Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 08:40 PM

1,754 posts, read 756,366 times

Advertisements

I am a Biden voter that never got covid vaccinated, but still might at a later date. I didn't avoid getting covid vaccinated because I am evil, a tinfoil hat wearer, or anti-science.

When the vaccine first became available my doctor, and I trust her, advised me not to get it saying that at the time:

(1) We don't know the effects on a fetus, and I was pregnant
(2) I was young, 19 (now 20), which means Covid is less likely to cause me severe problems
(3) I am very fit, which means Covid is less likely to cause me severe problems
(4) I eat extremely healthily, which means Covid is less likely to cause me severe problems
(5) I have no known comorbidities, which means Covid is less likely to cause me severe problems
(6) I didn't have a job and so didn't come into close contact with many people outside of my husband, I am fairly isolated and wear a mask and distance when shopping

Then after I gave birth I didn't rush to get it but then I got pregnant again. My doctor, she now says that I "probably" could get it and it "likely" is safe for a fetus, if I wanted it I should, but that it isn't a pressing need according to her. So I am still waiting to get it since I am pregnant again. She also told me that if I get the vaccine:

(A) I can still catch it
(B) I can still spread it
(C) Also, I have an anxiety disorder where I will severely worry over possible side effects. Stress isn't good for a baby in the belly. So I don't want to push it.

Once I am done with #2 in my belly, I will consider getting it in the future. But I am not evil, or a tin foil hat wearer. I just want to keep my babies as safe as possible.

Last edited by QuakerBaker; 03-07-2022 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 08:43 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times
Just remember Biden (or whomever was talking or writing the script) said unvaccinated were going to have a winter of "sever illness and death".

Please trust your health on those more unhealthy than you and those you have been wrong the entire scandemic.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:45 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,310,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
(5) I have no known comorbidities, which means Covid is less likely to cause me severe problems
.....then I got pregnant again. .....
Pregnancy is a comorbidity for severe Covid. Even if you are young and otherwise healthy.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...9/art-20482639

Women who are pregnant or were recently pregnant are at increased risk of severe illness with COVID-19. Severe illness means that you might need to be hospitalized, have intensive care or be placed on a ventilator to help with breathing. Pregnant women with COVID-19 are also more likely to deliver a baby before the start of the 37th week of pregnancy (premature birth). Pregnant women with COVID-19 might also be at increased risk of problems such as stillbirth and pregnancy loss.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html

Old 03-07-2022, 08:48 PM

25,765 posts, read 18,826,754 times
It almost sounds like you are trying to convince yourself to get the covid treatment. Before you do that, read the statistics concerning the effectiveness of the covid treatment and the reports of negative side effects. At this point there is absolutely no good reason to take the treatment. What little effectiveness it had, if any, is gone since we've moved about four variants past what that treatment was designed to fight.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:51 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,852,224 times
There's no way I'd inject myself with something that has no long-term data to back it up, especially if I was carrying an innocent little human inside of me. You must think of health of the child, too!

Congratulations, by the way!

Old 03-07-2022, 08:55 PM

6,010 posts, read 3,739,793 times
Quote:
I am a Biden voter that never got covid vaccinated, but still might at a later date. I didn't avoid getting covid vaccinated because I am evil, a tinfoil hat wearer, or anti-science.

When the vaccine first became available my doctor, and I trust her, advised me not to get it saying that at the time:

(1) We don't know the effects on a fetus, and I was pregnant
(2) I was young, 19 (now 20), which means Covid is less likely to cause me severe problems
(3) I am very fit, which means Covid is less likely to cause me severe problems
(4) I eat extremely healthily, which means Covid is less likely to cause me severe problems
(6) I didn't have a job and so didn't come into close contact with many people outside of my husband, I am fairly isolated

Then after I gave birth I didn't rush to get it but then I got pregnant again. My doctor, she now says that I "probably" could get it and it "likely" is safe for a fetus, if I wanted it I should, but that it isn't a pressing need according to her. So I am still waiting to get it since I am pregnant again. She also told me that if I get the vaccine:

(A) I can still catch it
(B) I can still spread it
(C) Also, I have an anxiety disorder where I will severely worry over possible side effects. Stress isn't good for a baby in the belly. So I don't want to push it.

Once I am done with #2 in my belly, I will consider getting it in the future. But I am not evil, or a tin foil hat wearer. I just want to keep my babies as safe as possible.
Sounds reasonable to me. I wouldn't get it if I were you.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:00 PM

1,754 posts, read 756,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Pregnancy is a comorbidity for severe Covid. Even if you are young and otherwise healthy.

Women who are pregnant or were recently pregnant are at increased risk of severe illness with COVID-19. Severe illness means that you might need to be hospitalized, have intensive care or be placed on a ventilator to help with breathing. Pregnant women with COVID-19 are also more likely to deliver a baby before the start of the 37th week of pregnancy (premature birth). Pregnant women with COVID-19 might also be at increased risk of problems such as stillbirth and pregnancy loss.

Thank you for the quality response. My doctor said that this risk was very low that bigger risks were things like old age, being overweight, and immune issues. At the initial time a year ago, she said the unknown risks of it on a baby in the belly outweighed the tiny risk to me. She seems has mostly backed off on that last part though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It almost sounds like you are trying to convince yourself to get the covid treatment.
No, just explaining why to people, since I get judged a lot when people ask me if I have been vaccinated. I might get it.....AFTER I give birth though, but not before then.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:05 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,714,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post

And Pregnancy was a medical exemption Austria had when it passed a bill that required all of it's citizens to get vaccinated back in February.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...er-enforcement

Quote:
formally approving a law that will see those over the age of 18 who decline to take a jab face penalties of up to 3,600 euros, unless they are pregnant or severely ill.
But it's all about science...right?

Old 03-07-2022, 09:05 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:

No, just explaining why to people, since I get judged a lot when people ask me if I have been vaccinated. I might get it.....AFTER I give birth though, but not before then.
Who are these people who are asking you if you've been vaccinated?

Why people feel the need to inquire about someone's personal medical decisions is beyond me ...

Old 03-07-2022, 09:12 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Who are these people who are asking you if you've been vaccinated?

Why people feel the need to inquire about someone's personal medical decisions is beyond me ...
I believe social media, maybe her social group. I’ve actually had someone explained to me why she was vaccinated like I was going to judge her, of course I wouldn’t and don’t and it makes me sad that some people both unvaccinated and vaccinated feel like they are going to be condemned for their choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies