Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 05:52 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,320,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yeah, we do know.
The OP apparently believes that the white guy shouldn’t have to be punished for intentionally driving into a group of people.
the OP and some morons believe the white guy is being over-prosecuted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
There is a group of people on CD who are lost in the sauce.

They claim the race card is played all the time, yet when you look at the race poker table they are always there slapping down their cards to play victim.

All they do is focus on race while claiming everyone else is obsessed with racism.

and they live on both whacky ends of the spectrum.

Old 06-19-2021, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What is "new" here? The black guy would have been executed on the spot by the police for what the white guy did. We would not be talking about charges.
except he obviously wasn't.

I'd say the sarcastic "try harder", but in actuality it's "try less to claim cops are hunting Black men."

Old 06-19-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
As far as I know, Mike Freeman, the progressive DA who has shown how much he panders to the demands of the anarchists, is the one who admittedly "overcharged" Kraus.

He said, in his own words, "we overcharged" Kraus.

Yeah, no pandering to the anarchists who picketed outside his home last year, I'm sure.
do you have a comprehension disability?

Old 06-19-2021, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So rather than have an honest discussion about those topics you chose to pick two different crimes and try to claim unfairness?
yes.

and frankly it's up to all of us to continuously and incessantly point out the stupidity.

We do still wait for the "reasonable Dems" on this forum to call out the nutjobs on their side though.

Old 06-19-2021, 06:12 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,113,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So rather than have an honest discussion about those topics you chose to pick two different crimes and try to claim unfairness?
I don't see a big difference in the crimes.

And people here are acting like Brookins was a choirboy. Nope. He had at least one DUI prior.

Killed a young boy who was skateboarding.

Kraus, driving drunk/drugged, killed an adult who was illegally shutting down a street at midnight.

In fact I would argue what Brookins did was more egregious. He killed a kid who was just playing in the street because of his recklessness.

Old 06-19-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Were the judges Black though? You never answered.
interesting question though.

So, if we go back to the OP's first link, and drill down, you'll notice this:

Quote:
His office on Wednesday also charged 46-year-old Christopher Rice with second-degree intentional murder on allegations that he ran over a neighbor Saturday in Brooklyn Park.
who is Christopher Rice? ZOMG - a Black man!

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...e-9a04c4fa971a

A mentally-ill Black man at that ... now, what we're going to do with criminals that ...

Quote:
Prosecutors say that when questioned by investigators Rice indicated he has Schizophrenia and Bi-Polar disorder, and told them he had not taken his medication for more than a month.
Now, if you want to drill down to which judge was seated for each arrest/charge, that's going to be harder. Might entail an email to someone in Minneapolis.

Old 06-19-2021, 06:26 PM

42,005 posts, read 75,385,949 times
Quote:
Kraus, driving drunk/drugged, killed an adult who was illegally shutting down a street at midnight.
Driving without a license. A history of multiple DWI convictions and other moving violations. Admitted that he intentionally drove into a group of people.

But he was white, and he killed a woman. I guess that would make him a hero to some.

Old 06-19-2021, 07:06 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,113,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Driving without a license. A history of multiple DWI convictions and other moving violations. Admitted that he intentionally drove into a group of people.

But he was white, and he killed a woman. I guess that would make him a hero to some.
Well, she was white.

As far as is known, she was part of a group of anarchists who illegally shut down a street (endangering everyone, as they found out), were out at midnight...all over a man who SHOT AT LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Sorry, not sorry, that I don't shed a tear over that whole incident. They were committing criminal acts in the name of another vile violent felon (Winston Smith).

The kid on his skateboard (he was black), well, I do feel like he got a truly raw deal.

Old 06-19-2021, 07:53 PM

15,359 posts, read 12,680,082 times
Quote:
Well, she was white.

As far as is known, she was part of a group of anarchists who illegally shut down a street (endangering everyone, as they found out), were out at midnight...all over a man who SHOT AT LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Sorry, not sorry, that I don't shed a tear over that whole incident. They were committing criminal acts in the name of another vile violent felon (Winston Smith).

The kid on his skateboard (he was black), well, I do feel like he got a truly raw deal.
who cares what tears you shed. We all know your tears are all screwed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies