Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 02:05 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
What do they teach kids about the Cultural Revolution in Chinese school?

My history book says it was a mistake made by Mao. And all of China used the same textbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 03:00 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
My history book says it was a mistake made by Mao. And all of China used the same textbook.
A mistake... but do young people in China find out what it was? Do they know what actually went on in that era?

Old 06-16-2021, 06:12 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
True. Progressives, who are already known to be embarrassingly ignorant of history, discovered the Tulsa race riot just recently and assert their ignorance as evidence of a "cover-up."
great and accurate description.

Old 06-16-2021, 06:13 AM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZwli4WdZmI

This is a wake-up call to anyone who denies what is going on here.

This was a follow-up interview to her appearance before a Virginia school board:

Virginia Mom Who Survived Mao's China Blasts School Board For Supporting Communist CRT : US : Christianity Daily
This woke stuff we are seeing is very similar to nazis and communist. Yikes. It looks scary.

Old 06-16-2021, 06:18 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Talk to people that managed to LEGALLY emigrate here from Communist or former Communist countries. Eastern Europe, Cuba, China, etc and see what they all say about where the U.S. is going. They have lived through this before and it scares them and should scare us. The Democrats are the new Fasco-Communists.

Old 06-16-2021, 06:50 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Talk to people that managed to LEGALLY emigrate here from Communist or former Communist countries. Eastern Europe, Cuba, China, etc and see what they all say about where the U.S. is going. They have lived through this before and it scares them and should scare us. The Democrats are the new Fasco-Communists.
There are plenty of people living here today in the US who have no clue what is going on. What is there to be learned from random people who happen to come from a certain country?

Old 06-16-2021, 07:00 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What is that saying -- something like "There are none so blind as those who will not see?"

Old 06-16-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZwli4WdZmI

This is a wake-up call to anyone who denies what is going on here.

This was a follow-up interview to her appearance before a Virginia school board:

Virginia Mom Who Survived Mao's China Blasts School Board For Supporting Communist CRT : US : Christianity Daily
First thing is first. CRT is not communist. Communism is mainly the bougoussie vs prolatetiat or the workers. CRT has nothing to do with communism. In matter of fact CRT and communism are incompatible. But yes when society wants to undue and over throw culture. You will have book burnings, destruction of monuments other forms of iconoclasism and what language one is supposed to use. Nazis, communist, islamist and even Christians during the late stage Roman empire. What I find funny and interesting is that thr capitalist class of America supports and defends CRT and Antiracism ideology. Do you think capitalist want to support Bernie sanders? Lol hell no. Capitalist rather wave a BLM or lgbt flag vs waving a red flag with a symbol at its sides or its core.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:43 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
First thing is first. CRT is not communist. Communism is mainly the bougoussie vs prolatetiat or the workers. CRT has nothing to do with communism. In matter of fact CRT and communism are incompatible. But yes when society wants to undue and over throw culture. You will have book burnings, destruction of monuments other forms of iconoclasism and what language one is supposed to use. Nazis, communist, islamist and even Christians during the late stage Roman empire. What I find funny and interesting is that thr capitalist class of America supports and defends CRT and Antiracism ideology. Do you think capitalist want to support Bernie sanders? Lol hell no. Capitalist rather wave a BLM or lgbt flag vs waving a red flag with a symbol at its sides or its core.
I tended to dismiss the "Communists are behind the overthrow of America" stuff because as a teen circa 1970, I heard a lot of that kind of stuff, and it offended me very much. I was very much against the war in Vietnam, and I was certainly no Communist!

However, the more I have read, the more I think that there is an actual push (or movement) to try to sabotage freedom and destroy the U.S. as we know it. Now, I do not know who or what is behind it, but I am convinced that the threat is real. The problem is that there are so many possibilities -- or perhaps many entities are combining forces -- that it is like when one first delves into the JFK assassination -- just too many possibilities that might or might not be credible.

Last edited by katharsis; 06-16-2021 at 08:22 AM..

Old 06-16-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I tended to dismiss the "Communists are behind the overthrow of America" stuff because as a teen circa 1970, I heard a lot of that kind of stuff, and it offended me very much. Imo, I was very much against the war in Vietnam, and I was certainly no Communist!

However, the more I have read, the more I think that there is an actual push (or movement) to try to sabotage freedom and destroy the U.S. as we know it. Now, I do not know who or what is behind it, but I am convinced that the threat is real. The problem is that there are so many possibilities -- or perhaps many entities are combining forces -- that it is like when one first delves into the JFK assassination -- just too many possibilities that might or might not be credible.
Last thing is this. CRT maintains the capitalist bougoussie. It does not overthrow it. Yes crt does say capitalism is racist. But it does nothing to remove capitalism unlike mainline othrodox Marxism which does. Yet many of the bougoussie follow woke ideology. Plenty of these folks who do defund or abolish the police do not live in high crime black areas. And prefer to live amongst whites who think like them or other intellectuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies