Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 11:08 AM

14,968 posts, read 12,185,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorgyOnTap View Post
Trump lost because of his handling of the pandemic. Or mishandling.
Yup, that's the official narrative, and the lefties are sticking to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 11:11 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,604,280 times
the charm of a non-politician wore off trump lost because his staff was a revolving door

Old 06-19-2021, 11:11 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,784,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Yup, that's the official narrative, and the lefties are sticking to it.
Liberals cling to reality. Sad!

Old 06-19-2021, 11:20 AM

20,765 posts, read 8,609,188 times
How many people died because doctors were forbidden to prescribe safe therapeutics like HCQ and ivermectin?

Loony Leftists are science deniers.

Old 06-19-2021, 01:24 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,314,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sure, yeah, fine, as long as you ignore that the double CGG gene pairing, seen in COVID-19, has never been seen in nature, but always shows up in the viruses experimented upon in labs doing gain of function research.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I am not a virologist so I don't know what is "double CGG gene pairing". I can google it like most people but I don't feel comfortable speaking about it.

I was only pointing out why bat researchers would naturally suspect bats.
you should google "double CGG pairing". and "gain of function research that makes the manipulations nearly undetectable". And nobody needs "right wing" sources to make the point.

since you have to be a WSJ subscriber to read the LTE, I'll start with the NYPost link (which yes, I understand will be dismissed):

https://nypost.com/2021/06/06/damnin...neered-in-lab/

the WSJ original:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-sci...ak-11622995184
Quote:
In gain-of-function research, a microbiologist can increase the lethality of a coronavirus enormously by splicing a special sequence into its genome at a prime location. Doing this leaves no trace of manipulation. But it alters the virus spike protein, rendering it easier for the virus to inject genetic material into the victim cell. Since 1992 there have been at least 11 separate experiments adding a special sequence to the same location. The end result has always been supercharged viruses.

Old 06-19-2021, 01:29 PM

43,194 posts, read 18,363,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This just looks like more anti-science rhetoric from the far right. If you read a more reputable source, the scientists were reluctant to call for an investigation because they feared being misconstrued or associated with Trump's bigoted rhetoric. Politicizing the pandemic had that silencing effect. That doesn't make the scientists far left-wingers; it just means they are intelligent.
Do you just make stuff up and expect people to believe it ?

Why would scientists in China, Germany, France, Netherlands, Malaysia, etc. care about what Trump said ?

Very sad that you think the world revolves around US politics.

Old 06-19-2021, 01:40 PM

8,946 posts, read 2,973,105 times
Trump was right, again.

The media, academia, and elite big tech were wrong, again.

Old 06-19-2021, 01:56 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,314,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Trump's flight restriction from China were in January, you are talking about late February.The first US case of COVID was not until late February, and it was traced back to China.
no, the first case was a man in Washington on Jan 21 that was returning from China.

Quote:
This was the same time Rep. Nancy Pelosi was politicizing COVID and taunting Trump by encouraging people to gather in large crowds to celebrate the Chinese New Year.

Trump wanted more inbound flights restricted, but he received so much push back and criticism, I supposed he was convinced to limit his restriction to just China. And no wonder, Trump had people like Fauci encouraging people to to go on a cruise ship

And at the same time you say someone from Egypt infected a person, Pelsoi and the Democrats in Congress were supporting measures to effectively strip President Trump of his authority to impose travel bans to protect American citizens. So Trump was having a difficult time trying to keep us safe, while negotiating and compromising with his administration and the Democrats in Congress.
I'm not faulting you, but it's surprising we never were able to get folks to agree to the other facts you laid out above.

Here's the transcript of Trump's conversations with Woodard (and why he did it in the first place is just another sign of his ego, but doesn't incriminate him in taking no action against Covid).

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...wn-coronavirus

and these are short conversations.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=72912827

and by this article date - abc was reporting the same "partial info" every news outlet. They even said:

ABC News has not obtained copies of Woodward's book or the audio recordings and could not independently confirm the reports.

So it's important to know that conversation #1 was Feb 7 - 1 week after declaring a public emergency and constraining travel from China.

Old 06-19-2021, 02:29 PM

13,495 posts, read 4,320,825 times
it took the science, media and silicon valley and to close an entire economy during an election year to barely defeat an outsider. Trump split 25 states with Biden and barely lost the EC by less than 0.05% of the the votes in 3 states.

That's what it took to barely defeat Trump and to ban him from social media on top of that. These are the people behind the scenes.

Old 06-20-2021, 01:57 PM

38,014 posts, read 22,198,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
you should google "double CGG pairing". and "gain of function research that makes the manipulations nearly undetectable". And nobody needs "right wing" sources to make the point.

since you have to be a WSJ subscriber to read the LTE, I'll start with the NYPost link (which yes, I understand will be dismissed):

https://nypost.com/2021/06/06/damnin...neered-in-lab/

the WSJ original:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-sci...ak-11622995184
I really don't get this gets politicized. All it seems to take is for a person viewed as Republican-leaning to say something, and the knee-jerk left in politics, media, science, medicine, will all denounce what was said, and try to ban anyone else from repeating it, even if people die by the thousands because of their lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies