Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 09:01 PM

2,047 posts, read 858,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
While I agree that the MeToo movement, while well-intentioned, has often turned into a partisan disgrace that is completely unfair to men, I do not view the Bill Cosby situation as a part of a problem with MeToo. Bill Cosby admitted in his deposition to buying drugs for the purpose of giving women to have sex. He admitted to drugging women in order to have sex with them. Women who then would be unable to consent to sexual activity. That is rape. He told on himself.

Note, I would view things differently if Bill Cosby said that both he and the women took the drugs and were high when they had sex. But he said that he bought the drugs to give to the women.
It’s also in an indirect way unfair to women as well. Especially women in the workplace. Men, including myself are scared to death to be alone with women. Like literally terrified of it. And so women are often getting excluded from company events or things were they may be social with men in general. And it’s sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 09:04 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,676,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Well yes, I said the exact same thing in post 88.
Sorry, I think I meant to quote a different post, then came back and quoted the wrong one.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
Good for him.

Poor guy was railroaded.

Can you imagine if you partied with women and then years later were falsely convicted of something that you didn't do? Terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
All 60 women, I’m sure you’re joking, right?
Yes, some do not appear to be playing with a full deck or cannot see the entire picture.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:12 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
A hot mess all around. I am stunned that some are actually defending Bill Cosby when he has come out and admitted to engaging in the same tactics the women accuse him of.

As for Cosby's lawyers, they made the same arguments about the inadmissibility of the deposition and the decision to bring charges, period, even before the trial. The trial judge, however, dismissed those arguments and allowed the case to go forward. The trial judge was also a fool in that regard for disregarding clear constitutional requirements. Note, on this issue, the PA Supreme Court was essentially unanimous in their decision to overturn the verdict.

Legally, that was the only thing they could do. It really sucks though.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:14 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,718 times
Quote:
As vile as he may be, he should have never been tried to begin with based on the evidence presented. In the eyes of the law, he is an innocent man. His guilty verdict should have never had the opportunity to be given. In the eyes of the law, it is as if it never existed.

The prosecutor in this case was an incompetent fool who ran on a vow to bring Bill Cosby to justice. In doing so, however, the prosecutor engaged in unconstitutional behavior by failing to honor the earlier agreement made by the old prosecutor.

The prosecutor today should have tried to build a case on actual admissible evidence.
As much as I disagree with you on almost everything, this I agree with. Actually, both are idiots. Everything from that case is now fruit of the poisonous tree FFS.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:33 PM

264 posts, read 101,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Here's what we know:
  • The DA Bruce Castor didn't have enough to charge Bill Cosby with anything in 2005.
  • Bruce Castor forced Bill Cosby to incriminate himself with the agreement and understanding that he couldn't be prosecuted.
  • Bruce Castor faced a close election challenge from one Stephen O'Neill. O'Neill made "I'm going to get Bill Cosby" a big part of his campaign. Castor won that election and continued on as District Attorney.
  • Stephen O'Neill went on to become a judge.
  • Judge Stephen O'Neill was the judge over the trial of Bill Cosby. Considering his obsession with going after Bill Cosby, it should not have been remotely possible for him to be the judge in that trial -- but he was the judge anyways.
  • Risa Vetri Ferman runs for the District Attorney position against Bruce Castor, similarly campaigning on a "I will get Bill Cosby" as a big part of her campaign. She won.
  • Risa Vetri Ferman's prosecution ignored the deal Castor had made with Cosby and prosecuted him anyways.
  • So going into the trial, you had a judge that was openly hostile towards Bill Cosby and a District Attorney who was elected on the promise that she would get Bill Cosby.
  • When Bruce Castor testified under oath that he had made the deal not to prosecute Cosby, Judge Stephen O'Neill had Castor thrown out of court as a hostile witness.
  • Judge Stephen O'Neill did many things to sway things against Cosby throughout the trial.
  • Ultimately, Bill Cosby was railroaded by the same BS as Brett Kavanaugh and Donald Trump: "There sure are a lot of women accusing him, so surely he must be guilty of something!!" Never mind that the man has hundreds of millions of dollars, is a public figure and undoubtedly has a lot of people who hate him and want to ruin him. Apparently, "lots of accusers" without any evidence is good enough these days.
  • The best actual evidence against him was the video taped deposition in which he was essentially forced to incriminate himself, in violation of his 5th Amendment rights.
  • Several women were allowed to testify when their testimony should have been legally inadmissible.
  • It is proven that several of Cosby's accusers were lying.
  • Bill Cosby has hundreds of millions of reason$$$ for women to want to falsely accuse him. He also had many political and ideological enemies that were quite keen to take him out as well.
  • One of the jurors said out loud that "we all know he's guilty" before the trial even started. The judge refused to remove that juror.

Bill Cosby's trial was a kangaroo court and a joke. When the prosecution breaks that many rules and the judge is that biased to begin with, there is no conceivable way that Cosby could have gotten a fair trial. I honestly don't know if he raped a bunch of women. He admitted to having a kink for drugging women prior to having sex with them, but some people -- men and women both -- are into some serious freaky sh-t when it comes to sex. It has not been proven that the ladies weren't consenting to all of it at the time. In fact, it is very strange that so many women waited for decades to accuse Coby of anything. The court of public opinion can think what it wants, the court of law requires that you actually prove guilt with facts and evidence. And when the prosecution agrees that they've got no case but pulls what Bruce Castor pulled, essentially coercing self-incrimination from Cosby -- that ain't right. When Ferman decides to ignore what Castor agreed to, that ain't right. When put together the combination of a judge and a prosecutor who are both hell bent on taking out Bill Cosby, the odds of getting a fair trial are pretty much zero.

Adding it all up, there's plenty of reason to seriously doubt that Bill Cosby was ever guilty of anything but being a weird freak sexually. It was never proven that he committed a crime.

Indeed.

Prosecutorial misconduct coupled with all of the afore-mentioned statements indicate at the very least explicit bias.

And this bias is primarily based on what?

Answer already known.

As previously stated, this becomes a comparison/contrast between what Bill Cosby stated what happened vs. what a woman with Bill Cosby stated what happened.

Violating women and drugging them is wrong. Period.

Of the 60 women, there appears to be some that became part of the suit if Bill Cosby just smiled at them and hugged them.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:04 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...vania-n1272748

Bill Cosby will be released from prison today.
That's how it's supposed to work. If the prosecution cheats, the conviction should be overturned.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:54 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Either way, in the eyes of law, he's innocent.....and that's good enough for me.
Actually it’s not guilty. And that was not based on the testimony and evidence of guilt for rape. Basically a screw up by the prosecutors.

Quote:
The women jumped on the sympathy bandwagon. The poor ones just wanted money. The rich ones wanted to gain sympathy for their brands and attention.

Victimhood is trendy these days.
For all rape victims, hope you’re never on a rape trial jury.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
It’s also in an indirect way unfair to women as well. Especially women in the workplace. Men, including myself are scared to death to be alone with women. Like literally terrified of it. And so women are often getting excluded from company events or things were they may be social with men in general. And it’s sad.
Sadly, some men see this simply as a "black and white" issue, the assumption that ALL women are capable of blaming a man for something made up or misconstrued and that any man could be blamed for such. This is overkill and ridiculous.

There are varying instances, but since a few years back, with some justifiably awful men being finally caught for what they were accused of actually having done, things just went overboard. Do some just not see the difference between what is right or wrong? There should not be fear to be alone with a woman in the workplace, having accidentally touched her shoulder and have her construe it as having been something else. All women are not capable of falsely accusing another and all men are not capable of rape.

For instance, I never believed the case(s) in which Minnesota politician and ex-SNL cast member, Al Franken, was blamed (twice?) for "having touched a woman's boob", while posing with his arm around them for a requested photograph. Also, fueled by another's claim, whom he had performed with, having had a different incidence of. There are some women who may be compelled to make some sexual attack claim of some sort, based upon some personality flaw, but this doesn't mean all women are wired this way, just as all men are not capable of attacking a female.

Do you know that there had also been for years, blame placed upon women having taken a chance to be alone with a man, gone somewhere with, to his residence or having had him in their home. That is why many women kept from reporting an actual incident, being told they would not be believed, being talked out of making a claim, since having allowed these circumstances to occur. Yet others have dates with the opposite sex in which this sort of thing would not occur.

It's just so messed up....yes, there are those having been unjustly accused and in prison, like so many things being very wrong, but each case has to be examined fully and properly. I get tired of those thinking how 50+ women over a span of years, must have all been "after another's money". What's crazier is a guy having clearly done what he did to that many women, having gotten away with it. It's unusual and I suppose that is why some find it to be unbelievable, but it's just another strange instance of what could happen involving a mentally-disturbed person.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:08 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,844,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...vania-n1272748

Bill Cosby will be released from prison today.
Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies