Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 03:13 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
There is no proof anywhere. We don't know where the darn thing came from. That's only the truth we have.

A simple search showed me FB, Google, and Twitter are showing posts about lab leaked. So, what's the problem??

Oh wow, I guess by your standards, we shouldn't talk about the virus and it's possible origins at all! After all, that might upset you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 03:18 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
We needed to know from the very beginning, when we could have done something about it. But China lied and attempted to cover up the existence of the virus. The doctor that tried to warn the world was detained, harassed and threatened by the CCP. He ended up dead. Makes you question their official story that he died of COVID-19.

yes, I agree

If we need N95 masks and PPE so bad, maybe we should have considered that before we gave away all our manufacturing capacity to a communist country that serves themselves and their own best interests, first and foremost.

yes, I agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fwgVUfW_O4

China has a name for Americans that are very trusting of their motives... And I doubt our resident lefties would appreciate it!
Yeah, I probably don't want to know that name, being that I am a leftie who agrees with you on the above points.

Old 06-19-2021, 03:34 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Oh wow, I guess by your standards, we shouldn't talk about the virus and it's possible origins at all! After all, that might upset you

Where did I say you shouldn't talk about the virus??!!

The right-wing likes to create imaginary argument and debate that; probably because that's the only kind they can win.

Old 06-19-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Where did I say you shouldn't talk about the virus??!!

The right-wing likes to create imaginary argument and debate that; probably because that's the only kind they can win.

Quote:
You can harp on big tech all you want, but I have a problem with people labeling a theory (at best) as something that is true.

You create false arguments all the time. No one said the lab leak theory was the truth. It was a theory, just like the bat soup theory/myth. But that was the theory that big tech forced America to run with, because they would not allow any discussion whatsoever of the lab leak theory. That is, until it became painfully obvious of their censorship of a very plausible theory.

Old 06-19-2021, 03:41 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
You create false arguments all the time. No one said the lab leak theory was the truth. It was a theory, just like the bat soup theory/myth. But that was the theory that big tech forced America to run with, because they would not allow any discussion whatsoever of the lab leak theory. That is, until it became painfully obvious of their censorship of a very plausible theory.
A leak out of the lab was a possibility but the claims by some that China created a bio weapon and intentionally released the virus to destroy the world is pure tin foil. But as you can see on this site many people will believe anything.

Many groups of bats have been detected carrying similar corona viruses, that is not a myth.

Old 06-19-2021, 03:43 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,786 times
I am against all censoring. Big Tech suspending accounts, removing posts, that's censoring. CNN choosing not to cover the lab leak stories is not censoring. We have a choice of what media to use. I never watch CNN.

It's just that Twitter and Facebook have almost become public utilities. At this point if they remove content they disagree with, it's censoring. (I don't use it myself).

If I wanted to say I think covid19 was started by extraterrestrials, I should be allowed to say that.

Old 06-19-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
A leak out of the lab was a possibility but the claims by some that China created a bio weapon and intentionally released the virus to destroy the world is pure tin foil. But as you can see on this site many people will believe anything.

Many groups of bats have been detected carrying similar corona viruses, that is not a myth.

I'm sure that's what people said about Nazis gassing millions of Jews... Until it was revealed that Nazis had been gassing millions of Jews...

Anything is possible. Even the crazy conspiracy theory sounding stuff.

Old 06-19-2021, 07:41 PM

39,878 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
What he said ^^^^

We really don't know yet. And we may never know for sure where it started.

Sometimes I wonder if the effort to not blame China at the beginning was because we needed them... for info about the virus as well as for obtaining N95 masks and PPE.
I think that's simplistic. I think we had a media that cared nothing about the truth, that decided that the Communist Chinese Party were "good guys"-so long as Trump was calling them out. The political bias DOES go through the media, and of course we've known that for decades. What people are finally realizing is that the "science" community is just as willing to put politics ahead of the truth when it serves their desires.

For the media to lie to the American people is no big deal any longer. Frankly, it's expected; no one thinks the media has any integrity any longer. At least no one that pays any attention and has an IQ over 80. The fact that the scientific community has been caught in a bold-faced lie to the American people puts their integrity and honest at a similar level, and jeopardizes the confidence of the American people in whatever they present.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 06-19-2021 at 07:53 PM..

Old 06-19-2021, 07:51 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
We have absolutely no proof if the virus leaked from a lab. None. If you want to raise it as a possibility, that's fine. But don't say something is true when it's at best just a possibility.
We have absolutely no proof that man's actions have any effect on climate. None. If you want to raise it as a possibility, that's fine. But don't say something is true when it's at best just a possibility.

Do YOU say that man is causing the climate to change?

Old 06-19-2021, 08:02 PM

39,878 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpockPlayingBasketBall View Post
Well we have years of research that supports the data and the fact that emissions don’t just magically disappear like particles in a video game.

The lab leak is a possibility. But I highly doubt it was intentional. Any government that releases a virus will risk a viral mutation and the possibility for it to come back to them.
And you base that conclusion on what data or evidence? The fact that the CCP is an enemy of the United States? That they have little respect or value for human life? That Chinese culture is very racist and does not respect other ethnicities? The fact that China has a level 4 bio-lab that was researching coronavirus with a bat origin? And that was actively working to make it a bio-weapon(gain of function)? Just what would make you think it was NOT intentional? And what explains the fact that, at least anecdotally, the virus seems to have far less of an impact on those of Asian descent than any other race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies