Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 09:55 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I am not a virologist so I don't know what is "double CGG gene pairing". I can google it like most people but I don't feel comfortable speaking about it.

I was only pointing out why bat researchers would naturally suspect bats.
Oops, here's a link. It may not cover everything, but it's a start:

‘Damning’ science shows COVID-19 likely engineered in lab: experts

“The insertion sequence of choice is the double CGG,” wrote Quay, the founder of Atossa Therapeutics, and Muller, a former top scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory who now teaches physics at the University of California’s Berkeley campus.

“That’s because it is readily available and convenient, and scientists have a great deal of experience inserting it,” they wrote. “An additional advantage of the double CGG sequence compared with the other 35 possible choices: It creates a useful beacon that permits the scientists to track the insertion in the laboratory.”

The pair noted that the double CGG sequence has never been found naturally among the entire group of coronaviruses that includes CoV-2, which causes COVID-19.

But, in what Quay and Muller called a “damning fact,” it was found in CoV-2.

“Proponents of zoonotic origin must explain why the novel coronavirus, when it mutated or recombined, happened to pick its least favorite combination, the double CGG,” they wrote. “Why did it replicate the choice the lab’s gain-of-function researchers would have made?

From what i have read, when viruses make the jump from animals to humans they are usually very weak, and do not allow scientists to study it very well. Inserting the double CGG gene is to make a virus more aggressive, so it can be studied better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 09:58 AM

10,074 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Dems twisted every single thing Trump did or said. Instead of allowing Trump to do anything good, they beat him up and spread lies to slow him down. They cheated the election, lied about this lab, lied about Jan 6, lied lied lied. They tried to impeach impeach impeach to hurt him. They are still trying to hurt him.

MSM, their media, is still spreading lies. They even make up stuff about him and spread it. They are scared to death of him. Why the left are so doom and gloom, I'll never understand. I miss happy and our country going in the right direction.

Trump should be the president right now and if not for the cheating and lying and MSM spreading crap about him, he would be. Best President Ever!

Now look what we have in the White House. Now look at the condition of the country! This is what all that lying did! Hope the dems are proud. I'm sure they are because they love all this division and open borders and the country going into the crapper.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:01 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
And here it is. The Left has literally sold out our country to China, while pretending to be the good guys. We need to red pill as many casual Democrats as possible in order for them to understand the Democratic Party no longer works for them - they have become a propaganda tool of the CCP.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/scient...ction-chances/
So Alina Chan represents ALL Scientist now? SMH

Old 06-18-2021, 10:03 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
When you factor in the millions of kids who needlessly lost a year of development and education, and instead incurred emotional damage and fear for 15 months, the cost of the Democrat Party's extreme politicization of the pandemic is incalculable.
considering that COVID deaths among children made up 0.1% of all deaths, yeah, it was very destructive, especially to the kids who committed suicide and did other things to harm themselves and others, during a year of lock downs.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
More importantly in this article it is implied she 'lied' about the potential of a lab leak. When you do a search of her name and last year -- she always suspected a lab leak and was public about it.

Then for her to say ''all of us scientists' lied -- means she is lying and of course she is not representative of anybody but herself.

Having said that -- critical to determine the source of the leak. I don't believe it was purposeful if there was a leak but I do think it is possible.....

AND -- that has nothing to do with how we responded to the virus .

Old 06-18-2021, 10:06 AM

2,367 posts, read 908,280 times
Wapasha, thanks, but I'm worse than you thought.

I don't even know what is a "CGG". Is it a protein? Is it a code? Is it an abbreviation? Does it only come in C's and G's or are there P's and Q's as well? Now you see why I can't speak about it, I am that lost.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:18 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This just looks like more anti-science rhetoric from the far right. If you read a more reputable source, the scientists were reluctant to call for an investigation because they feared being misconstrued or associated with Trump's bigoted rhetoric. Politicizing the pandemic had that silencing effect. That doesn't make the scientists far left-wingers; it just means they are intelligent.
So, the scientists themselves had this perception? Thus are potentially influenced in this regards for about every science issue?

Or are the leftist groups (in this case) so violent, so silencing, that many scientists are afraid of coming forward with facts if those facts goes against a leftist agenda?

Take climate change, which arguably is one of the most politicized topics; are there potentially thousands of scientists, science entities, too afraid to come out against the current speak on it?

Old 06-18-2021, 10:18 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
BREAKING: Chinese Minister Of State Security Has Defected To United States With Evidence On Wuhan Lab…

Dong Jingwei supposedly gave the U.S. information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology that changed the stance of the Biden Administration concerning the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...irl/ar-AAL9Tb7

Old 06-18-2021, 10:31 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Oh sorry I didn't explain. Because they predicted every 10 years. And since SARS was around 2010, they predicted another one around 2020.
What's the point of making mindless predictions based on conditions with which they supposedly have no control?

Old 06-18-2021, 10:32 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Doesn't George Floyd represent all of black America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies