Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 04:29 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What's the difference? Even if the cashier was being a jerk about it, she didn't deserve to die.

The issue here is not a mask policy, but the increasing instances of people ending arguments with guns.
The difference is if a store policy, it assisted setting a confrontation up, costing her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 04:50 PM

4,061 posts, read 2,140,022 times
At least no one suggested that the store should have had a social worker to “de escalate” this guy. And maybe some of those who think the police are always wrong fir shooting will see how quickly it can happen when an angry, irrational person has a weapon they are itching t9 use…

Old 06-15-2021, 05:32 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What's the difference? Even if the cashier was being a jerk about it, she didn't deserve to die.

The issue here is not a mask policy, but the increasing instances of people ending arguments with guns.
Exactly.

Your don't like the store policy, you leave. You don't kill a staff member.

Shouldn't even need to make a comment about this.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:31 PM

16,077 posts, read 21,163,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
It does not justify what the criminal did, but I would like to know if the store forced her hand via policy.

IMO, Wal Mart has the most sensible policy. It forbids employees to confront or ask about vaccination status, and that protects employees.
Spoken by someone not on the front lines. Nope, it doesn't protect employees from nuts. If you are an employee still wearing a mask you get harassed. If you are an employee not wearing a mask you get harassed. Simply by virtue of having or not having a mask on your face people feel free to make assumptions and react accordingly, ask me how I know. I'm more frightened of the ones who harass me for wearing a mask. I called the police on one who threatened bodily harm to me a few weeks ago.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:47 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Your don't like the store policy, you leave. You don't kill a staff member.

Shouldn't even need to make a comment about this.
Agreed. This dude was an obvious powder keg. Someone that would do this would have done it over them not taking a check, requiring shoes, being out of budweiser etc. etc.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:56 PM

17,399 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Cashiers shouldn't be tasked with enforcing mask rules in the first place.

Old 06-15-2021, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
At least no one suggested that the store should have had a social worker to “de escalate” this guy. And maybe some of those who think the police are always wrong fir shooting will see how quickly it can happen when an angry, irrational person has a weapon they are itching t9 use…
No, the guy simply needs to be caged, for life.

Old 06-15-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Spoken by someone not on the front lines. Nope, it doesn't protect employees from nuts. If you are an employee still wearing a mask you get harassed. If you are an employee not wearing a mask you get harassed. Simply by virtue of having or not having a mask on your face people feel free to make assumptions and react accordingly, ask me how I know. I'm more frightened of the ones who harass me for wearing a mask. I called the police on one who threatened bodily harm to me a few weeks ago.
Confrontation increases your risk. I admire Wal Mart's position as it lessens the odds of an incident like this tragedy in Georgia. I do NOT feel stores should task their staff with enforcing such things. IMO, that should be management's job, if it is anyone in the store.

Calling the police as needed is better than confronting the nuts.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:01 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Too many people today let their implosive behavior control them…. I can guarantee that this criminal, yes criminal, is wondering why he did want he did.

Regardless of where you stand on the political/racial issues, the REAL victims are the dead cashier and wounded off-duty cop/security officer.

Sad.

Gee, I wonder who inspired many of them .

Old 06-15-2021, 09:41 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,628 times
Best to not tell people to wear a mask. Mommas basement will be empty for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies