Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 01:27 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Bill Cosby raped 60 upper class women, cover girls ect,. Thats why he did the time.
spreading false information like this is exactly what's wrong with the whole situation. He did not rape 60 women. Many of the allegations fall apart extremely quickly when you go one basic level into the details. Some of the accuers, like Janice Dickinson, straight up lied. Janice Dickinson is a woman that's been a junkie for entire adult life and has admitted to sleeping with over 1000 men on the Howard Stern show. But she was counted as an accuser. People just saw the number. Even with Andrea Constand, her former roommate said she lied about it Cosby raping her.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/a...ult-trial.html
Quote:
The adviser, Marguerite Jackson, said Andrea Constand, who was once the director of operations for Temple’s women’s basketball team, made the comment while they were watching television in a hotel room they shared on a trip by the team for a game in Rhode Island.

“She said it did not happen,” Ms. Jackson told the jury at the Montgomery County Courthouse.

Ms. Constand testified this week that while Ms. Jackson’s name sounded familiar, she had always roomed alone on trips.

But from the witness stand here, Ms. Jackson said she had shared a room with Ms. Constand for away games on two or three occasions. One time, in February 2004, she said Ms. Constand told her she had been assaulted by a celebrity, after seeing a clip on television about another, unnamed star who had been so accused.

Ms. Jackson testified that Ms. Constand then changed her story and told her that it actually hadn’t happened after all.

“She said: ‘No it didn’t. I could say it did. I could quit my job. I could get that money,’” Ms. Jackson recalled
And if you want to know how bad this false information is, just ask yourself why they keep having trouble prosecuting a case that's supposed to be a lay-up. It's because people have spread these fake lies and numbers around to the point where they are just platitudes. All of a sudden these slam-dunk cases fly into the wind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 07:51 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
spreading false information like this is exactly what's wrong with the whole situation. He did not rape 60 women. Many of the allegations fall apart extremely quickly when you go one basic level into the details. Some of the accuers, like Janice Dickinson, straight up lied. Janice Dickinson is a woman that's been a junkie for entire adult life and has admitted to sleeping with over 1000 men on the Howard Stern show. But she was counted as an accuser. People just saw the number. Even with Andrea Constand, her former roommate said she lied about it Cosby raping her.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/a...ult-trial.html

And if you want to know how bad this false information is, just ask yourself why they keep having trouble prosecuting a case that's supposed to be a lay-up. It's because people have spread these fake lies and numbers around to the point where they are just platitudes. All of a sudden these slam-dunk cases fly into the wind.
One of the problems is the age of the accusation. The accused might not remember some very important detail such as, for example, the weather. That might affect what people are wearing. I once represented a beverage maker who was being sued by one "Jane." Jane claimed that the bottles were all smashed and speculated that they may have frozen. I cross-examined her with weather records showing it was possible but improbable. I was the lawyer and didn't have to work from memory, which a witness does. Also, witnesses either become hard to find or lose their recollection. Notwithstanding the political imperative of #MeToo it should not be too much to ask for a person to come forward promptly with accusations.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:58 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
One of the problems is the age of the accusation. The accused might not remember some very important detail such as, for example, the weather. That might affect what people are wearing. I once represented a beverage maker who was being sued by one "Jane." Jane claimed that the bottles were all smashed and speculated that they may have frozen. I cross-examined her with weather records showing it was possible but improbable. I was the lawyer and didn't have to work from memory, which a witness does. Also, witnesses either become hard to find or lose their recollection. Notwithstanding the political imperative of #MeToo it should not be too much to ask for a person to come forward promptly with accusations.
Reporting early and getting it on the record is key.

When I was 11 or 12 in summer camp a kid (who we later found out was molested by his female babysitter) started saying that he was going to suck other boys off when they were sleeping. He also said he was going to pee in girls mouths (this was before the R Kelly tapes came out). I told my mother this on the first call and she immediately came to pick me up and removed me from the program. Considering this was the YMCA and mid 90s as I'm recalling, the administration didn't take it seriously enough... I am not 100% sure but later I believe he went on to commit various crimes because his mental issues were never addressed.

Although these things may be down played in the moment, many of the Cosby accusers failed to take some kind of reasonable action. I'm not sure how or why White people raise their kids to think nothing bad can possibly happen to them. (White privilege I guess...) I was constantly warned by my parents there are molesters everywhere and given the Spanish inquisition after summer camps and periodically throughout my teenage years. Even as I grew to 6'0...

So given this, as I mentioned in my previous post above it is highly questionable and bizarre that over 40 White Women did not file any police reports, some even going back multiple times to engage with a Black Man who supposedly abused them, and some of their ages at the time being well into their 30s...

#BelieveAllWomen works, until it makes the US gender divide so large that now millions of American Women claim they cannot find a Man even for a date. At some point Women have to take responsibility for their own personal selection criteria. Women have never been this empowered before in history in most times - Except right before the Fall of Rome. So as you can imagine it is quite difficult for me to reconcile how this will end well, for anyone.

Old 07-09-2021, 01:58 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Reporting early and getting it on the record is key.
Absolutely. I am a bankruptcy lawyer. People raise all kinds of justifications as to why they didn't pay their creditors. There is even a cottage industry called "lender liability." Strange how the lender's conduct was never an issue until payment time came.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
#BelieveAllWomen works, until it makes the US gender divide so large that now millions of American Women claim they cannot find a Man even for a date. At some point Women have to take responsibility for their own personal selection criteria. Women have never been this empowered before in history in most times - Except right before the Fall of Rome. So as you can imagine it is quite difficult for me to reconcile how this will end well, for anyone.
I am now happily married for 30 years. I wonder how dating would have gone if I had to consider every "blind date" a potential criminal accusation trap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies