Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2021, 12:00 PM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
But she don't buy the toys i do. I spend 20k a year or more on telescopes, but do resell most of them. Some i make money on and some i don't.
Sounds like your problem is you.

Old 06-21-2021, 12:55 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sounds like your problem is you.
I gotta have some fun.

Old 06-21-2021, 12:55 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
It just keeps going up. I used to flip homes on the gulf north of Tampa around 2001 to 2006. I did fine on the small run down 2 bedroom homes. Then bought one very big home on the gulf in 2005 and sat on it too long and lost 600k on it as after 2007 it was over rover. Around late 2007 no one would touch any home on the gulf in my area as no one would insure them and the cost to insure a super big house was like over 20k a year. By 2010 you could buy 100's of homes west of US19 on the gulf for 20k. Ins on these dumps were insane jane. This was before flood Ins went thru the roof, but HOI was like 5k a year to insure a home worth 20k.

So another big super crash is coming. I live in a very run down area in FL on the gulf. 90% of the homes are small 2 bedroom homes that are rented out to druggies and child rapers. West Pasco county from Holiday to Hudson is the poorest in the state and the worst crime. I still have many homes sitting empty since 2010 all around me.
You have empty homes in that area? Funny, the condos I bought (I still have one), rented out quickly, and sold easily. I bought in 2012. And I have to spend half my time in Canada, where I am a citizen. Hiway 19 is not a pretty area, but certainty New Port Richey has taken steps to address that. That city has done wonders in livability in the past 10 years. Not quite a Dunedin or Tarpon Springs, but all steps are positive.

How the heck do you have problems selling in this market? Sell the places on a rent-to-own basis if you are worried the Flood Insurance is too high for a mortgage the buyer will need. Payment missed, you take full ownership back, rinse and repeat.

My best investments ever was to buy in 2012 and sell staged over a number of years. How can you lose, I just don't get it.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:09 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,214,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Its easy to sit there and criticize if you haven't been in someone else's shoes that may lack the support or neccessary tools to get ahead. Not saying this person does but "Just move, Just find a better paying job" is easy to sit there and say, its another thing to execute when other circumstances may prevent a person from doing so.

Some people need to get away from their stock portfolio for a change and look at the reality on the ground for so many people. Some people just don't have the opportunities or support system that others were blessed with having. Especially when their busting their rears to make the rich even richer.

Theres alot of good workers out there that did everything "right" to put themselves in a position to get ahead and it never came to fruition.
She already has a job that appears to pay 40k or more per year (plus benefits) and an operable vehicle. She should have access to some type of computer in the Amazon warehouse she can use during her off hours. She simply needs to do a real estate/rental search to find a small apartment or someone seeking a roommate/tenant within a reasonable commute. The fact that the job is in Staten Island instead of another part of NYC is to her benefit- there are two major roads of the island (one is an interstate) and they immediately hit 95 and other lesser roads.

Ironically, if she makes use of the 401k plan, she too might have a stock portfolio.
https://www.amazondelivers.jobs/abou...on%20purchases

After she is in a home/apartment/room, she can settle in and plot her next move. It might be requesting a transfer to an Amazon facility in a low cost of living area.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You have empty homes in that area? Funny, the condos I bought (I still have one), rented out quickly, and sold easily. I bought in 2012. And I have to spend half my time in Canada, where I am a citizen. Hiway 19 is not a pretty area, but certainty New Port Richey has taken steps to address that. That city has done wonders in livability in the past 10 years. Not quite a Dunedin or Tarpon Springs, but all steps are positive.

How the heck do you have problems selling in this market? Sell the places on a rent-to-own basis if you are worried the Flood Insurance is too high for a mortgage the buyer will need. Payment missed, you take full ownership back, rinse and repeat.

My best investments ever was to buy in 2012 and sell staged over a number of years. How can you lose, I just don't get it.
I am not in New port richey. But look around Hoilday to Hudson and it is all trash and run down homes with a few nice homes here and there. When you have all renters it is bad.

I don't flip homes anymore so none to sell mel. But many are empty and have been for years. I can buy them for 50k and less jess . But would need 80k to fix them up or more. All these old run down hoods with small 2 bedroom homes are 90% renters. Just all run down and trash. I stopped selling homes in 2007 when i took the 600k hit on one house.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:29 PM

11,789 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
But she don't buy the toys i do. I spend 20k a year or more on telescopes, but do resell most of them. Some i make money on and some i don't.
After reading umpteen pages sounds like you are a troll. 20 grand a year on toys, living in a drug infested neighborhood where you pay enormous home insurance costs - I think you have your priorities goofed up - but to each his own.

Doesn't change the fact that this person in NYC can live on $40,000 a year.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
After reading umpteen pages sounds like you are a troll. 20 grand a year on toys, living in a drug infested neighborhood where you pay enormous home insurance costs - I think you have your priorities goofed up - but to each his own.

Doesn't change the fact that this person in NYC can live on $40,000 a year.
Seems you can't read reed. I don't pay jack for any Ins bra. I go bare blare. Go back up and re read jack.

Old 06-21-2021, 02:02 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
I do like the frequent rhyming though. It's a bit entertaining, to see when you do and when you don't.

Old 06-21-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I do like the frequent rhyming though. It's a bit entertaining, to see when you do and when you don't.
Sometimes i forget i guess. The fact is living on 19 a hour is not easy even when you have little bills phill if you enjoy having some fun. I am sure everyone can suck up and just not have any fun and get by sly. Rents in FL have gone thru the roof and that is the truth.

Old 06-21-2021, 02:18 PM

11,789 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Seems you can't read reed. I don't pay jack for any Ins bra. I go bare blare. Go back up and re read jack.
Sorry I missed that but your attitude let's me know the type of person you are - someone I don't want to converse with. Bye bro!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies