significantly.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/10/29/...-and-smugglers

In one short 12 mile section in the San Diego Sector, the wall reduced CBP manpower requirements by 150 agents every 24 hours. That is approximately a $28 million return on investment per year in salaries and benefits. These agents were redeployed to fill resource gaps in other areas of the border -- further improving our security.

CBP’s San Diego Field Office continues to be a significant source of narcotics seizures. From FY 19 to FY 20, seizures of fentanyl, marijuana, and methamphetamine all increased, with meth seizures jumping at alarming rates in the past several years – demonstrating that the border wall is forcing drug smugglers to where we are best prepared to catch them – our ports of entry.

Old 06-14-2021, 02:26 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
The truth is disparaging comments now? Well yes, I guess to a liberal that can't or won't refute the truth they are.

Takes a special kind of lame brain to be provided a link from Homeland Security denoting that the good walls are 90% effective and still remain in denial. There are no truths no matter from how many viable sources that are provided to a liberal to not be called stupid to constantly be denying them. There are walls not too far from me on the Calif. border that have reduced illegal entry and drugs significantly.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/10/29/...-and-smugglers

In one short 12 mile section in the San Diego Sector, the wall reduced CBP manpower requirements by 150 agents every 24 hours. That is approximately a $28 million return on investment per year in salaries and benefits. These agents were redeployed to fill resource gaps in other areas of the border -- further improving our security.

CBP’s San Diego Field Office continues to be a significant source of narcotics seizures. From FY 19 to FY 20, seizures of fentanyl, marijuana, and methamphetamine all increased, with meth seizures jumping at alarming rates in the past several years – demonstrating that the border wall is forcing drug smugglers to where we are best prepared to catch them – our ports of entry.
Thank you! Glad they are manning that wall.

Old 06-15-2021, 05:11 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
No you don't. You create nothing and you have no ideas of your own. Absolutely no intellectual contribution to the subjects here. Your fingers could be replaced with a bot that scans CD posts for keywords, indexes into the aggregated leftist database of memes, shallow thought bites, out of context half-truths, stale links and biased stats accumulated since 2008.
I think she is one of our posters who are paid by some dem group.

Old 06-15-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Thank you! Glad they are manning that wall.
Yep, with a lot fewer Border Patrol needed in those areas since only 10% might succeed in breaching them while 90% won't. Winning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies